Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy is 100% to blame. He has the power to sack or back Conte. Right now he is doing neither and letting the problem fester.
This. Its now like Mourinhos last 3 months. Everyone knew he was going but our resident genius just sits around with his thumb up his arse watching the season fall to bits. One thing is for sure the chance of backing Conte has now gone. Even if we sign 2 or 3 in the last 10 days of the window its just too little, too late. Summer was the time, we didnt do enough and lost the momemtum we'd built up.

I do agree that Conte is underperforming and our squad is better then what it’s showing. But…

The truth is also that nobody could get a tune out of our defensive unit. It’s utter shit. From Hugo through to all of our defensive options through to PEH the quality just isn’t there. One decent defender in Romero is not even remotely close enough to what we need. I wouldn’t keep any of them next season apart from him.

If Conte can pressurise the idiot owners shaming our club into making the signings we need - and we need a lot - then fair play. A stable and vaguely competent defensive unit would be a game changer for us.

I think if at all possible two signings that would start games might give us a better chance to salvage our season than changing manager and all the turmoil that would follow . At the end of the season see what the situation is .

This. Its now like Mourinhos last 3 months. Everyone knew he was going but our resident genius just sits around with his thumb up his arse watching the season fall to bits. One thing is for sure the chance of backing Conte has now gone. Even if we sign 2 or 3 in the last 10 days of the window its just too little, too late. Summer was the time, we didnt do enough and lost the momemtum we'd built up.

2/3 good signings lined up and ready to go on Jan 1st could have made a hell of a difference....... Could even have another 3,6,9 points on the board.

It may or may not have solved everything with Conte though.

I do agree that Conte is underperforming and our squad is better then what it’s showing. But…

The truth is also that nobody could get a tune out of our defensive unit. It’s utter shit. From Hugo through to all of our defensive options through to PEH the quality just isn’t there. One decent defender in Romero is not even remotely close enough to what we need. I wouldn’t keep any of them next season apart from him.

If Conte can pressurise the idiot owners shaming our club into making the signings we need - and we need a lot - then fair play. A stable and vaguely competent defensive unit would be a game changer for us.

That tweet is a fake account.

What a bizarre little man he is. He portrays an air of moral superiority in the face of extreme hardship like he's doing us some sort of favour by even being here. If his vision can't be achieved and his sulking's stinking out the place he should do the decent thing and leave, because that's what the tragic hero does right?

The mercenary is clearly waiting for his payday and is confident in his stock not being damaged by the debacle of our current situation and his part in it.
Yes waiting for his pay day all the whole going on about persosanl circumstances may be having an effect on him? Does t get in the way of collecting his money though! If he doesn’t like it just fucking go!
What he should do is get his head down and do his best using the max of his ability to get the tran fired up for a NLD abd every other gane. Instead he comes on and appears like the victim and his hard done by. Fir £15M yr lots of people would due for that the ungrateful Git.

Yes waiting for his pay day all the whole going on about persosanl circumstances may be having an effect on him? Does t get in the way of collecting his money though! If he doesn’t like it just fucking go!
What he should do is get his head down and do his best using the max of his ability to get the tran fired up for a NLD abd every other gane. Instead he comes on and appears like the victim and his hard done by. Fir £15M yr lots of people would due for that the ungrateful Git.
Al Murray would say the clue's in the name and he most definitely appears to be a Cunt.

The lack of stoicism from millionaire footballers is staggering, none of them live in the real world but that's a different topic altogether.

I didn’t say that Conte wants to fail just that, like Levy, he doesn’t give a fuck about the club

Yes I accept that he’s lost friends and his family situation isn’t ideal but he knew that when he took the job

On one hand I agree with you about showing loyalty to players but for an elite manager to keep playing players who just aren’t performing like Lloris and Son and losing us vital games is unacceptable
Losing close friends could understandably change his outlook and priorities after he took the job. He may have reckoned he could suffer 18 months away from Italy and family. But if he is at a crossroads on whether to extend, things ain't looking too good.

15 million pounds per year. Let that sink into the mind.

Of course we all want to see new players at prices that can be considered reasonable in a world of no guarantees and yes we absolutely need players of quality but. .

What added value is Conte bringing to this team or club at present and in the last 3 months?

If the fcuking bloke can't/won't commit then how can we navigate out of these choppy waters as though we are all in it together?

Sone right twats on here who see it solely as a Levy/ENIC out diatribe the second we lose a game. Fcuking grow up.

We need to spend but we also need a manager who wants to be at the club through thick and thin, and who is competent. Right now we don't have any if it.
Ndombele, 11 mill pounds a year, potentially for 5 years....... Let that sink in :tanguythumb:

Bring him proper players like Bastoni and Dumfries, then sack him and bring a proper manager.
Why dues he have to have “proper “ players and how much do these cost? We will need to replace ksne and son soon but to satisfy conte defensive system we have to buy £60M+ Defenders! Normally teams spend big fees on attacking creative players. Fuck his system go to back 4 just need two defenders, get Maddison, sell son and richarlison buy a proper CF who will score goals. Get a progressive manager, play some of the youngsters and let the team play! That is the way forward.
I dispair when I see other teams all play and give chances to younger players. Look at dippers today, Chavs even citeh give 18yr olds gane time. Our dick can’t even play Spence.

Yes and we came so close to winning the title that the only team we threatened were Leicester and even then we ended up 3rd to Woolwich in second place.
Do we even look like doing anything similar at the moment? Style football is even worse and we can’t defend for love or money.

Back
Top Bottom