Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I'd change anything, I would invert the full back to recycle the inside - outside balls, when it all comes on top.
Perhaps play a false 9 in the hole and use a 10 in the wide gaps, through the lines, have the FBs stand even closer to the GK on goal kicks and overlap the high line on the low block.
Football is a simple game.

Stop talking dirty to me....

How You Doin Kiss GIF

Is it just me or is there millions of tactico accounts uploading content on social media breaking down Ange ball, there seems to be loads on YouTube recently.
There are LOTSSSS

I watched some and get recommended new ones daily lol. I love it though, some pick up on a few things others miss.

I don't think it's necessarily a flavour of the month thing though, we're literally the best team to watch by all accounts. If we kept this up we'd have the all time most aesthetically pleasing prem football season of any team.

Because they’re not the « wrong » way round. Wingers or forwards are often inverted so that they present a threat cutting in rather than going outside. A right-footed player is put on the left and vice versa.

The fullbacks are just tucked in,
No they are inverted wingers in that they cut inside with the ball instead of staying wide like traditional wingers. What foot they prefer is nothing to do with it.

No they are inverted wingers in that they cut inside with the ball instead of staying wide like traditional wingers. What foot they prefer is nothing to do with it.
Why did you disagree? Your definition was the same as mine. Most of the time they play so they cut in on their stronger foot eg Arjen Robben.

The way Ange's inverted FBs work is that they move inside for the ball rather than outside and then combine with the 6/8 and wide mids to outnumber the opposition in dangerous areas - setting up triangles to move down the pitch. The FBs can continue moving all the way down the pitch (usually only one at a time) to then pop up in goalscoring areas. They often run the inside channel looking for a pass - it's teh reason Ange's FBs get so many goals and assists compared with other teams.

Back
Top Bottom