Alfie Devine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting.
I imagine you're doing this as you said it:
giphy.webp

As long as I get to sing: "Alfie Devine is all mine all mine, Alfie Devine is all mine, C'mon!" at some point this season, it'll have been worth the recall!

Devine and Phillips there now.

Looks like we’ve found a club and coach we want to work with for our youngsters.

Smart for Plymouth, they could end up with Lankshear, Moore, Olusesi and the crew soon
This all feels like a deliberate strategy...
Words that haven't been used to associate our Loan system for a while...
The whole point of loaning players is that it has to benefit both the player AND the club...

With pretty much an entire XI out on loan right now, SOME of them have to come back better players, and benefit us in the long run...

Players like Devine & Phillips fit that category...
Reggie and N'Dombelly, not so much!

Linking up with his former E u20 coach who will know him well - Phillips who is probably 2 E years below Devine wasn't well coached by the guy but was on one of his E squad 'reserve list' of players despite being 2 years younger than his squad.

Devine should get plenty of playing time there, and if so, as others have commented, Plymouth could have a string of our best youngsters over a few years so its a smart move by that club.

Yeah pushing him up into a higher division perhaps. One thing though we have to be careful of is that our loans this season have been generally shite and he seems to have had a good one in comparison. We dont want to be sending him on somewhere that is no good.
The only bad loan was Scarlett. Spence got terminated, but that was because of his attitude, and there's not much the club can do about that.

Back
Top Bottom