Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, let me get this straight. Because you witness death and have some personal tragedy in your life it's an excuse to stop caring, throw the towel in, and generally stop giving a fuck? Strange as I thought the opposite would be true.
I was at west ham, and I saw the Southampton game. Whoever it was that was in the Adebayor shirt definitely gave a shit.
I think he's actually been very mature about it all.
He could have done a tevez, he could have gone to the papers and moaned. But he didn't, he worked hard, waited for his chance, And when it came he scored 3 goals in 2 games. He's let his football do the talking.
If I had millions in the bank, got shot at and had my brother die at whatever stupidly young age, I'd have probably said fuck this for a laugh and binned the lot off.

I was at west ham, and I saw the Southampton game. Whoever it was that was in the Adebayor shirt definitely gave a shit.
He could have done a tevez, he could have gone to the papers and moaned. But he didn't, he worked hard, waited for his chance, And when it came he scored 3 goals in 2 games. He's let his football do the talking.
If I had millions in the bank, got shot at and had my brother die at whatever stupidly young age, I'd have probably said fuck this for a laugh and binned the lot off.

That says more about you than anything else tbh.

The fella's clearly been working hard and is looking to put in a shift for us. We've finally got a striker with an excellent goal ratio this season, something we've all whined about for awhile now. Glad to see it.

Calling him a Gooner, yet still referring to Sol as "Judas" is a complete contradiction. I say to the seventh level of hell with Sol and may Ade continue his form at the Emirates on Jan 4th.

I like your first part, but not your last paragraph. That's a one way road to a miserable life in response to tragedy. But yes, he certainly could've continued sitting in the golf cart during training while gettin paid to do it.

Stop wanking yourselves silly lads. He has had two games and yes, he has scored 3. But come on, he has played so briefly yet we are talking about goal ratio and putting in effort.

The geezer has been missing for the past year and a half with mysterious injuries whilst being our highest earner. Yes, he was frozen out. For a reason.
The cynic in me says that transfer season is approaching and he wants out. I hope im wrong, and he has found a work ethic because an on form Ade is a great asset.

In the past I've been pissed at Ade for many things, but never have I thought of him as a gooner.

The guy left them on bad terms, and celebrated scoring against them in the best way possible. They hate him. Plus he never won anything with them.

This is pretty much the only acceptable scenario to take/welcome a player from a rival team.

Couldn't agree more with above. Adey love-in after 1 and a half fucking games. Unbelivable! Wonder what you guys were saying after his dismal displays last year?

Furious with him. When he scored that goal against Chelsea it took me a couple days to compose myself to be able to pick my jaw up off the floor. I've never been so surprised by any one moment in my entire life with the game.

But the cause of that surprise had everything to do with his effort. Everything. And the amount of effort he put in against Southampton yesterday may be the most I've ever seen from him. I don't see anyone on here stating he's our savior, but for the time being with the evidence at hand he deserves at least a nod of appreciation. He could full well return to his old ways and just as easily lose my support as he's done in the past, but for now I say go on n get in there Ade. Glad to have him back if he's going to continue that work rate.

Last edited:
Furious with him. When he scored that goal against Chelsea it took me a couple days to compose myself to be able to pick my jaw up off the floor. I've never been so surprised by any one moment in my entire life with the game.

But the cause of that surprise had everything to do with his effort. Everything. And given the amount of effort he put in against Southampton yesterday may be the most I've ever seen from him. I don't see anyone on here stating he's our savior, but for the time being with the evidence at hand he deserves at least a nod of appreciation. He could full well return to his old ways and just as easily lose my support as he's done in the past, but for now I say go on n get in there Ade. Glad to have him back if he's going to continue that work rate.

Well I'm calling it now, he'll drag us into top 4, him and his partnership with Soldado :adestare:

The fella's clearly been working hard and is looking to put in a shift for us. We've finally got a striker with an excellent goal ratio this season, something we've all whined about for awhile now. Glad to see it.

Calling him a Gooner, yet still referring to Sol as "Judas" is a complete contradiction. I say to the seventh level of hell with Sol and may Ade continue his form at the Emirates on Jan 4th.
you go on as if all of Woolwich accepted Sol as one of their own. I know for a fact there are Woolwich that didn't like him because of his ties to us, didn't matter how much he mugged us off to them.

you go on as if all of Woolwich accepted Sol as one of their own. I know for a fact there are Woolwich that didn't like him because of his ties to us, didn't matter how much he mugged us off to them.

That's a fair point, but for me personally I couldn't care less how they reacted to it. I see Sol as complete scum for it, and by that same logic I'm thrilled to have someone who left them on poor terms currently playing well for us, especially with a trip to the Emirates coming up in less than two weeks.

Nah,I don't trust adebayor. We need to buy a striker in january and let defoe go. Adebayor is a joker card. He is far too temperamental and unstable.He can play like messi one game and regress into emile heskey the next few weeks.Has adebayor finally matured?. Maybe. But based on past experience this isn't the guy to lead us to a top 4 finish.

I like your first part, but not your last paragraph. That's a one way road to a miserable life in response to tragedy. But yes, he certainly could've continued sitting in the golf cart during training while gettin paid to do it.
Haha maybe I didn't explain it properly or maybe I just have an odd way of looking at life .
I don't mean I'd bin it all off and become depressed and just give up. What's the point. I just mean I'd go back to my home country and spend time with friends and family. He never has to work again if he doesn't want too and. Could easily support his whole family. The fact he chooses to turn up in shitty weather to one of th. Shittest bits of London suggests to me he has some sort of drive to continue

Back
Top Bottom