Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In hindsight yes the game was won but it was anything but at the time. If they could of nicked one goal from that sustained pressure from our continued poor play who knows what could of happened with a momentum swing. His end of game management is the only gripe I have with him at this point.
His end game management is about next game management and so far he has the side undefeated and top of the league so might give him the benefit here I think

In hindsight yes the game was won but it was anything but at the time. If they could of nicked one goal from that sustained pressure from our continued poor play who knows what could of happened with a momentum swing. His end of game management is the only gripe I have with him at this point.

7 wins and 2 draws from 9 fixtures kind of says you're wrong.

Also, except for the Burnley game (which was well and truly dusted) Spurs has scored the last goal in every game we have played. No team has come back to nick a point or even looked like nicking a point. The only times a team has scored against us after the 54th minute this season were that game and the Sheffield United game which we came back to win.

Ange's end of game management is as close to perfect as you will ever see.

I’m sure his hippo wife is on his case with four kids.

Neither of them are learning German, get him back in May
Yeah, 'cos he's gonna come running back over hot coals to play for fans like YOU!

Seriously mate, get a grip!

Whether we're better off without him or not, there's no need to hurl abuse at his wife over it!

Last edited:

How anyone can describe his wife as a 'hippo' is beyond me.

Not that any woman should be referred to as a hippo in any case, quite frankly.
I always found it refreshing that he was a stay at home bloke with his childhood girlfriend, rather than getting exposed by the media or on video with kiss&tell girls that some footballers seem to attract.

Last edited:
'He doubled my potential' - Striker raves about Ange Postecoglou's impact - Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News

Brazilian striker Erik Lima, who was managed by Ange Postecoglou at Yokohama Marinos, has admitted that the Australian had a profound impact on his career, and backed the 58-year-old to succeed at Tottenham.

Lima spent a year and a half with Postecoglou at Yokohama, scoring 24 goals in 48 appearances for the club and being a key part of their historic J-League triumph in 2019.

Spurs fans have seen first-hand how their new head coach has brought the best out of the likes of Yves Bissouma and Pedro Porro since he arrived at the club, and the former Yokohama star has remarked that the new Tottenham boss did the same with him.

Postecoglou has a big impact on players’ careers​

The striker told ESPN Brasil about Postecoglou: “One of the greatest coaches I’ve ever had. He changed me a lot as an athlete and even the way I think about the game.

“He doubled my potential. Not only in my individual numbers, but in the achievements we had together. I was the champion and then the team’s top scorer.”

Lima, who now plays for FC Machida Zelvia, is not surprised by the style of football that Postecoglou has Tottenham playing.

When asked about Spurs’ current attacking approach, he said: “I don’t remember having games with less than three or four chances to score goals. We exchanged more than 600 passes per game. If we exchanged less than that, he would be dissatisfied.

“We rarely scored a few goals. Doing this with players who weren’t so renowned is very difficult. At the time we managed to improve a lot and several athletes from our squad went to the Japanese team.”

The 29-year-old insisted that he continues to root for his former manager and he has no doubt that the Aussie can replicate the success he had at Celtic in North London.

Lima added: “He built a family at Marinos. Wherever he goes I will be rooting for his success. In addition to being a great coach, he is a great person. He was very successful at Celtic and I was sure he would fit into any club with that wonderful style of play.”

Sam Matterface: Can Spurs win the league?
Ange: Unless theres something in the rules mate that says Tottenham can’t, I think we can, any team can….

View: https://youtu.be/zQl3FDJUITc?si=Lp6Yhyt0FEQITG0J

You can tell they’re all bricking it. They say it with a little bit of a laugh but deep down they are absolutely shaking in their boots at the thought of Spurs playing the way we are after just 9 games with a brand new manager.

Back
Top Bottom