Alejo Veliz

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully he will be available once he finishes his own pre season to give us another option.

Physically he looks able, afterall playing in Argentinian league might not been the highest standard but is definitely high pressure and mens football

So this guy isn't playing with the U21s and isn't with the first team.

Has there been any pics of him in training?

Does he even exist?
I think he's still on holiday as his season finished early August. So would imagine he will have a few weeks off, then his own pre season. He's probably due back to training soon

If we don't sign a striker it'll be fun watching this lad get some gametime. I'm sure Ange will give him a chance if he shows enough in training.

If we don't sign a striker it'll be fun watching this lad get some gametime. I'm sure Ange will give him a chance if he shows enough in training.
Think it’s super important he outplays Scarlett in training, to get the bench spot.

Both same age, merit to Scarlett should see him given the spot unless clearly outplayed, the youth team will be watching those dynamics closely, let’s not lose Donley or Moore because they see us favour signings over home grown talent.

Personally would love Scarlett to “see him off” so Veliz gets a loan January, as it would signal Scarlett starting to show he’s ready to fulfill that wonder kid promise.

Think it’s super important he outplays Scarlett in training, to get the bench spot.

Both same age, merit to Scarlett should see him given the spot unless clearly outplayed, the youth team will be watching those dynamics closely, let’s not lose Donley or Moore because they see us favour signings over home grown talent.

Personally would love Scarlett to “see him off” so Veliz gets a loan January, as it would signal Scarlett starting to show he’s ready to fulfill that wonder kid promise.
Scarlett flopped on loan to League 1 last season, there's no reason he should be given a bench spot in a top club by merit.

It never ceases to amaze me that this isn't the norm at all football clubs, just common sense IMO. Surely that's got to be the best way to get the most out of your academy?
arngspurs arngspurs , if you're going to disagree, would you please say why, thanks.

However, I need to think again about that statement, as if the youth teams had followed that premise last season, they wouldn't have won anything!!

Excited about this signing. If it had been a drawn out saga like with Leandro there would probably be more expectation.

Thankfully he's kind of come in under the radar and the pressure is off.

Back
Top Bottom