Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
He's having his medical at Newcastle
SxfrD.png

It is a scandal isn't it. A player who's not played 90 minutes of league football going for £12 million. English hype + Desperation + Levy = quadruple the fee.
He is worth every penny! 16 yrs of pure loyalty and willingness to run his socks off! :townhmm:
I'm amazed that Everton didn't come in and have him link up with Lennon.
His career is over playing for Newcastle he wont fulfill his capabilities there.
He should have been braver and got his agents to look abroad for a league to move too. He'd have more chance remaining in the England squad lighting up a foreign league than scrapping the barrel at Newcastle trying to avoid relegation.
We show no respect to our long serving Legends. Levy can be a right olde banker!:levywhoa:

eng_it_730a.jpg

I'm feeling highly and unexpectedly emotional about Townsend leaving. He wasn't amazing but he was good and good enough for us - just a wide player stuck in a system which doesn't need wide players.
It was all worth it just for the moment against Italy when Townsend scored and the first there to congratulate him were his fellow spurs teammates including Kane and Mason, there alongside him in the youth teams for years. He was part of what will hopefully be remembered as a golden era of youth players coming through the Spurs ranks.

And there were moments like this.

Didn't think he was ever good enough to be honest. His lack of willing to implement change in his game just meant he was never going to succeed.

Do think he's punching above his ability though and do feel he will probably be in the Championship in a few years

He is worth every penny! 16 yrs of pure loyalty and willingness to run his socks off! :townhmm:
I'm amazed that Everton didn't come in and have him link up with Lennon.
His career is over playing for Newcastle he wont fulfill his capabilities there.
He should have been braver and got his agents to look abroad for a league to move too. He'd have more chance remaining in the England squad lighting up a foreign league than scrapping the barrel at Newcastle trying to avoid relegation.
We show no respect to our long serving Legends. Levy can be a right olde banker!:levywhoa:

Townsend a Spurs legend? :llorishuh:

Townsend a Spurs legend? :llorishuh:

Not a legend, but a loyal servant for many years who clearly loved Spurs. Is is why any talk of player loyalty is nonsense. Why should any player be loyal to a club when they know that as soon as they are deemed surplus to requirements they'll be shipped out? All those Liverpool fans complaining about lack of loyalty from Suarez never complained about the club. Ditching Shelvey, who probably WANTED to stay.

Not a legend, but a loyal servant for many years who clearly loved Spurs. Is is why any talk of player loyalty is nonsense. Why should any player be loyal to a club when they know that as soon as they are deemed surplus to requirements they'll be shipped out? All those Liverpool fans complaining about lack of loyalty from Suarez never complained about the club. Ditching Shelvey, who probably WANTED to stay.

I would imagine Townsend was keen to move, boyhood fan or not, in order to try to get into the England squad for the Euro's.

I would imagine Townsend was keen to move, boyhood fan or not, in order to try to get into the England squad for the Euro's.

Most likely, yes, but I'm sure his preference would havebeen to actually be playing in Spurs first team. Not a big point, but when you see a player sad to leave a club they've been at since a child, it just reinforces how daft it is when fans say players should be 'loyal' to clubs when they get a big offer from somewhere else. Clubs are rarely 'loyal' to players if it's good business to ove them on.

Anyway, Newcastle are a big club with a lot of potential upside from where they are now. I wish him well, just not against us in the last game of the season

I would also challenge his detractors to (seriously) name six better players to come through the youth ranks at Spurs in the last 25 years.

Both a little sad and pleased at the same time.... He's always been a yid and like most of us doesn't know anything else which must make this hard.

As for people saying it's good business/Newcastle been mugged that's bollox - he's a decent enough player who can get past his man, just look at what other players are being sold/bought for right now (and January adds 15%) good luck Andros, never good enough for our system but a decent player who I hope finds his place

Back
Top Bottom