Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honest question what does Ange’s side do better today than Pochettino’s shambles of a Chelsea side midweek?

We are so far away it’s genuinely chilling. This side is nowhere near, nowhere near the top teams, the gap is absolutely massive. We can lose to anyone.

Start of the season the consensus was that 5th and an improvement in playing style would be a good first season. That is exactly what we’ve done.

Football fans are fickle.

5th is far from guaranteed at this point, and I think you cannot ignore how badly we've regressed in the business end of the season, even when all our players are back (there's really not much of a playing style now - can't attack, can't defend).

Myself, I don't really care if it's Ange in or Ange out anymore. All gotten a bit numb now and que sera sera for next season.

5th is far from guaranteed at this point, and I think you cannot ignore how badly we've regressed in the business end of the season, even when all our players are back (there's really not much of a playing style now - can't attack, can't defend).

Myself, I don't really care if it's Ange in or Ange out anymore. All gotten a bit numb now and que sera sera for next season.

This is it for me.
People think we're good to watch.
We're not.

I tried to prepare you all for this, to avoid the inevitable gush of stupidity in here, now.

People can do all the "feeling" they want, I suppose.

I've got nothing against people wanting to do the fuck-reality-we're-gonna-do-this! thing for this game.

But I think it's actually unfair, because it's confected expectation; not balanced, in the circumstances (recent form, squad deficiencies, no udogie etc.).

And, as I expect, when we keep handing a technically sound, free-scoring team the ball in midfield and letting them run through our high, thin defences all day whilst fiddling about with the ball and refusing to shoot unless it's a tap-in from 2 yards, at the other end, not to mention dodgy zonal marking at corners, the result will be the obvious one.

The one the odds suggest.

Those that have pumped themselves up are gonna be raging at this and that.

Brushing aside that it was never really on the cards... really.

Again, the only thing I'll be fucked off about is if they don't play like their hair is on fire.

Proper nasty, spiteful, relentless pressing, relentless tempo (+ crowd needs to go mental all game).

I just think this game is horrible timing, when we've got so many things to sort out and form is off.

Just one of those things.

*If we do somehow manage to draw/win, I shall post pics of my very large cock in celebration (balls included).

I definitely feel less invested in the team over the past few years.

I'm done sitting on the fence now.

We're now exactly where I expected us to be. Completely outclassed by coaches who have big game experience.

Get rid.
I'm seeing no signs of progress

The same schoolyard mistakes made time and time again

People have been suckered into a cult

I guess that's what happens after 4 years of Mourinho, Nuno and Conte

Start of the season the consensus was that 5th and an improvement in playing style would be a good first season. That is exactly what we’ve done.

Football fans are fickle.
We’re 5th because of the fast start/new manager bounce of 26 points from 30 in first 10 games.a lot of people thought he’d be gone the same way as Nuno after 10 games. He probably has enough credit in the bank to be at the helm next season.

He’s shown very little in the past 6 months in 30 odd games since the end of October to inspire much confidence though.

*sigh*

I did try.

Fine.

But what I can see happening is people going too far with the gas and if/when we collapse - against a very good, well-oiled, properly functioning team (around the top of the table for a reason), let's just be real - they'll be all AnGe OuT, and it will be nonsense and tiresome.

That's what's gonna happen, mate.

We're a team on our way somewhere, on a bumpy road.

And our vehicle is a bit janky and the wheels a bit wobbly and unstable.

Need better parts and have to give our chief mechanic time to work on it and get it purring.

All I'm saying is don't go over the top on this game.

Pass pass pass pass turnover.

We're no better than under Conte or Jose and unlike them we don't even bother trying to defend.

Funny you mention those 2. The majority of fans on here call them dinosaurs and claim their tactics are outdated.

Yet almost every one of the defeats we've had have been inflicted on us by pretty much their tactics.
Sit deep, defend well, hit very accurate counters and take your chances.

Wolves, west ham, Chelsea, Arse, Newcastle, Fulham, Villa, etc. They have all done it and for the most part, made it look easy.

I hope all the fanbois fuck off now. They've got absolutely nothing left to defend him.

Back
Top Bottom