Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want Ange to turn it round

But, he’s at fault for the team selections the last few games. Richy and Lo Celso should be having more game time, we actually look like a bit of a threat when they do play

I don’t think Richi can start back to back games yet after his injury, and playing Lo Celso is dangerous (to Levy) because if he gets an injury we will not be able to sell him.

A rough patch is 5, 6 maybe 7 games and i think most were fair about that after the Chelsea at home game.

34 pts from 25 games. An average of 1.36 ppg or 51 over a season, or 2 clean sheets in 25 games, or conceding 58 goals after 35 games, or still not really knowing what your best side is isnt a rough patch its something much more systemic. Performances, collectively and individually have got worse throughout the season.
I happen to agree with this which is why I think even if we spend money on rebuilding for Ange it will end in disaster.

I am of the opinion that his system is flawed and the underlying philosophy and tactical foundation is the issue.

I don't think losing 4 games on the trot for the first time in 20 years along with the other statistics you have shared is a fluke or a run of "bad form".

I want Ange to turn it round

But, he’s at fault for the team selections the last few games. Richy and Lo Celso should be having more game time, we actually look like a bit of a threat when they do play
I would love if he did turn it around because I want to avoid another managerial change and I actually want the club to build something behind someone we can trust.

I just have a lot of doubts he can turn it around tbh.

Quite a beautiful bit of irony in the fact that we have had two managers with a strictly rigid and inflexible tactical setup who have key positions with absolutely shite players at their disposal. Conte whose system was entirely dependent on the wing backs to create had Royal and Davies and now Ange whose system is entirely dependent on the wingers being productive in 1v1 scenarios has Johnson and Kulu.

Funny that if we had Udogie and Porro when Conte was about it might have been quite different, and thinking about it now a younger Son and even fucking Lucas Moura might have been a better shout for Ange.

Feels very Tottenham to continually have square pegs in round holes.

I would love if he did turn it around because I want to avoid another managerial change and I actually want the club to build something behind someone we can trust.

Calling for massive amounts of turnover in recruitment and blaming the players is pretty much when I say a managers time is coming to a close at Spurs.

I cannot believe Ange did it, but he did it, and is an absolute idiot for doing so.

It’s almost the same as Conte now, except instead of being defensive and cautious, he’s offensive and rash.

The tactics, the arrogance, the set pieces, the selections, the lack of specific preparation. None of it says to me that he's going to change it around.

He's got to change how he manages, by the sounds of it and I can't see it.

Results aside, I'm just concerned we're not seeing anything resembling improvement or a hint that we're trying to do something which just isn't quite clicking. Ok so if we lost a couple of games but felt that there was something the players were trying that would be one thing. But we've just been utterly smashed up 4 games in a row. We're not creating chances. We're not even trying to create chances.

We've got some potentially game changing players on the bench but they don't come on until we're 3 or 4 nil down. I mean, we're trying to qualify for Europe but the players and manager are going at it like this is still preseason.

If we finish 5th I doubt baldy sacks him and I'll accept that but let's be real we lose all or even just two of our remaining games no manager at any club survives that run of form.

It looks a big ask, team is on it's arse, porous defence, weak attack and flimsy midfield that struggles to create.
Hopefully he can beat Burnley and or Sheffield united.

Results aside, I'm just concerned we're not seeing anything resembling improvement or a hint that we're trying to do something which just isn't quite clicking. Ok so if we lost a couple of games but felt that there was something the players were trying that would be one thing. But we've just been utterly smashed up 4 games in a row. We're not creating chances. We're not even trying to create chances.

We've got some potentially game changing players on the bench but they don't come on until we're 3 or 4 nil down. I mean, we're trying to qualify for Europe but the players and manager are going at it like this is still preseason.

If we finish 5th I doubt baldy sacks him and I'll accept that but let's be real we lose all or even just two of our remaining games no manager at any club survives that run of form.
Levy is a joke, and a cheap bastard at that. I have no doubts he’ll make the wrong decision this summer.

I don’t

He can’t and he’s way out of his depth and should never have been appointed so that’s down to Levy

Fans asking for yet another manager sacked are part of the problem.

Thankfully Levy won't be as hasty as some of you lot.

He sacked Jol and Redknapp when they were still popular, he is normally the first to change his mind or shit his pant's. And I am not saying we should have kept Nuno but soon as the pressure was on he was off.

That being said I agree with the basic point, sacking the manager solves nothing at this point. We just end up in a new manager bounce then will need to sack the next guy in 6 months.

He sacked Jol and Redknapp when they were still popular, he is normally the first to change his mind or shit his pant's. And I am not saying we should have kept Nuno but soon as the pressure was on he was off.

That being said I agree with the basic point, sacking the manager solves nothing at this point. We just end up in a new manager bounce then will need to sack the next guy in 6 months.
It may solve yes, we ain't winning a game anytime soon playing this shit, even Mason could be more creative and maybe earn us some points in the remaining fixtures.

I'm telling you I'm gonna come back to this page in about 8 months, people aren't gonna like it but I may go even on a bumping spree :p
I’d happily give you props if he is still here and a success. Right now I just don’t see it. Spurs can’t afford to rebuild 50% of the squad, this isn’t a small league, players cost 30m+, and it’s not like there is this huge history of backing the manager. Ange had a great opportunity to get CL and failed completely.

Back
Top Bottom