Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not sure if I should believe the Celtic fans on here when they say that Ange was better than Rodgers or the regulars on here who have never watched Celtic but insist that they are the exact same because google shows that they got a similar amount of points.

Tough call.
My mrs and her brother are season ticket holders and they say that they haven’t enjoyed watching Celtic as much since the Tommy Burns days in the mid 90s. The standard of opposition isn’t anywhere near their level though but if something is pleasing on the eye it’s pleasing on the eye. They’ve dominated the next best team in Rangers every game apart from the one a couple of weeks ago when the league was done and had nothing to play for. That was at ibrox with no away fans.
Rodgers team was nowhere near as good as the current one.

Tell me another manager who gets tifos on different continents

celtic-fc-v-fk-bodoe-glimt-knockout-round-play-off-leg-one-uefa-europa-conference-league-56-1.jpeg

GettyImages-143252585.jpg

Yeah but has he got a 35% win percentage in Italy or Spain first!?

To be fair, if we swapped CL groups this season we'd have probably finished bottom of Celtic's group too based on the godawful performances we put in.

I’d hope we would have won a game. Also, wasn’t he crap last season too? Think they went out of some pre qualifier to nobodies. Was early on though.

I’d hope we would have won a game. Also, wasn’t he crap last season too? Think they went out of some pre qualifier to nobodies. Was early on though.
We crashed out of the Conference, which I get nobody actually cared about but fuck me we came up against farmers and fell apart.

Our recent Euro pedigree other than the 2019 run and the run under Redknapp hasn't been anything to write home about at all.

I'm honestly not all that excited by the prospect of this guy but to be honest it beats spending another two months approaching random managers and getting knocked back then appointing Mason the day before the opening match, which is where we really could end up heading. That's my current level of expectation these days.

Really so your obviously a fake and have never been to a Celtic game or know anything about them.
Give it a rest Mate.

Theses guys' opinions and insight are helpful to the rest of us.

I said this morning that they are paid Levy Bots but I was joking.

Look on their forum, they all say similar to the guys that have come her.

As with any incoming manager, we have no idea if he’s going to be any good or not. All we can do is try to trust there’s a plan in place and get behind whoever it is and give him a chance.

Give it a rest Mate.

Ah but you see, Levy setup the Celtic forums 20 years ago knowing this day would come. He's playing 6D chess.

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

Club PR coming out.

It will be another failed appointment. International captains and World Cup winners aren’t going to listen to him. Wouldn’t be surprised if Kane properly pushes for a move if we appoint him.

I listen to the Gold and Guest podcast and Guest has been huge on Ange for like a month now. Wanted him from the jump more or less. I think it’s unfair to say this is just club PR now that they’ve apparently decided on Ange, Guest wanted him for a long time.

Ali Gold has actually been really skeptical of the appointment.

Give it a rest Mate.

Give it a rest yourself. I know Celtic fans having lived up there and no they aren't saying the same stuff. They are raging while also saying he'll be caught out in the prem as theyve all seen him humiliated in Europe.

Rodgers is a very good coach and was very good at Celtic but he had a more stable base than Big Ange….for example he took over a squad that had Tierney, Armstrong and Christie (all 3 playing in the PL) as well as the likes of Boyata who went on to play in the Bundasliga. Ange never had any of that, in fact he inherited a squad that was a complete shambles.

My mrs and her brother are season ticket holders and they say that they haven’t enjoyed watching Celtic as much since the Tommy Burns days in the mid 90s. The standard of opposition isn’t anywhere near their level though but if something is pleasing on the eye it’s pleasing on the eye. They’ve dominated the next best team in Rangers every game apart from the one a couple of weeks ago when the league was done and had nothing to play for. That was at ibrox with no away fans.
Rodgers team was nowhere near as good as the current one.
More bullshit Tommy burns - haha 😂 Martin O'Neil! More fake bs!

Give it a rest yourself. I know Celtic fans having lived up there and no they aren't saying the same stuff. They are raging while also saying he'll be caught out in the prem as theyve all seen him humiliated in Europe.
Unlike world class Conte who humiliated us in the CONFERENCE league.

Back
Top Bottom