Amazingly yes, it can be worse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No. Keep on keeping on,

You mean keep on selling our best talent, while buying 3 average players to replace them? Our squad is a shadow of what it once was. I understand we need to be thrifty for the stadium, but saying 'Keep on keeping on' makes me feel pretty glum, rather than optimistic. Can't remember the race for top 4 being over so early for quite a while.

Hope we have a good transfer window, we really need one. Can't have a squad of 25 players and only have 2-3 of them capable of scoring goals.

You mean keep on selling our best talent, while buying 3 average players to replace them? Our squad is a shadow of what it once was. I understand we need to be thrifty for the stadium, but saying 'Keep on keeping on' makes me feel pretty glum, rather than optimistic. Can't remember the race for top 4 being over so early for quite a while.
Now now, don't put words in my mouth.
I mean letting Poch carry on with his plans for the side (youth promotion, sales, purchases, etc). I'd say the overhauling of our player scouting/recruitment is a good sign that we don't want to carry on with that policy, but we'll know come September 1st, I suppose.

Hoping we aren't forced to sell our top players this summer, but that's my optimism shining through.

The top four race would be completely different without United waking up (with what appears to be accidental team selections from LVG) and Woolwich going on an incredible (and when you see those results on a game-to-game basis, often dubious) run of form to get 30 out of 33 points.
I don't know what we could do in the face of those two factors - though that doesn't excuse how shit we've managed to be in some recent games.

[QUOTE="Thin Lilywhite Duke, post: 763277, member: 4831

The top four race would be completely different without United waking up (with what appears to be accidental team selections from LVG) and Woolwich going on an incredible (and when you see those results on a game-to-game basis, often dubious) run of form to get 30 out of 33 points.
I don't know what we could do in the face of those two factors - though that doesn't excuse how shit we've managed to be in some recent games.[/QUOTE]

The difference is both teams put their money were their mouth is .
Under our overlords we will sadly be in their shadows .
There is no magic wand .

Hope we have a good transfer window, we really need one. Can't have a squad of 25 players and only have 2-3 of them capable of scoring goals.

Wasn't the word from Levy at the start of the season that all of the players we'd bought the previous summer had underachieved and that the new regime would get the best out of them. Well that's been proved completely and utterly wrong.
Our youth has got us out of the shit.

Wasn't the word from Levy at the start of the season that all of the players we'd bought the previous summer had underachieved and that the new regime would get the best out of them. Well that's been proved completely and utterly wrong.
Our youth has got us out of the shit.
You have to think some decisions are made. It would be amazing if Kaboul and Capoue are with us next season. If they can shift Adebayor they will.

Adebayor
Kaboul
King Paulinho
Chiriches
Capoue
Soldado

Another summer of major surgery and a season of transition.
Chiriches still seems to be in his plans, he covers 2 positions. If Yedlin is considered ready, and they have the new German guy arriving, then maybe he would go.
Paulinho and Soldado, who knows? Poch picks Paulinho ahead of others, so he sees something there. I wonder if Levy would sanction a massive loss on Soldado and paying Adebayor to go away at the same time. I think Soldado will stay, but end up as 3rd striker.
I wonder if Azza will ever come back, or Holtby.

Chiriches still seems to be in his plans, he covers 2 positions. If Yedlin is considered ready, and they have the new German guy arriving, then maybe he would go.
Paulinho and Soldado, who knows? Poch picks Paulinho ahead of others, so he sees something there. I wonder if Levy would sanction a massive loss on Soldado and paying Adebayor to go away at the same time. I think Soldado will stay, but end up as 3rd striker.
I wonder if Azza will ever come back, or Holtby.

If the rumours are right we spent £13m on Soldado with add ons. We need him off the wage bill.
We've given him two seasons and he's not going to get any better.
I think he's having to play these players as there's no choice but to now.

I wonder if Sherwood will enter our dressing room before the match for a friendly chat with the lads? They know who they are.:sherwoodlol:

We'll win. And win well. That would be the Spursy thing to do. Villa need it more than we do. We played shit today. So we'll turn on the style for no reason whatsoever out of nowhere and then we'll all wonder where that was when West Brom beat us 1-0 at home 6 months ago.

I expect Lamela and Andros to start with the latter getting a brace and an assist for Harry's opener. 3-0. It's a lovely Saturday 3pm kick off with the grand national in the second half to ensure I miss our third goal. But I'll have backed a 66/1 winner.

Night night.

:adegrin2:

The good news is Tim doesn't know how to set up a team to defend, hopefully we can exploit the open game this will likely be.

:sherwoodlol:

Because we're so shit I'm going caving with my cousin. I don't expect anything out of this - as I said, we're shit. Poch will get owned by Sherwood, and it will lead to terrible things. I'm going underground.

Lloris
Chiriches Dier Vertonghen Rose
Bentaleb Mason
Lamela Dembele Eriksen
Kane

Vorm Fazio Davies Stambouli Townsend Chadli Soldado​

Lloris​
Vlad-Dier-Vertonghen-Davies
Stambouli-Bentaleb or Mason
Lamela-Eriksen-Townsend
Kane​
In goal Hugo depending on if he is back, if not Vorm isn't a terrible keeper, distribution is far better than Hugos. Not sure if walker will be back, Vlad did ok there. Davies deserves a game, if he has a stinker rose should come on. Fazio needs to be on the bench if available, Villa have a pacey, powerful team, so the defence needs tightening up with Stambouli sitting I front of back four, Mason or Bentaleb depends on training beforehand and our approach to the game. Chadli has not provided and Townsend has always impressed me on the left as he can cross with his left when he beats his man, also brings pace against Hutton if he plays. Lamela needs to play, we looked a better team when he came on against Burnley, deserves a chance in the XI again with the team not performing. Christian in the middle again and obviously Kane.

Back
Top Bottom