AFC Bournemouth VS Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday 26th August 2023. Vitality Stadium 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just give up trying to follow this sport. Try darts or croquet
I did. It became boring when there weren't any people like yourself trying to convince me the Guy I support, had such a superior throwing action, it out weighed the fact that his opponent whipped his ass. I could also not find any fans that believed loosing in a shiny revamped pub was better than winning in a smaller community pub

This week's Fighting Cock Pod touched on this: that perhaps the dressing room is actually more harmonious now that Kane has gone (rumours on him demanding to play the CL final, that not sitting right with Super Jan, etc).

I've not seen our squad look so together since the heights of the Poch era, and even then Kane being the star had crept into the narrative.

While it seems pretty clear we need an attacking addition of some sort in the aftermath of Kane leaving (and god willing we do so this week) the lads don't look down-heartened at all.

This week's Fighting Cock Pod touched on this: that perhaps the dressing room is actually more harmonious now that Kane has gone (rumours on him demanding to play the CL final, that not sitting right with Super Jan, etc).

I've not seen our squad look so together since the heights of the Poch era, and even then Kane being the star had crept into the narrative.

While it seems pretty clear we need an attacking addition of some sort in the aftermath of Kane leaving (and god willing we do so this week) the lads don't look down-heartened at all.
Lacked energy and youth for the last four or so years and that’s been addressed too, Lloris, Dier and Hoj were automatic starters regardless of form or fatigue which killed us too

That players committee has been torched too.

If they communicated that their strategy was a long game, and explained the high level plan, most sane fans wouldn’t grumble

The silence and lack of comms is a joke. (up) Yours, Daniel
I think they lost the plot. Bad decisions these past 4 years (and even before that). Early signs that lessons have been learnt, but we'll see.

I think they lost the plot. Bad decisions these past 4 years (and even before that). Early signs that lessons have been learnt, but we'll see.
The recruitment improved 18 months ago but when back four years prior (so five to six years ago). They also massively fucked up 2017’ish and should have really gone for it and secured investment for the first team

Anyway, let’s look forward. Just how they go big for the right player, we’ve bought so well recently we can afford to take a gamble and get the number one pick for over market value

As I keep Saying, 'You wouldn't have said the same if there was a Trophy in the cabinet ".
But there isn’t is there, so it’s a completely pointless statement!

Cunte would have had to take the cups seriously for that to happen.

The bloke was a complete arse!

Last edited:
What an absolute peach:

SguqU.gif
3rd man runs are so effective.

Truly, it's a joy to finally see some off the ball movement. It's THE one thing I've been crying out for, for the past 4 years!

Football is much easier playing that way.

Death to subbuteo football!

This Semenyo fella has really caught the eye. He seems to be fucking everywhere for Bournemouth. Tenacious as fuck but can also play some football.
I mentioned him last season.

He'd be a good alternative for RW.

Strong and physical so you can play a diagonal to him to hold up.

He's quick and direct, so if he is isolated 1v1 with the full back he'll take him on the outside. He had a shot which curled just wide with his left foot.

He tracks back to help defensively and isn't afraid of being stuck in.

Saw him last week against Liverpool and he looked comfortable on both feet too.

Type of under the radar signing we should go for, he'll start getting other clubs watching him pretty soon and then Bournemouth will want big money.

He's quick and direct, so if he is isolated 1v1 with the full back he'll take him on the outside. He had a shot which curled just wide with his left foot.

Type of under the radar signing we should go for, he'll start getting other clubs watching him pretty soon and then Bournemouth will want big money.
After Brighton, it’s almost at the point where players from any other prem club are too expensive unless they are unwanted or on a short contract.

B’muff are on that model now, they will charge moon prices for any talent now

To be honest, I noticed more of what he was doing without the ball for the team than what he did with it, but you could see he could play too. I wasn't sure exactly where he was playing, he was covering so much pitch.

I hate it when people record videos in portrait instead of landscape.

Even worse when these dweebs cut landscape clips to fit a portrait view and you end up losing 2/3s of the OG image.

You'd think with one look at YT these clowns would understand how shit works.

Back
Top Bottom