Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange's comments about Romero are very telling. He wants people to be calm and courageous in the face of our white knuckle football. Also not reacting to intimidation like Vicario sometimes does. That will be a long term project and he still needs new players who can do that. He's put this whole team under a stress test, hence the multiple injuries. We will need a couple of seasons to see if this experiment works.
I don’t see this white knuckle football it’s actually very slow and ponderous. I would say the football kloops Dortmund played and at dippers is more the white knuckle.

? Don’t follow!
Chicken Bro GIF by happydog

I've got no faith in him whatsoever anymore.

He has said he plays one way and one way only. That way of playing was sussed out after 10 games and we've been a shower of shit ever since.

Yes, maybe his system would work better with better forwards but that's still going to mean fuck all if we're conceding goals left, right and centre. Ironically, we've got one of the best back lines we've had in recent years and our defence is the worst it's been.

We are all currently watching a side that is less than the sum of its parts at the moment, and that is the most concerning part. Yes we’ve had injuries who hasn’t. Chelsea are down to their 3rd team basically. They got embarrassed so badly last week I almost felt sorry for them. And yet they look far more cohesive and motivated than us.

This is chillingly bad. The sort of thing that prompts big changes.

Back
Top Bottom