Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
images

There are some complete nonces that post on here, with all kinds of shit ideas about the players, club, management.
"Support" is just that, and some people need to understand where they fit in the cosmic pecking order - too many posters seem to think that they have to outdo the TV pundits in showing off their in-depth "understanding" of the games, playing skills, management, tactical subtleties, transfer market etc etc

Most of the people that gob off about this shit are generally the biggest idiots on here, and my guess is that you probably replied to one of them (I know the quality of the people that I have on ignore)

Yep - Townsend isn't Pele, but he's an honest grafter who tries his best and is a good back up who will keep the oppositions defenders on their toes because of his speed. He's a bit like Ronnie Rosenthal - he'll either play a blinder or make you wish you had gone blind.

I have no idea what players you like, what you think of Poch etc. I would much rather someone be honest about players than have a self righteous fence sitter who does nothing..NOTHING but piss and moan about posters.

He will either play a blinder or will make you wish you were blind? That would mean he plays well every other game.

So you don't actually watch Spurs. You just come here to vent.

The perfect comparison is probably Mason - a player who many said wasn't good enough (myself included) but has applied himself to the extent we have missed him whilst injured, does anyone feel we missed Townsend when he was injured?

I like him, or rather I want to like him but the evidence is mounting up against the lad.

I have no idea what players you like, what you think of Poch etc. I would much rather someone be honest about players than have a self righteous fence sitter who does nothing..NOTHING but piss and moan about posters.

He will either play a blinder or will make you wish you were blind? That would mean he plays well every other game.

So you don't actually watch Spurs. You just come here to vent.
because I don't talk to fools like you?
haha
you think way too much of yourself - here, let me spell it out for you in simple terms.
I think you are a tit - because of the opinions that you air, and because of interpretations of what I say - like the one's above. I have no wish to waste my time talking about a sport I love, or the team I have supported for 48 years with someone whose opinions are somewhere between farce and lunacy.
I would rather share my opinions with my dog, than with you.

Let me know if you're not sure about my feelings - I know us fence sitters can be a little vague at times.

There are some complete nonces that post on here, with all kinds of shit ideas about the players, club, management.
"Support" is just that, and some people need to understand where they fit in the cosmic pecking order - too many posters seem to think that they have to outdo the TV pundits in showing off their in-depth "understanding" of the games, playing skills, management, tactical subtleties, transfer market etc etc

Most of the people that gob off about this shit are generally the biggest idiots on here, and my guess is that you probably replied to one of them (I know the quality of the people that I have on ignore)

Yep - Townsend isn't Pele, but he's an honest grafter who tries his best and is a good back up who will keep the oppositions defenders on their toes because of his speed. He's a bit like Ronnie Rosenthal - he'll either play a blinder or make you wish you had gone blind.

Hi mick,

Love the comparison to the rocket. Slightly before my days, but remember watching him as a kid, especially his magic fa cup moment- 1994 or '95 (?) quarters with his blinding hat trick. Let's hope andros can achieve a similar feat for us one day(!).

Support is a funny thing. Got my season ticket at the end of GG's acrimonious tenancy at the club. Walked into the park lane. No waiting lists back then, but have ended up moving over the seasons, for various reasons, including the shelf and Paxton, and have always been surprised at the level of scathing abuse directed at one or two players. Jenas for me, was another example. But I have come to appreciate that people want different things from their support of the club.

However, I think with the youthfulness of this squad, we could develop a great team spirit, and andros, I'd suggest, has a part to play, being a Tottenham boy. Not saying I want the team to be built around the lad, but cups/early Europe with some occasional substitute appearances using his direct style of play sounds alright by me.

Last edited:
Hi mick,

Love the comparison to the rocket. Slightly before my days, but remember watching him as a kid, especially his magic fa cup moment- 1994 or '95 (?) quarters with his blinding hat trick. Let's hope andros can achieve a similar feat for us one day(!).

Support is a funny thing. Got my season ticket at the end of GG's acrimonious tenancy at the club. Walked into the park lane. No waiting lists back then, but have ended up moving over the seasons, for various reasons, including the shelf and Paxton, and have always been surprised at the level of scathing abuse directed at one or two players. Jenas for me, was another example. But I have come to appreciate that people want different things from their support of the club.

However, I think with the youthfulness of this squad, we could develop a great team spirit, and andros, I'd suggest, has a part to play, being a Tottenham boy. Not saying I want the team to be built around the lad, but cups/early Europe with some occasional substitute appearances using his direct style of play sounds alright by me.
it seems that the only thing to do with wide men is to play them on the "wrong" wing so they can cut in for a shot at goal. Lennons shot was poor and his crossing wasn't all that brilliant - so he had to go, and I suspect AT will go for similar reasons. I think his best shot at redemption will be to play wide left delivering searching crosses - but if Poch doesn't want that kind of build up then I fear the worst for him.

Personally I find myself on the Townsend has to go side. Unlike others though, I think it's a shame.

To me he's another Paulinho and Soldado; a player with great potential and a skillset that could see him be a very good player for us, but a player who won't be able to show it in Spurs. His confidence while wearing our beautiful shirt seems to be fucked, making him try to hard and affecting his decision making.

We should've sold him or loaned him out after his injury a couple of years ago, when he started showing the signs that his head wasn't right. Partly because his appearances since then has mostly been quite dreadful, but mostly because it would benefit him and his career.

I'm certain he would look amazing for a lesser PL side where he could've been the star player.

In my opinion I don't think it's a confidence thing, i think it's his decision making that's fucked and i can't see that improving a great deal in the short term.

So unless Andros becomes a much better player technically and can start to do it all by himself on a regular basis then i don't think we will ever see any more from him than being an impact player who can pull something out the bag in 2 out of 10 attempts.

England call up though eh!! Him and Walker...
With them, Mason, Dier (one day) as well as Kane starting to establish himself, we really are becoming England's 'B' team!

I've been a reader of this sight, a lurker, or whatever forum goers call it, for a while, and this is the first time I've actually felt a need to say something...

Jesus fucking Christ people, this lad is Tottenham through and through. To give such intense and extreme criticism, is just plain wrong.

Stop scape goating this guy. Yes, he's not perfect, he's not Ronaldo, I know that, you know that, the fucking manager knows that.

Some talk about lamela as the second coming now, after 2/3, admittedly, very good games...but Townsend is not the antichrist...to suggest we have missed out on CL football because of him, I just don't know where to begin.

If that comment is supported in any way, then burn in hell.

There's far too many posters on here, that don't even know the meaning of Tottenham. Potentially, couldn't even find it on a map.

There's even a poster on here, who's first team isn't even Tottenham, yet his 'scouting' of players, his opinion of Tottenham is seen as gospel...

I'll stop anymore biblical analogies...but fuck...who do you people think you are sometimes?!

some posters, I'd suggest, talk about our great, worldly youth, who haven't even played a full match for us, but give this guy so much stick.

This is fucking Tottenham, this is my team, some talk so much shit, no wonder we're seen as an embarrassment to other fans.

I'm ashamed at the above post...phoney fan...end of.

FWIW, Season ticket holder for last 10+ years.
He's still shit. Being Tottenham through and through only gets you so far.

Sure. This happens when I don't rate a player. But when I rate players like Kane and others like Wikipedia Brown and Joe Clash claim he's too slow etc (before he scores 30+ goals in one season), or I back Jan and Dembele and get laughed at for that...It's different right? I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

It's particularly funny since Joe clash and Beale etc are making fun of Davies. I get shit for backing players like Bentaleb and Mason..Then when they play well, it's all forgotten since the knee jerk on here can be almost instant.

There is actually a link. The link is I get shit if I don't back ENTERTAINING players. Dembele, Davies, Bentlaeb etc do a lot of work that goes under the radar because they are not dazzling dribblaz like Lennon and Townsend as they were used in DM positions.

This is just more backlash. People can't handle the truth so when it's painfully obvious that they are wrong, people just still claim I'm not a proper fan because it's easier to remain in denial than just pretend I was right about Townsend, Soldado, Lennon etc making us soft and predictable.

Claiming Townsend is Spurs through and through? SPURS WERE OPEN. SPURS COULD HAVE BEEN ONE ON ONE WITH THE KEEPER. And Townsend goes for goal. Selfish.
change the fucking record you dick.

Back
Top Bottom