Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

she's average. And the constant giggling gets on my tits.

Very unprofessional as well, she takes cheap digs at our club when she should be impartial.

I remember when she was interviewing James Maddison asking him why he went to Spurs, obviously a joke and a bit of banter but contrast that to how Reshmin Chowdhury (she's a Spurs fan) interviewed Saka, none of that cheap point scoring low level hilarious meme banter, just class and professionalism

People gas her up so much but she's incredibly mid, gets away with a lot because she's got a gang of simps always protecting her.

Very unprofessional as well, she takes cheap digs at our club when she should be impartial.

I remember when she was interviewing James Maddison asking him why he went to Spurs, obviously a joke and a bit of banter but contrast that to how Reshmin Chowdhury (she's a Spurs fan) interviewed Saka, none of that cheap point scoring low level hilarious meme banter, just class and professionalism

People gas her up so much but she's incredibly mid, gets away with a lot because she's got a gang of simps always protecting her.
She's a Woolwich fan isn't she?

Was the same when she presented on Talk sport. Had to turn it off.

Big Ange making his itv debut on Saturday.

Of course he’s been lumbered with 3 gooners. They’re a plague.

Be nice to see what he says about Radu though

I am fully behind Ange going in to 24-25, though one of the concerns I have is precisely how low energy so many of our performances looked. I had hoped "we never stop" would translate into a super-fit relentless side. True, we did score quite a few late goals, so there is some credence there. Buts so many flat, unenergetic showings ...
I think a lot of that was just that so far the system hasn't created mismatches in the final third. Often it looked more like Gran Ball than Angeball. All those short passes to get there and then not much excitement once they arrived. But that should improve with better wing play. I also think the buildup got worse as the season went along, and that often meant arriving in the final third with the other side in good position. So, yes, it looked like a lack of energy but I think it was more a system that isn't working yet. I'll be optimistic and say that will change if the transfer window brings at least one good winger.

FA44-F05-D-2912-4-B5-E-A7-B2-EFBB77-EAE3-C4.webp

We won 4 out of our last 10 games last season.
Needs to be a lot better than that. Closer to the first 10 games last season. I suspect it'll be more like the last. I don't give a flying fuck what he did anywhere else as it's incomparable.
So put a figure on it? What’s acceptable? 5 wins? 2 points a game. Top of the league? What would you consider a reasonable start to the season? Do we say 15 points is the unders and overs line for where you think it’ll be? 4 wins and 3 draws from his first 10 given he and his one dimensional approach has been found out?

I guess I figured you cared about what he’d done elsewhere because you use it to be negative and dismissive when it suits so assumed, incorrectly it seems, it would work both ways.

Great, insightful post.

Ignore the sarcastic 'funny' you received. There's a number of posters on this forum who enjoy baiting others, trolling, and generally shitting on anything to do with the club (you'll see who they are by the reactions to this post)

Appreciate you taking your time to post this.
Appreciate that. Figured I’ve watched Ange work in a similar manner, take heat while he works through some short term pain to regenerate in the pursuit of a bigger picture and achieve results enough times to see what he’s doing at your club too and would share. Not too concerned about the reactions, everyone can have their opinion, that’s football, I know how frustrating actual facts can be for them too. 😁

Have a good one!

Watched your first season with Ange (and the commentary on this forum 😁) with interest last season. He’s a manager I’ve followed throughout his career not just because he’s from Aus, because there’s plenty of terrible managers from here too, but because his philosophy on football, mentality and the guy himself I’ve always enjoyed watching.

Im in Brisbane where he took the Brisbane Roar to all kinds of heights and for what it’s worth I’ll say this

I wasn’t surprised by the injuries and mid to late season blips you guys experienced as the style of football he plays is high energy and it takes many players time to adapt and some just don’t cope with it longer term where others do. Once they come through this initial period and are more conditioned to it the volume of injuries reduces from the initial time. I know they’re footballers and fit etc but there’s still different levels even amongst the elite as I’m sure you can see by comparing players like Ndombele and VDV and the Ndombeles of the world are moved on regardless of reputation. As the season goes on the ones that “buy in” because it’s a new manager and the ones that really truly buy in get seen and will be what Ange referred to late in the season about players and his system. The ones that don’t truly get on board will either be moved on or find themselves on the periphery of the squad regardless of who they are as Ange is all about the team as a unit not any single player which is why the character of a player is so important to him. He’ll use this window to turn over a few and further fill the squad with the “right” player for how he wants the side to play both structurally and physically. He’s done it time and time again with sides and they pretty much always improve second season, time will tell I guess for the ones of you doubting he’s up to it.

As for comments he’s been “found out” by other managers now and his inflexible system won’t work etc etc it’s seriously laughable that you think no other manager in all his time has thought “what if we hit them fast and wide on the counter”?? Also if you don’t think while he absolutely has a style of play he’s steadfast on (most managers do) that he doesn’t tweak things depending on who he’s playing then you’re not watching very closely. There’s definitely tactical tweaks and selections made dependant on the opposition there for all to see, even some of the guys at Walkabout Creek FC! 😉

The Prem is obviously one of the top leagues in the world with the best players, managers, everything so I understand the trepidation around Ange to a point but know he is a quality manager who will leave no stone unturned to keep driving your side to success, as he’s done everywhere previously.
Cheers mate

Daniel will be delighted with another round of Postecoglou propaganda. :mourthumb:

Welcome mate.

He mustn’t have popped in to do his usual reading of this forum for insight yet, haven’t seen him put a 👍 on my comment. Anytime now though I’m sure. At least Jose liking it has helped me get through the day.

Back
Top Bottom