An ode to Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The last year has left a bad taste unfortunately. I remember a great player, but also one who could disappear. Was he really our heartbeat? At his best, yes, but there were spells of nothingness. I won't remember him as fondly as Modric, someone who really made us play, and who gave his all even after not getting the big move he wanted.

I wish him well. Can never be considered a great and though he really tailed off at the end, you can't say he didn't act professionally even at the end of his career when he wasn't pulling the strings for us.

Good luck to him and we move on - excited by what Lo Celso and N'Dombele can do in our midfield.

I think you can separate the two Eriksen's we had.

The first 5 and a half years he was brilliant and it is completely fair to eulogise him for it.

Whilst also remembering the player that basically jumped ship for the last 18 months. And criticise him for that.

Either way, he isn't the devil. Wish him luck.

Bullshit, he joined because he won't have to pay tax on 50% on his earnings there. You don't go somehere to win things if the other players the club signs at the same time as you are Victor Moses and Ashley Young. He's in the Premier Reject Team. He went there because Barcelona and Real Madrid weren't interested and Inter Milan offered him the most money.

Bullshit, he joined because he won't have to pay tax on 50% on his earnings there. You don't go somehere to win things if the other players the club signs at the same time as you are Victor Moses and Ashley Young. He's in the Premier Reject Team. He went there because Barcelona and Real Madrid weren't interested and Inter Milan offered him the most money.
Give him some credit - if money was ever the only thing on his mind he wouldn't have stayed with us on a low wage for so long, thats one thing I don't think can be thrown at Eriksen.

Give him some credit - if money was ever the only thing on his mind he wouldn't have stayed with us on a low wage for so long, thats one thing I don't think can be thrown at Eriksen.

His claim about going to Inter for trophies is bollocks, they haven't won a trophy since 2011. Claiming they have more chance than us of winning a trophy is utter nonsense, especially considering we have been closer to winning trophies than they have in recent years.

Eriksen is just making excuses for his poor behaviour towards the club and fans when he downed tools, trying to blame everyone but himself.

It's clear he wanted his big star studded move to Madrid and Barca and he couldn't get it, so instead of getting his head down and trying to fight to remain at spurs he decided he would take the easy option and get a bigger paycheck and fuck off and then play Mr victim.

He's a twat.

His claim about going to Inter for trophies is bollocks, they haven't won a trophy since 2011. Claiming they have more chance than us of winning a trophy is utter nonsense, especially considering we have been closer to winning trophies than they have in recent years.
They've massively improved under Conte to be fair, wouldn't suprise me if they win the Europa League this season and possibly the Copa Italia (already in the semi-finals). Only 3 points behind Juve after 22 matches in the league (only 1 loss), although it seems unlikely that they will finish above Juve.

Last edited:
They've massively improved under Conte to be fair, wouldn't suprise me if they win the Europa League this season and possibly the Copa Italia (already in the semi-finals).
exactly-in a two horse race with Juve too. As much as I haven't enjoyed his last year and thought he shouldn't have been playing he was a good servant for nearly 7 years and was brilliant for long periods of it. If he wanted a diff challenge in a diff country I wish him well, personally think Italy is a great move for him.

They've massively improved under Conte to be fair, wouldn't suprise me if they win the Europa League this season and possibly the Copa Italia (already in the semi-finals). Only 3 points behind Juve in the league, although it seems unlikely that they will finish above Juve.

My point is, anybody who believes that was the motivation behind his move are delusional.

He went there because Barca and Madrid didn't want him and he's going to pick up a bigger paycheck with half the effort required to make it at spurs as a consistent first team player.

My point is, anybody who believes that was the motivation behind his move are delusional.

He went there because Barca and Madrid didn't want him and he's going to pick up a bigger paycheck with half the effort required to make it at spurs as a consistent first team player.
As I said already, fat pay checks haven't come into his thinking for 7 years at spurs so why are you tarring him with that brush now? He also went for a fee and we actually made a profit on him unlike Ramseys move down the road - I think a lot of fans are being very fickle about this, hes gone and good luck to him.

It seems you have to be ledley king and have been at the club your entire career from 8 years of age to gain fan respect these days.

Eriksen has such a weird hold over some of our fans. Rose was much maligned for less despite being a longer servant at the club and if other players had put in the effort level, previous performances aside, that Eriksen did over the past 12-18 months they would've been hounded out whereas every Eriksen comment seems to refer to the times before he stopped trying.

I can only imagine it's because a lot of you have only been following Spurs for a few years and think football is all about who puts the ball in the net. You only have to look at which players win the MoM awards on FB to see this. Hint, Bergwijn vs City :roflmao:

As I said already, fat pay checks haven't come into his thinking for 7 years at spurs so why are you tarring him with that brush now? He also went for a fee and we actually made a profit on him unlike Ramseys move down the road - I think a lot of fans are being very fickle about this, hes gone and good luck to him.

It seems you have to be ledley king and have been at the club your entire career from 8 years of age to gain fan respect these days.

Because he wanted a move to Madrid/Barca, that's why, he said years ago he had a "plan" in his mind.

That plan clearly fell through, he is out of favour at spurs with fans for his performances towards the end and I don't think he fancied working hard to get back into everyone's good books.

Inter popped up, more money, less effort required, no brainer for him but let's not pretend this move is about ambition or a different challenge.

No, you just have to be respectful, Eriksen was not respectful, look at the difference between how he and Toby behaved for example.

Talking about a move days before the CL, giving half arsed performances because he wanted a move etc.

Back
Top Bottom