Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah but Celtic will always win regardless, they could play shit football and still win the league, that has nothing to do with their style of play which you initially alluded to - if you were to apply your logic to the Premier League than we'd still be able to win the vast majority of our matches because we should have significantly better players and resources than the rest of the league.

We didn’t win in 2020/21. We played awful football and lost the league by 20 points, didn’t win a single cup either.

Our style of play under Ange has blown teams in Scotland away. The style has everything to do with it. We won a game 9-0 this season. Do you think we do that every year?

Pretend Celtic fans on the board now appearing - more levy paid for bs! They would never come on here for political reasons!

It's so obvious it's pathetic.

Put the drugs down, man.

happy father ted GIF

London based Celtic fan here , going to give you my 2 cents .

We , as a support , were very very negative about Ange when he was appointed (cheap option , yada yada ). We were supposed to get Howe. With a bit of digging and research turned out his teams had broken records in Aus , and he had taken a team to a J League title for the first time in 10 years , again with a record points total. He also won the Asia Cup as Australia manager
( equivalent of Euros ). Pep said he was one of the best coaches in the world aswell. So we were obviously more optimistic than we were initially.

But he has surpassed any reasonable expectations we had and has probably ruined any future managers for us . He is far , and I mean far better than Rodgers. Never seen a team as fit , aggressive , organised and efficient as this one in my years supporting us . Again , he's broken records here for goals scored etc. But his most impressive attribute has been his eye for a transfer. He has brought in players that have hit the ground running and he had them up to speed on his very specific system very quickly. Jota , Kyogo , Abada, Hatate , Starfelt, Maeda, Oh , Haksabanovic all worth 2 or 3 times what we paid now.

We finished 20 points behind in the league before he came in so he had a full rebuild on his hands and lost 3 of his first 5 in the league before he got his own players in and fit. So he actually performed a miracle turning that around in his 1st season ....pressure was on massively and we had to be near perfect as that was a decent Rangers side under GVB ( Europa finalists ) .

He is a disciplinarian and doesn't suffer fools .

Looks like we are getting Brendan back , and you will be getting Ange . He may well surprise you.

Also.....this myth that Gerrard done a good job at Rangers is a pet peeve . He didn't. He won 1 trophy in four seasons ( in an empty stadium 2021, while we had Neil Lennon as manager......) Brendan won 10 in 3.5 seasons , Ange has won 5 in 2 seasons .
Welcome to the forum and for your excellent contribution

It’s alright, if you listen to the Celtic fans who have decided to turn up or our Australian fans, we’ve apparently just hired a combination of Pep & Klopp.

Club PR coming out.

It will be another failed appointment. International captains and World Cup winners aren’t going to listen to him. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kane properly pushes for a move if we appoint him.

We didn’t win in 2020/21. We played awful football and lost the league by 20 points, didn’t win a single cup either.

Our style of play under Ange has blown teams in Scotland away. The style has everything to do with it. We won a game 9-0 this season. Do you think we do that every year?
majority since fergie won it so its nothing special

Stand corrected on the year but this is not point I was making

Being Scottish but absolutely hate the old firm, i have to say I thought of Ange when Conte left as a good fit. seen a fair bit of Celtic over the last 2 Years, when he arrived at Celtic they were a complete shambles they had just lost the league to Gerard’s team and they had lost there captain and other key players and then appointed an unknown Aussie that nobody had heard of it didnt go down well with the natives, but after a poor start he soon got his philosophy of possession based attacking football into the club he also brought in several Japanese players who were instant hits, he is very cool and respectful and seems a decent guy, but his football is fantastic and also ruthless. If he is given the time and backing at Spurs he will be successful in My opinion and the Spurs fans will love him like the Celtic ones do. the press up here now think it is a done deal and will be finalised early next week

Prove you're Celtic - what are the words to the Ange chant that's sung to the tune of Dirty Old Town?

That isn’t his chant mate.

It’s to the tune of the Carpenters:

Top of the league, looking down on the Rangers and the only explanation I can find is the form we have found since Ange has been around and it’s put us at the top of the league

The other one is just sort of his name followed by Ole

Yeah but Celtic will always win regardless, they could play shit football and still win the league, that has nothing to do with their style of play which you initially alluded to - if you were to apply your logic to the Premier League than we'd still be able to win the vast majority of our matches because we should have significantly better players and resources than the rest of the league.
No not really even close to reality. Celtic have player on 20 or 30k a week, even team like hibs have guys on 750 quid a week.

The difference in quality is to significant in Scotland.

Th fact is nobody complained about Rodgers football or lenons football.

Really so your obviously a fake and have never been to a Celtic game or know anything about them.
The one part of your comment that was true was that Palestine flags sometimes fly at Parkhead. I have never met one Celtic fan in my life who's anti-semitic. In fact it baffles me that's the perception you have.

Club PR coming out.

It will be another failed appointment. International captains and World Cup winners aren’t going to listen to him. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kane properly pushes for a move if we appoint him.

By next season our only world cup winner will be Romero. He doesn't appear to listen to anyone anyway.

As for Kane, he's a model pro.

As for failed appointment, so were Conte and Jose so even if he fails it's par for the course round here.

Back
Top Bottom