(Airfixx approved) Ludogorets v Tottenham | Europe League Group Stage | Thu 05/11 @ 17:55

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unpopular opinion but I am glad we are in the EL this season rather than the CL. I feel that the CL would mean we would rely too much upon luck and other results going our way. Where in the EL we hopefully should have enough skill to progress.

It is a good place to try out different combinations and tactics and will give us confidence going into the CL next season.
Every cloud......

: ostrich:

Unpopular opinion but I am glad we are in the EL this season rather than the CL. I feel that the CL would mean we would rely too much upon luck and other results going our way. Where in the EL we hopefully should have enough skill to progress.

It is a good place to try out different combinations and tactics and will give us confidence going into the CL next season.
We would absolutely storm the championship

Still glad we are in the prem though

We are lucky we can virtually change the whole team for these games. Look at pool and city in CL they have to play almost the same 11 in PL and CL and pool have few players out but still rack up 0-5 win away to Atalanta who are a good side and much better than the dross we have play. I’m watching their game and they are dominating possesion their forwards are all busy and pressing the team is sharp all over the pitch and zipping the ball around at pace. Yet they all played against spam. Why is it they can play with tempo and work hard whereas we play slow and make teams like Brighton / Antwerp look like world beaters and struggle to play any kind of decent football?

We are lucky we can virtually change the whole team for these games. Look at pool and city in CL they have to play almost the same 11 in PL and CL and pool have few players out but still rack up 0-5 win away to Atalanta who are a good side and much better than the dross we have play. I’m watching their game and they are dominating possesion their forwards are all busy and pressing the team is sharp all over the pitch and zipping the ball around at pace. Yet they all played against spam. Why is it they can play with tempo and work hard whereas we play slow and make teams like Brighton / Antwerp look like world beaters and struggle to play any kind of decent football?
You are right although I did not watch last night's matches. If we were in CL we would be putting out stronger teams which led to injuries later in the season and sometimes poor results in PL the following match. Even in Poch's time whenever we played a much changed team it was painful to watch and Kane etc had to come on from the bench to rescue us in the 2nd half against lower league sides in the domestic cups. Could not score against Colchester last season. I put it down to poor squad players or Poch sending out wrong message about importance of cup matches but we have strengthened our squad and yet it is still happening. Why? I can only think that because squad players do not get enough match practice that playing too many together will cause players to pace themselves.
I believe Poch will mix the team up more tommorrow but the team put out last week should have done better.

Kane and Son beg to differ....

Back to working from home as of tomorrow... no rush to get back in time :freundgoal:

Sitting in me pants, drinking from early! pissed by kick off :sandroscream:

You answered your question in the first sentence.

Because we keep changing the 11 means the players have little understanding with each other. There are no patterns of play, only stand and watch the man on the ball.

This is why we need to mix the players that have been playing in PL games.

Screen-Shot-2020-11-04-at-12-43-27.png

Nice to see the lads getting to know each other 😂

Back
Top Bottom