Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alright, even I'm dubious here.

A Celtic fan saying Spurs are a much bigger club?

I'm not buying it.
That's why I didn't say they are a much bigger club. I said they are a bigger club in a much bigger league.

And Spurs are only a bigger club BECAUSE they are in much a bigger league.

There is no denying that Spurs can attract bigger and better players than Celtic can, and there's no shame in accepting that.

That's why I didn't say they are a much bigger club. I said they are a bigger club in a much bigger league.

And Spurs are only a bigger club BECAUSE they are in much a bigger league.

There is no denying that Spurs can attract bigger and better players than Celtic can, and there's no shame in accepting that.
Fair enough.

Saw this on a Reddit post. Encouraging for sure

I've been a Celtic season ticket holder for over 20 years and I have never enjoyed watching the team play more than I have in the last season and a half. You could argue that we've had better players in the past - Larsson was a standout, of course - but Ange coaches a style of play that is just a joy to watch.

I know there's a lot of scepticism in England about the quality of Scottish football and whether he's able to adapt to playing the oil-billionaire teams down there, but Ange is no fool. He'll have you playing football that's great to watch but will also adapt to the opposition. You'll likely concede some goals early on in his tenure where you'll think he's being naive in his approach, but that's just a function of him building the players confidence by letting them make mistakes. By the start of next year, you'll love him.

You'll also enjoy his no-nonsense approach to dealing with the media. Enjoy the ride.

🗣️| Ange Postecoglou:

"Being Australian, I sometimes feel I'll never walk into a dressing room and get that instant credibility because of where I'm from, but that's fine.

Even in Australia, where I've had success, I never assumed that people would follow me because of who I am. I knew that I'd get buy-in if I could provide clarity, if I could put the right picture in people's minds. I've been able to do that. It doesn't scare me. It's who I am."

I just pray we get a song going to the big man to the tune of Angie by the stones.

30k of fans whining Angie. ANNNNGIE. Then some other words that work with the continuing popular beat combos original melody.

Big red flag (no pun intended)

Was only a matter of time. Can always count on Liverpool fans....

FeFCCblXwAI6iKq.jpg

Starting to feel really positive about this appointment after reading some of the reports.

Wasn’t my first choice but genuinely feel that he’s a better fit than others we were linked with JN, Enrique and Rodgers. I think Ange will be good at bringing the team together again, something that’s been missing post Poch.

Couldn’t agree more

I don't think Mason's the type to do a Sherwood and try to cause shit for the manager, it would be quite a good education for him to learn under Postecoglou as well, and help implement his methods in the academy.

But I also think at some point Mason needs to get out and do some first team coaching somewhere to prove he can cope with the real pressure of a proper job, not one with little pressure like the job he's done for us.

I don't think Mason's the type to do a Sherwood and try to cause shit for the manager, it would be quite a good education for him to learn under Postecoglou as well, and help implement his methods in the academy.

But I also think at some point Mason needs to get out and do some first team coaching somewhere to prove he can cope with the real pressure of a proper job, not one with little pressure like the job he's done for us.
He’s also still so young.

I know there are a few baby faced managers about, but I think we forget that Mason should still be playing the game rather than managing a team.

Back
Top Bottom