Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His other quotes said the same as you.

I'm not confusing level-headedness in public for a shortage of rage behind closed doors. We all saw the footage before he was hired.

there is zero chance those players didn't hear all about that performance. Shouting on the sidelines is performance for the fans. It has zero benefits for players. If anything it might distract them.

Ok , I haven’t watched it yet. Having a shit day and on top of our game I can’t quite face sitting through watching the press conference.

This fan base is just way too scarred.

Every failure just blends into all the past failures. I remember Ossie, this is nothing like Ossie.
Come on mate, how many results gone so badly this season? Too many to remember, beaten by Fulham, chelsea and Wolves H&A I remember plus today. It's not one off results, keeps repeating.
Both managers are similar. Squad with average and few decent players with no emphasis on defending when playing away or even with 8 men!!! I can't see any plan, it's like watching grand national. There is one difference, we are a richer club plenty of money being spent but nothing to show apart from a dusty trophy cabinet.
Angie's squad is far better than what Mourino or Conte had in their tenures.

Q. How much confidence do you have for the next match?

You just read the quote tweet?

If you read the whole PC I think his description was very accurate and offered no excuses:

Why was your team so vulnerable on the break?

As I said, we allowed them to dictate the way the game was played, ended up being a transition game, a lot of it was self-inflicted by us, we weren’t brave on the ball, we’ve been really good this year at understanding that when we have the ball we can be a threat, certain players, we just shied away from that today. When you do that you allow the game to be played on Newcastle’s terms. When that happens especially away from home it’s hard for us to then claw it back once it’s got away from us.

Were you concerned about the physical side of the game, it felt like your players lost a lot of the key battles?

I was concerned with all of it. I don't think there was one area that cost us today. I don't think there was any part of our game that reached the levels that it needs to for us to be able to play the games on our terms, so whether that's the physical aspect, the technical, the tactical, all of it, we just never really got to any sort of tempo or intensity that we needed to, to stop a team that's got momentum right from the start.
The type of players he is describing cost a lot of money.

Come on mate, how many results gone so badly this season? Too many to remember, beaten by Fulham, chelsea and Wolves H&A I remember plus today. It's not one off results, keeps repeating.
Both managers are similar. Squad with average and few decent players with no emphasis on defending when playing away or even with 8 men!!! I can't see any plan, it's like watching grand national. There is one difference, we are a richer club plenty of money being spent but nothing to show apart from a dusty trophy cabinet.
Angie's squad is far better than what Mourino or Conte had in their tenures.

Q. How much confidence do you have for the next match?
Ossie was sacked mid season.

This is nothing like Ossie.

I don't even know if I care about the next match mate. Chances are at this point I'll be back next season when there is something to play for. Fwiw I doubt a home NLD will be anything like today but if it is I hope the rage is pointed where it should be and not at the manager who has only been here 5 minutes.

Honestly, I don't think most people are calling for his head. He definitely needs to learn a few lessons and people are pissed off about that. But i bet most people here have seen enough of how Levy operates to not - yet again - just blindly shift blame to the manager.

If the last 25 years have showed anything, it's that it's very difficult to compete for trophies under Levy. We have had every type of manager you can get, from the cheeky veterans to the proven winners, to the up and comers...nobody wins here. All we can do is hope that Levy throws enough darts at the board to one day stumble on the exception to the rule. Hopefully it's Ange, we will see.
It's not about calling for his head.
It's about seeing ominous signs of what is likely to happen.

We can forgive the narrow losses with a depleted squad before Christmas.

We are seeing horrible losses devoid of passion and ideas with an almost full contingent. Either the tactics are shit or the players don't care.

Neither is a good look for Ange.

He's been looking a bit ruffled in recent weeks.

The calm persona is starting to crack.

Starting to look like a Spurs manager now.

Gerry Francis used to tend to his pigeons when he had a bad day.

I wonder what Ange will do this evening.

We can forgive the narrow losses with a depleted squad before Christmas.

We are seeing horrible losses devoid of passion and ideas with an almost full contingent. Either the tactics are shit or the players don't care.

Neither is a good look for Ange.
I don't even enjoy the wins at the moment.

What a miserable bunch you lot are. Let's go back to the manager roulette just 9 months into our rebuild.

Klopp, Arteta,etc. all had tough and difficult moments in getting to where they are now (Arse haven't won anything but to deny their quality is delusional). They were terribly inconsistent teams who stuck with their manager and spent money on their squads to get them to competing for titles. Klopp was called inflexible and stubborn for trying to play his "heavy-metal" football every game in his first season. Arteta was termed naive and out-of-his-depth in their dreadful first 2 seasons. Sound familiar?

They got the personnel they need and did make tweaks to their systems but overall, stuck to their principles and they're both better teams for it. Some of you are going mad suggesting wholescale changes game to game based on our performances.

Also, some of the revionism here is pretty funny. It's like some of you just support Spurs to be negative.

Back
Top Bottom