An Historic Day

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1 league cup in 20 years. How come?

• Our owners don't prioritise winning stuff

• They prioritise winning stuff but are making a complete pigs arse of the job

• All our managers have been shite

• We're just the unluckiest club on the planet

Results are only viewable after voting.
No idea.

But they need to buy some players this Summer. For the first time, I think it will give us a very clear indication of where ENIC’s priorities lie.

If they stump up for a couple of cheap, young ‘potential’ players then they’re simply polishing an asset.
I agree, but the club also spent about £135m last summer and another £30m in January. If we spend another £100m, which I think is needed for a DM (£30-40m) RB (£25-30m) and a striker (£20-30m), I think that is very encouraging. There will be some outgoings as well but I don't think it will be much more than £30-40m unless we sell someone like Kane (doubtful) or Dele (possible).

I agree, but the club also spent about £135m last summer and another £30m in January. If we spend another £100m, which I think is needed for a DM (£30-40m) RB (£25-30m) and a striker (£20-30m), I think that is very encouraging. There will be some outgoings as well but I don't think it will be much more than £30-40m unless we sell someone like Kane (doubtful) or Dele (possible).

Very much so.

Not criticising ENIC in that regard. I think it’s a simple reality. If you want to be an elite club, you have to spend like one. I know there are the occasional exceptions, but especially as a PL club, you need to stump up.

Spurs are showing signs of heading in that direction. This Summer will shed more light on the overall plan.

I still have nightmares about when I saw it was Zokora that was put clean through on goal to try to win us the game. Not one person inside Wembley that day actually though he'd score...

Bloody hell, I’d completely forgotten about that Zokoro miss. Pretty much all I recall now is Woody scoring and then going mental and getting hammered around Wembley afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom