Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's actually been a feature of his other teams: His Australia in 2014 had enough really great chances to beat Netherlands at the World Cup. Celtic should have beaten Real Madrid at home, they should have beaten Leipzig, they should have beaten Betis, twice, they created enough golden chances to do it. His teams lacked the individual quality to put them away.

The system opens teams up, any team, but it also leaves it open too.

The chances-especially the early ones- have to be taken otherwise todays result is what happens.
But are we creating all these chances you talk of? In most games we hardly trouble the keeper bar a 10 min spell. Most of the time we just plod along without having a shot.

Alonso will be available in a year’s time if Ange doesn’t work out, just quietly

His and Postecoglou's career wins 53% and 54%are almost identical.

Before Leverkusen Alonso was at Real Sociedad B ie the *reserves* team where he finished with a 41% win rate.

Is managing in the Spanish Reserve League, a bigger challenge than winning the J -League with a mid-table team?

Is it better preparation than winning 5 out of 6 trophies in Scotland when the previous season before Postecoglou went, Celtic finished 25 points and -30 Goals behind Rangers. He had a 29 point turn around +21 GD in his first season. Celtic finishing second is finishing last, the pressure to keep winning is relentless too.

Alonso was a massive risk Leverkuson took.

Before Leverkusen Alonso was at Real Sociedad B ie the *reserves* team where he finished with a 41% win rate.

Is managing in the Spanish Reserve League, a bigger challenge than winning the J -League with a mid-table team?

Is it better preparation than winning 5 out of 6 trophies in Scotland when the previous season before Postecoglou went, Celtic finished 25 points and -30 Goals behind Rangers. He had a 29 point turn around +21 GD in his first season. Celtic finishing second is finishing last, the pressure to keep winning is relentless too.

Yeah look, I don't agree with all the talk on here that a manager in another league isn't comparable to a premier league manager. Look at all the PL managers who end up in the championship, or overseas, or managing countries, who end up being rubbish. Managers have their peaks in their careers too. Some are better managing an underdog club than a top six club (Graham Potter), while others are class wherever they go (Guus Hiddinck). Hopefully Ange falls into the latter category.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

The mental gymnastics replying to this are going to be Olympic level.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

The mental gymnastics replying to this are going to be Olympic level.

With hundreds of thousands of amazing beaches, restaurants, art galleries, parks and mountains not to mention the billions of members of the opposite sex I’d argue there are absolutely no winners in this insane argument you are all having.

With hundreds of thousands of amazing beaches, restaurants, art galleries, parks and mountains not to mention the billions of members of the opposite sex I’d argue there are absolutely no winners in this insane argument you are all having.
Its OK Confusius Confusius I got you....

, art galleries, parks and mountains not to mention the billions of members of the same sex I’d argue there are absolutely no winners in this insane argument you are all having

:ledleylick:

Do you think that Pep with our current roster would have done better?
Or that Ange with De Bruyne, Haaland and the likes would still be fighting for 4th?

We buy players from relegated teams while others buy from champions.

Uh but nobody is saying that. Obviously there are great coaches outside of Europe. But the resources here, the coaching available, the volume of managers means that the average level of coaching is higher.

The only claim is this: being a winner in the A League does not mean you’re a winner in the Premier League by default. You have to prove you can do it at a higher pressure level amongst a much higher concentration of top level coaches.

This isn’t controversial. I am genuinely shocked anyone would ever disagree with it. It’s 1+1=2 level of irrefutably true logic. Ange could be Pep level. We don’t know. The only disagreeable bit is that he’s Pep level because of winning in Japan and Australia.
I used to watch a lot of Polish league back in the day which is really shit and low standard. Every now and then some team would break the bank and get a semi recognised Dutch or Portuguese menager to work there. Somehow they usually failed miserably and did worse than polish PE teacher type ex player that just shouts a bit.
I think it shows how important being able to just to get your message across in football menagement is.
I agree with you in principle but think we should not underestimate the fact that Ange achieved to get results in different leagues, there clearly is something special about the guy.

15 days it will be since that last debacle. Important that he he puts out a team that not only looks the best in training but shows up in the day.

Not sure what Postecoglou's messaging has been since Villa but it's not been heard or he is saying the wrong things.

No more talking good preparation. Let's see it..

Back
Top Bottom