Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
Personally I am gutted that andros has gone. I can why he would want to leave, but it all ways a shame when one of our own does not make it. Let's hope he has a great rest of the season for Newcastle and smashes it for England. COYS

eng_it_730a.jpg

I'm feeling highly and unexpectedly emotional about Townsend leaving. He wasn't amazing but he was good and good enough for us - just a wide player stuck in a system which doesn't need wide players.
It was all worth it just for the moment against Italy when Townsend scored and the first there to congratulate him were his fellow spurs teammates including Kane and Mason, there alongside him in the youth teams for years. He was part of what will hopefully be remembered as a golden era of youth players coming through the Spurs ranks.

And there were moments like this.

Great Player. He was Spurs from the toes up. His Twitter picture of him leaving the ground said it all. I cried for him:dierpochhug:. He was totally gutted to leave us after spending 16yrs loyal yrs. Even Poch stepped in and helped him move on. Got Levy to drop the price. Not to get rid of him but purely not to hinder his career out of respect. Sent to train with the under 21's and got on with it. Hence Poch stepping in and helping him move on.
West Brom Directors and Pullis could take a leaf out of Poch's book and not screw up a players career just to make a point about who is most egotistical.
I'll miss his guts and hardness of tackling on the field. One of our best players to come out of the youth squad in decades. Don't bother arguing this point if you haven't been following them for decades! You're talking from the perspective of not witnessing for yourselves. So your opinionated view would be based on nothingness. :walker-scream:

Last edited:
Great Player. He was Spurs from the toes up. His Twitter picture of him leaving the ground said it all. I cried for him. He was totally gutted to leave us after spending 16yrs loyal yrs.
I'll miss his guts and hardness of tackling on the field. One of our best players to come out of the youth squad in decades. Don't bother arguing this point if you haven't been following them for decades! You're talking from the perspective of not witnessing for yourselves. So your opinionated view would be based on nothingness. :walker-scream:
Is that why you finished with a Walker pic rather than an Andros one??
:townhmm:
Just a casual observation....

THINK for yourself! :walker-scream:
Erm.... you couldn't tell which was which?

Only joking... I'm sad to see him go. But then again, people were sad to see Stefano Freud go (myself included) until we took a long hard think about the direction of the club, and what message getting rid of certain players said for our ambition.

Townsend was a loyal Spurs player... but not one of the best, and if we're all honest with ourselves, we all know he's going onto a different kind of club, with very different aspirations.

I actually think he'll thrive there, and may well help them get out of the hole they're in...

He's a very good player... But he's not a Top 4 Club player. He simply isn't.

Shame he had to move on. Especially after that breakthrough spell with us and England during 2013. But hardly scored or assisted any goals, not good enough for an attacker.
Wish him good luck up North.

Its probably due to drinking beers with Furball man Furball man more than anything else but that picture Townsend posted made me a bit soppy
This won't help.

Seriously though, gutted he didn't make it but it's worked out in everyones interest and I hope he kills it for them. Things are looking truly amazing with us though at the moment and our squad is carrying almost no dead weight anymore, really exciting times ahead!

Goodluck to him, I'm sure he'll always we welcome at The Lane.

This song isn't applicable really to the situation but like with all goodbyes, we need a Disney clip and a quote

"I guess goodbyes the only perfect things left for us"
Andros Townsend 2000 - 2016

I won't miss him from the squad as he was one of the most frustrating players for me most of the time, but I appreciate everything he did for the club and hope he fares better at Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom