Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmm only way we'd accept finishing 8th is if we have our key players out all season.

When we get our players back I'd expect us to finish around 4th, if we finish 8th with our key players then something really went wrong and serious questions needs to be asked - Finishing 8th from here isn't a process, it's a recess.

Well, if you believe what you read on here, we'll be bloody 8th by the time they're all back.

Next season is still too early mate, he will need another summer window.
I think the season after next will be better.
It all depends on Levy ; Ange seems to have a great eye for a player if Levy can get him 2 players in January then another couple in the summer I think we will be unstoppable!
Our first 11 currently when fit is in my eyes second only to city , it’s just we don’t have the depth - another good Centre back and Maddison replacement today and we don’t lose.
Regardless I’m just reminding myself we need to be patient but I’m adamant good things are round the corner!

Next season is still too early mate, he will need another summer window.
I think the season after next will be better.

Sounds about right, unless we're very ahead of schedule.

Poch's first season saw us get top 5 with sprinkling of what was to come and some really bad results.

Second season was the Leicester one. Again, we saw what was to come. But not enough.

Third season was the one where it really felt it all clicked.

I reckon same here. This season so far is exceeding all expectations and feels like we're ahead of the curve but not really got the squad we want. So there will be great results, and there will be bad ones.

Next season will be interesting. We'd have cleared alot of those not suited and got players in who are.

He’s won things everywhere he’s been,

Often at clubs like Spurs that never win.

Saying he’s not a great manager is flat out ignorant and Euro-centric

Eurocentrism is fair when all the best managers are generally concentrated in Europe.

Doesn’t mean great ones don’t exist outside - but to be considered among the greats you win in an environment where there are other greats.

Ange (rightly) won’t be viewed on the same level as Klopp or Pep till he wins things at the highest level of the game.

He's not a great manager though. At 58 it's getting a bit late to become one.

State of you...... You want him to fail SO bad.... Picking at any possible thread in hope that things come unraveled.

You'd been like this since the moment he was announced.

Last edited:
This can't be right.....

This morning: "You're meant to be able to ride out injury problems..... Look at Newcastle!"

Lol we’re being compared to Newcastle who were in a relegation battle a season and a half ago and are in the earliest stages of club building. They have no squad and are in Europe and most of their spending went toward a player who got banned.

+ they have far more players unavailable than us - BAD EXCUSE.

You really don’t deserve him with that attitude

This is by a country mile the biggest and best paid job he’s ever had so probably feels extremely lucky and privileged to be here tbh, let alone not deserving him.

Scottish footie to Spurs? Dreamworld. Lower than championship level over there.

Lol we’re being compared to Newcastle who were in a relegation battle a season and a half ago and are in the earliest stages of club building. They have no squad and are in Europe and most of their spending went toward a player who got banned.

+ they have far more players unavailable than us -

No; we're being compared to the team that finished above us whom are funded by blood money and sports-washing.

Your heart bleeds for ANYONE but Spurs............

BAD EXCUSE.

It's not intended to be an "excuse" for anything.....

It's ironic never-the-less and I'll continue to revel in the teams around us not doing well, thx...... Especially as it helps the team I love.

Last edited:
Is there youth internationals aswell or just senior. if not Phillips, Dorrington and Donley shouldn't go as they should really be trying to stake a claim in starting 11, especially the the centre backs.

Donley should definitely be fighting for minutes in Madison's absence.

Hopefully Postecoglou makes a pathway for them in the next couple of weeks.

No we're being compared to the team that finished above us whom are funded by blood money and sports-washing.

Your heart bleeds for ANYONE but Spurs............

It's not intended to be an "excuse" for anything.....

It's ironic never the less and I'll continue to revel in the teams around us not doing well, thx...... Especially as it helps the team I love.

Ffs stop the blood money moaning. We’ve spent more than they have since their takeover if you include wages. They’ve not got some unparalleled advantage and they were coming from a far lower position.

I’d expect Newcastle to struggle with injuries as they’ve catapulted themselves to CL level. We should have much better depth and should cope better as a result.

My heart doesn’t bleed for them - I don’t care if they win or lose. Feel nothing either way for them as a club. But they’re dealing with a lot more than we are.

I agree with this in a nutshell. But let’s not act like there isn’t a gigantic chasm of difference, both in money for transfers and prestige to attract top players, between finishing 4th and 8th. As we all know, that matters to Levy, and it’s clear the squad needs at least 5 or 6 reinforcements to be capable of challenging for anything serious.
We finished 8th and attracted Vicario, Van De Ven, Maddison (who could go to Newcastle) etc. If good players want to come here, they will, regardless of where we finish. Son signed a new contract just after we finished 7th and were about to start a Conference League campaign.

Back
Top Bottom