Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
His shot per game is down from 4.4 last season to 2.4 this season.

Obviouly stats like these depends on so many different variables and I don't really care for them much, but it does goes to show that he's stopped the Bale stuff.

Completely disagree I would play townsend before lamella all day long. Lamella has no football nous. Some lovely skills but no brian

People accuse Andros of that. I think both perceptions are wrong. If anything they overthink and that results in lost possession, misplaced passes or silly shots.

These chaps live and breath football day in day out. They may well be thick in real life, though I don't think Andros is, but thick in football? Nah.

I'm still quite sure that it was meant for Eriksen but that doesn't matter. He really brought the speed back to our game and he was vital for our game after he came on.

Macch concerning his technical ability, I think he has a great technique and ability on the ball but he hasn't the football brain to always use it beneficial.

Nevertheless I think he's a great character (remember Rose's goal against Burnley after Soldados cross when Andros directly went to Bobby to hug him and encourage him despite missing a 100% chance to score) with enough ability to play a role for us.
I remember Ole' Timmy Sherwood stating that he and Kane were the strongest characters in the team. Despite my antipathy against him I tend to believe him in this point.

Let's just give the lad some well deserved credit. He wants to be part of what the manager is building & is seemingly working his bollocks off to remain part of it. He is one of us- Spurs to the core. There are a lot of other players I would show the door to before Andros.
Is he top class? I dunno. But Roy Hodgson picked him for England.
#saveandros

Last edited:
C1x4F0q.png

"Don't sell me...I'm one of us..you.."

Back
Top Bottom