Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They will be here 6-12 months then get sacked and it will be the next guy.
That’s a wild guess. We don’t know how well or bad they’d do. But we’ve seen how “well” Postecoglou did. Oh bbbb but he needs players for his system. Really? And if that’s the case, what makes Postecoglou any more “special” than any other manager out there? At least the managers I named will likely try to adjust their systems to fit the current team, instead of insisting on playing the same shit system and using players who can’t make the system work.

I think he'd be a safe enough bet.
Look I don’t know the whole landscape of coaches and I’m not going to pretend I do- I’m sure other people have very good ideas, and i’m open to hearing them. I’m just very impressed with Silva and what he’s done at Fulham this season. They were in the champo two seasons ago. They smoked us this last time around.

He’s well tested in the prem and ready for a bigger job.

I'm not going to post the same stuff I've been saying over the last three days. In over six years on the forum I don't think I've ever posted so much as I have over the last week , because, to be blunt, I am worried we are potentially making a major mistake trusting Ange with the rebuild job we obviously need.

Incomplete_usernam Incomplete_usernam Sir Archibald Crooks Sir Archibald Crooks John Thomas John Thomas Henry Hotspur Henry Hotspur and other Ange sceptics who want him to succeed but are unconvinced...I fear we will be proven correct on this one!
We still have almost all of the players we bought to try and save Poch's reign. That haven't pushed us on and we can't get rid.

We cannot have that again.

That’s a wild guess. We don’t know how well they’d do. But we’ve seen how well Postecoglou did. Oh bbbb but he needs players for his system. Really? And if that’s the case, what makes Postecoglou any more “special” than any other manager out there? At least the players I named will likely try to adjust their systems to fit the current team, instead of insisting on playing the same shit system and using players who can’t make the system work.

Because we get Amorim then we have to start the cull all over again. Rather than move 10 player move 15 and buy even more. It’s an endless rebuild. Only one manager at Spurs under ENIC has lasted a decent time and when he hit his first massive slump we sacked him as well.

De Zerbi is a system manager. He just inherited a team that fit his style as he was similar to Potter. Brighton actually had Ange as their first choice but he chose to stay at Celtic as he had only just arrived. Brighton have a style of play then get the manager that fits the style, ie they have a plan of recruitment and vision, we don’t or didn’t hence why our team fits no manager.
Maybe so and I accept your comments on the matter. I just know he has them playing very well despite huge player turnover every season. It can’t just be an accident, even if it perhaps isn’t all his doing.

I'm not going to post the same stuff I've been saying over the last three days. In over six years on the forum I don't think I've ever posted so much as I have over the last week , because, to be blunt, I am worried we are potentially making a major mistake trusting Ange with the rebuild job we obviously need.

Incomplete_usernam Incomplete_usernam Sir Archibald Crooks Sir Archibald Crooks John Thomas John Thomas Henry Hotspur Henry Hotspur and other Ange sceptics who want him to succeed but are unconvinced...I fear we will be proven correct on this one!
Agreed, Ange is not our man any more.

Because we get Amorim then we have to start the cull all over again. Rather than move 10 player move 15 and buy even more. It’s an endless rebuild. Only one manager at Spurs under ENIC has lasted a decent time and when he hit his first massive slump we sacked him as well.
Why focus on Amorim though lol. The managers I gave as example play 4-4-2/4-3-3/4-2-3-1 variations, if that’s what we want.

And what’s wrong with Amorim? He’s a different manager to Postecoglou? Afaik he plays attacking football aswell. And his formation kinda fits our players too.

Funny cause the last 3 managers weren't hired to do that.

The last 5/6 years we've messed up massively.

This is why you gotta give Ange time, we've become so used to sacking managers at the first hurdle, we don't want to go through growing pains but the only way to grow as a club is to do exactly that.
No you don't HAVE to give him time - he has to EARN that time. And he's currently pissing it all up the wall.

Look I don’t know the whole landscape of coaches and I’m not going to pretend I do- I’m sure other people have very good ideas, and i’m open to hearing them. I’m just very impressed with Silva and what he’s done at Fulham this season. They were in the champo two seasons ago. They smoked us this last time around.

He’s well tested in the prem and ready for a bigger job.
You do realise Marco Silva hasn't made Fulham a decent side in one season?

You want Ange sacked and yet want to replace him with a manager who's had three seasons at the same club.

How do you think Marco Silva made Fulham into a decent side?

Back
Top Bottom