Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
Those in the Park Lane and Paxton Uppers can this morning remove the fear of being hit by an Andross pelter for the final 20 minutes of every game ( assuming he would come on after 70 mins of course )

I read that it's over 2 years since he played a full 90 minutes. That is incredible. No loss. Bye Bye

Sad to see a Spurs fan go but there is no point him rotting in the reserves. Good luck for the future (except when playing against Spurs of course) and no hard feelings about anything.

Sky Sports say they spoke to Townsend and he has this to say...

"As soon as I knew of Newcastle's interest they were the only club I wanted to join.

"Two of the biggest positions you can play in football are Centre Forward or Left Winger. I've got the chance to play one of those - I could never turn that down. I can't wait to play my first game at St James' Park, I'm excited!"

Interesting quotes...:gallashmm:

...but Townsend up front? :avbcringe:

Sky Sports say they spoke to Townsend and he has this to say...

"As soon as I knew of Newcastle's interest they were the only club I wanted to join.

"Two of the biggest positions you can play in football are Centre Forward or Left Winger. I've got the chance to play one of those - I could never turn that down. I can't wait to play my first game at St James' Park, I'm excited!"

Interesting quotes...:gallashmm:

...but Townsend up front? :avbcringe:
I love that, it's obviously a parting shot at us, because we never played him left wing, and we're short up front.

No wonder there's a proper togetherness in a squad full of homegrown players...
Kane, Mason, Lil'Tommy Carroll, Pritchard all in and around the 1st team Squad now.
Poch is certainly keeping the cream of the crop together, and long may it go on!

It's just a shame Andros never fully realised what the bigger picture was...

He is a Yid and has been part of this club longer than some on here have been supporters. He has been given opportunity to play which he deserves. Unfortunately for him he couldn't get his place in the Spurs team that he loves.

Yet another academy product that we have sold for big money, well done Spurs.

I wish him well and hope that he plays and excels up there. I'd love to see Woy stick with him and select him for the Euro's too. His performances for England have been fantastic and I would be punching the air if he scores during the Euros.

Back
Top Bottom