Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still love the big fella and believe in his process. But you can still say he got it wrong vs Chelsea and today. You don't put in two such performances, get beat twice, and come out of it with credit. Nuno, Mou and Conte would've got bazooka'd for them games...

We looked absolutely out of it from minute one today and got zero reaction in the second half. What'd he say to them in the locker room?!

That Carabao Cup exit was downright embarrassing too. Didn't much like how he toed the party line about Kane either.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.
after pre season, fulham and today he must know theres players in that squad he cant trust no matter what now. the jan window cant come quick enough so he can get players in that suit his system and doesnt have multiple square pegs in round holes like today.

when its 11 v 11 and he has at leats 90% of players that suit his system its great stuff. thankfully we wont go down to 9 again, i cant remember the last time that happened to be honest.

the january window is fucking massive, CL football next year swings on it.

We just finished 8th and signed van de Ven, Maddison and Vicario...

The right players are out there. If we're heading in the right direction footballing wise, just lacking the components, we'll move forward in the right direction with continuing to make smart signings.
Hm if only there was some reason why we could afford the big splashes in the transfer window. Could it be that something was different this year? Maybe because we sold Kane for £100m?

I guarantee the money won’t be there to the same degree, not with tightwad Levy at the helm, unless some European football money is coming in.

Didn’t get anything wrong v Chelsea
Hummmmm 🤔

Yeah cause that was defo the right thing to do with 9 men and without Micky to keep playing such a high line. Not like there weren't warning signs before Jackson got his first.

But yeah we nearly equalized, could've won it blah blah blah woooohooooo

Hummmmm 🤔

Yeah cause that was defo the right thing to do with 9 men and without Micky to keep playing such a high line. Not like there weren't warning signs before Jackson got his first.

youll get told bentancur should of scored....never mind the fact chelsea should of scored 8

As a Spurs fan, you can answer your own question surely?

Success to a Spurs fan isn't the same as success to a Man City fan. Not is it the same as success to a Luton Town fan.

So you tell me

Indeed.

A good run of games and a period at top of the table is success historically.

So we’ve already hit the ENIC ceiling imo.

Maybe a cup final.

I think Ange will be able to get us watching football worth watching.

Football is too fixed as a structure for clubs outside a certain few to really have success that everyone agrees is success.

Hummmmm 🤔

Would also say that the team looked far too pumped up. Hard to say whether he was at ‘fault’ for that but you rarely see such discipline issues from a Pep team for example.

Interestingly if Posto was all about the future and accepting the ups and downs, maybe a couple of youngsters blooded might have been more productive. Rather than clinging to the hope that the old guard would bring the points home.
I have said myself id rather see some younger blood but we have to accept if they were good enough they would play, he is not playing Dier by choice, it’s just the best he has

Hummmmm 🤔

Itv was the right thing to do because that’s what he believes in.

Football philosophy over results.

As a fan of a club outside the anointed elite, that’s all we can ask for.

His mistake today was starting a team that didn’t have a creative player in CM.

Probably showing integrity vs Prem officials is a mistake too

Why do so many FC forum members get so attached and obsessed with our managers?

I remember the Conte love-in. He could sleep with your wife and you’d still not accept anything negative said about him.

Same now with Flange. He’s never good enough for a big club like Spurs. It will end in tears.

Poch needs to come back home.

This time last season you were saying "Bring Nuno back"

Fuck off, Man U troll.

this has to adapt if going down to 9 men tho. if arteta done that youd be fucking loving it. anytime they go down to 10 or 9 men against semi competent sides youd be getting the popcorn out ready for a proper drilling.

thankfully we wont see us go down to 9 men again...you hope!

He did adapt.

Just not the way you think is traditionally right.

We’ve tried the traditional methods of “serial winner”.

How did that go for us?

Indeed.

A good run of games and a period at top of the table is success historically.

So we’ve already hit the ENIC ceiling imo.

Maybe a cup final.

I think Ange will be able to get us watching football worth watching.

Football is too fixed as a structure for clubs outside a certain few to really have success that everyone agrees is success.

Well, we can go by seasons.

What was success this season? Bare in mind before it started, we had finished 8th and lost Kane.

Top four? A cup run? I'd say both for a first season would be well above expectations.

But there's no reason why we can't build on what we've seen this season. We're 12 games in... We knew there'd be bumpy roads. Most of us thought it may have been earlier in the season but it was still expected.

Get to January, regroup. I think if we're still top 5 by January, we'd have done exceptionally well considering our circumstances. Strengthen what we can, get the likes of Maddison and VDV back from injury and end the season strong.

Surprisingly thought he was a bit too cautious today. Almost worked but for the first time it felt like we were trying manage the game and minimize risk rather than win it.

Not suprising to me in the slightest given the changes we were forced to make and the players we had to bring in... What is though, is that at the same time we've got Spurs fans and pundits running with the "Ange is too gung-ho" narrative after our first bump in the road..

View: https://twitter.com/EBL2017/status/1723352094420119594?t=ldLyH2NXpuUq1_ms6UyxsQ&s=19

Ultimately this.

Some people find it hard to keep this perspective because of how good we've been. There was always going to be below par performances because of the squad. This was one of them. There will be amazing performances which we've seen.

Hmm only way we'd accept finishing 8th is if we have our key players out all season.

When we get our players back I'd expect us to finish around 4th, if we finish 8th with our key players then something really went wrong and serious questions needs to be asked - Finishing 8th from here isn't a process, it's a recess.

Back
Top Bottom