An ode to Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bullshit, he joined because he won't have to pay tax on 50% on his earnings there. You don't go somehere to win things if the other players the club signs at the same time as you are Victor Moses and Ashley Young. He's in the Premier Reject Team. He went there because Barcelona and Real Madrid weren't interested and Inter Milan offered him the most money.

I have no problem with players moving on to pastures new. It is their perogative. Disappointing when it is one of the better or well loved players of course, but their choice.

Once they start bad mouthing the club, they can fuck right off as far as i am concerned.

Give him some credit - if money was ever the only thing on his mind he wouldn't have stayed with us on a low wage for so long, thats one thing I don't think can be thrown at Eriksen.

His claim about going to Inter for trophies is bollocks, they haven't won a trophy since 2011. Claiming they have more chance than us of winning a trophy is utter nonsense, especially considering we have been closer to winning trophies than they have in recent years.

Eriksen is just making excuses for his poor behaviour towards the club and fans when he downed tools, trying to blame everyone but himself.

It's clear he wanted his big star studded move to Madrid and Barca and he couldn't get it, so instead of getting his head down and trying to fight to remain at spurs he decided he would take the easy option and get a bigger paycheck and fuck off and then play Mr victim.

He's a twat.

I think you can separate the two Eriksen's we had.

The first 5 and a half years he was brilliant and it is completely fair to eulogise him for it.

Whilst also remembering the player that basically jumped ship for the last 18 months. And criticise him for that.

Either way, he isn't the devil. Wish him luck.

Bullshit, he joined because he won't have to pay tax on 50% on his earnings there. You don't go somehere to win things if the other players the club signs at the same time as you are Victor Moses and Ashley Young. He's in the Premier Reject Team. He went there because Barcelona and Real Madrid weren't interested and Inter Milan offered him the most money.
Give him some credit - if money was ever the only thing on his mind he wouldn't have stayed with us on a low wage for so long, thats one thing I don't think can be thrown at Eriksen.

As I said already, fat pay checks haven't come into his thinking for 7 years at spurs so why are you tarring him with that brush now? He also went for a fee and we actually made a profit on him unlike Ramseys move down the road - I think a lot of fans are being very fickle about this, hes gone and good luck to him.

It seems you have to be ledley king and have been at the club your entire career from 8 years of age to gain fan respect these days.

Because he wanted a move to Madrid/Barca, that's why, he said years ago he had a "plan" in his mind.

That plan clearly fell through, he is out of favour at spurs with fans for his performances towards the end and I don't think he fancied working hard to get back into everyone's good books.

Inter popped up, more money, less effort required, no brainer for him but let's not pretend this move is about ambition or a different challenge.

No, you just have to be respectful, Eriksen was not respectful, look at the difference between how he and Toby behaved for example.

Talking about a move days before the CL, giving half arsed performances because he wanted a move etc.

The only reason he wasn't equally the highest paid player along with Kane is simply because he refused to sign a new contract for two and a half years.

I wonder what kind of reception he will get in the 'keep all the profits' friendly against Inter?
Can't see myself singing songs for him. Nor do I see myself booing him.

Just really fucking hope we win a trophy this season, while Inter don't..

That probably wouldn't answer the questions he was asked by the interviewer.

Footballers are media trained, all he had to do was wish Spurs and his team mates luck, and then talk about how excited he was for the new challenge at Milan, like 99% of footballers do when they change club.

I'm not that bothered by it, but its disrespect to the club and the fans and totally unnecessary.

So we want all players to stick to stock answers? May as well never bother interviewing them then because that's boring as fuck.

I'd prefer people to be real, even if they say things that don't speak highly of the things I love. It's better than being fake.

For months now, people have openly stated they wanted him to fuck off out of their club. Now that he's saying he's happy to have fucked off out of their club, people don't like it. It's laughable.

Hmm so your question is would I prefer.
1. He sticks to protocol like a pro, and gives the stock answer
2. He cunts the team off, belittles Spurs and our future chance of winning trophiesand gives fans of other clubs ammo to use against us.

Difficult decision but I think I'll take 1......

Masochism isn't my thing

Back
Top Bottom