Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or 0 trophies in 16 years. Despite many different managers including serial trophy winners, and many different players coming and going through the revolving doors.

But One ever present constant. ...Pretty obvious what the problem is.

These players haven’t been here 16 years, neither has the manager.

What does the past 16 years have to do with them?

Oh how cute... A collection of kisses from a huddle of people I wouldn't piss on if they were dying of thirst.

JccnDqG.png

These players haven’t been here 16 years, neither has the manager.

What does the past 16 years have to do with them?
Nothing. But every time we appoint a new manager, and sign new players the same narrative gets trotted out.

And we end up winning nothing and the manager becomes the scapegoat.

And there's absolutely nothing to suggest this time will be any different.

"For over 20 years there is the owner. They win nothing. Why"

Conte called it right

Last edited:
Nothing. But every time we appoint a new manager, and sign new players the same narrative gets trotted out.

And we end up winning nothing and the manager becomes the scapegoat.

And there's absolutely nothing to suggest this time will be any different.

"For over 20 years there is the owner. They win nothing. Why"

Conte called it right

You may be right. I’m not sure you are with this group.

Alonso and De Zerbi are the other options

If you think they're 'far' better options than Ange then you're a bigger fucking idiot I originally took you for.
Delusional to think that Liverpools only options are Alonso and De Zerbi. Theres still nearly an entire year before their managerial search and every top manager in the world will be wanting to go to anfield.

Lets be honest here, Ange has achieved fuck all in european sport. A few trophies with celtic and a few good months in the PL. With the greatest respect, big fucking deal. It wasnt long ago that Potter was the next best thing in football and look how that turned out. Yall hype up everyone, fucking hipsters.

You are talking about arguably the biggest job in england bar Man Utd.

An extrodinaryly peevish hit job in the guardian
"Inheriting a Spurs team that had finished eighth in the Premier League and does not have the hassle of European football was also a gift."

Wow... That's a hot take.

Inheriting a Spurs team that the past 3 "managers" had absolutely butt fucked into submission was a gift.

What a cunt.

Delusional to think that Liverpools only options are Alonso and De Zerbi. Theres still nearly an entire year before their managerial search and every top manager in the world will be wanting to go to anfield.

Lets be honest here, Ange has achieved fuck all in european sport. A few trophies with celtic and a few good months in the PL. With the greatest respect, big fucking deal. It wasnt long ago that Potter was the next best thing in football and look how that turned out. Yall hype up everyone, fucking hipsters.

You are talking about arguably the biggest job in england bar Man Utd.

They're both the favourites to take over job...

Alonso actually the clear fav and a name that's been mentioned many times by their journos...so what has Alonso with his massive 2 years of top coaching and 0 achievements have over Ange?

In fact look at the names on this list, who has achieved anything significant here? Apart from Simeone/Jose who you can forget about who will never become Liverpool managers everyone else is pretty much in the same boat.

GExLsK5WUAAnhZp

I don't know what world you're living in clubs just aren't going down the experienced winner route because there's generally not many managers who have decorated CV's in top leagues these days and also they're going for project managers.

You do realise that Utd hired Ten Hag, a manager with less achievements than Ange and before that hired Ole who had little coaching experience don't you?

You may be right. I’m not sure you are with this group.
Well, I admit that I usually am.

However, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong for once.. :ange-pray:

Although the way we limp wristedly bowed out of both this seasons domestic cups in the early stages doesn't bode particularly well if we're honest. Especially considering we have no European football to contend with.

This was probably our best opportunity in years. Or should have been.

Although the way we limp wristedly bowed out of both this seasons domestic cups in the early stages doesn't bode particularly well if we're honest. Especially considering we have no European football to contend with.

Don't bode badly either. It doesn't bode shit.

The best club team in the world in the 3rd round was our best opportunity in years? In the first 6 months of a completely new team and system?

Fulham was annoying I give you that but how else was Ange meant to know that those players weren't ready to play his system yet if he didn't pick them?

Although the way we limp wristedly bowed out of both this seasons domestic cups i
I'll just about give you the BTec Redbull cup, which was VERY early into Ange's tenure. But that's a shit take on the FA Cup. City were on the night and genuinely are better than us. And It's no surprise given the 115 instances of cheating that have been identified.

Pointing out that even when we’re good we are bad at winning trophies isn’t simping for the fucking dippers, get a grip.

It’s not even about them specifically. Take them out of the conversation and the reality is the same - 15 years of mostly being a top 4 challenging side and yet not even a league cup to show for it.

Why? Bad luck? Strategy? Mentality?

I know this is Captain Obvious but only one team can be the winner.

Sometimes you can be good enough to win a title any ony *other* season, except there is this one team who just has an exceptional season.

Last edited:
I'll just about give you the BTec Redbull cup, which was VERY early into Ange's tenure. But that's a shit take on the FA Cup. City were on the night and genuinely are better than us. And It's no surprise given the 115 instances of cheating that have been identified.

We still limp wristedly bowed out to them. A single shot all game at home is what I’d expect for City away to Luton, not Ange’s Spurs.

Literally had a better opportunity last season in all cup comps.

They're the "best team in the world"?

Yep. They’re also having a slightly iffy season and two of their three best weren’t on the pitch. We had injuries too but to limp away having not created even the semblance of a chance is awful.

Ange won’t be happy and neither should the fans. We’re an attacking team at home who had a singular shot. Is that okay under any circumstances? Are we meant to pretend it is so we can play positivity olympics?

We were shit, so let’s go batter Brentford and move on.

In his post-match presser, he looked a bit downcast to me as the game really exposed the gap between the teams, not on the scoreboard but in the general play.

But he also said City are 9 years in to their project.

The team is taking shape: the keeper is sorted, the defense is sorted, the midfield is sorted, the forward line is where the team falls short ATM. (This is provided the players stay fit and available, of course).

Yep. They’re also having a slightly iffy season and two of their three best weren’t on the pitch. We had injuries too but to limp away having not created even the semblance of a chance is awful.

Ange won’t be happy and neither should the fans. We’re an attacking team at home who had a singular shot. Is that okay under any circumstances? Are we meant to pretend it is so we can play positivity olympics?

We were shit, so let’s go batter Brentford and move on.

Yep- Postecoglou calld them the benchmark.

I think this match more than any other thus far showed him that its one thing to be a top 4 or top 5 side, but its another big step again to be number one.

Back
Top Bottom