Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My point is that three recent World Cup semi finalists, two of whom played in the final, were involved in Spurs conceding 4 goals in 40 minutes.

Conte picked this team and the tactics.

Dier has a mistake in him but I don't recall him being at his worst last night.

Our star centre back picked up yet another cheap booking, against the champions, meaning he couldn't make any further tackles.

Our goalkeeper, who recently scored for Woolwich, picked up an assist for City last night as well as getting beaten on his near post for the umpteenth time.

Perisic, who does often make significant attacking contributions, had a mare.
Yeah, fucking Conte refused to use those world class defenders and goalkeepers we had on the bench.

My point is that three recent World Cup semi finalists, two of whom played in the final, were involved in Spurs conceding 4 goals in 40 minutes.

Conte picked this team and the tactics.

Dier has a mistake in him but I don't recall him being at his worst last night.

Our star centre back picked up yet another cheap booking, against the champions, meaning he couldn't make any further tackles.

Our goalkeeper, who recently scored for Woolwich, picked up an assist for City last night as well as getting beaten on his near post for the umpteenth time.

Perisic, who does often make significant attacking contributions, had a mare.
Romero's booking was outrageous, it wasn't even a foul, he pulled out of the challenge. Total clanger from the Ref.

We could have Pep in charge & it’d still be the same . Some of our starting XI are simply not good enough while others have aged
Pep wouldn't be daft enough to come here, he wouldn't get the players he'd need to be successful.

Sacking Conte changes nothing, we need an improvement to the squad in several positions and have done since before the CL final. Our recruitment until Para has been woeful.
Young manager, old manager, it really makes no difference.
But Conte is a far better manager than most and needs good players to make his system work - he hasn't got them mostly and anyone coming after him will face the same problems.

Yeah, fucking Conte refused to use those world class defenders and goalkeepers we had on the bench.
What Conte's system does is starve the strikers of service, exposes the weakness of our existing central defenders, the limitations of our existing wing backs and forces the two central midfield players to absorb constant pressure and chase opposition midfield players around like headless chickens in a training drill.

Conte worked in Spurs interests, with what he had available, last season, to get a top four finish. It is why many still have time for him.

Conte has been working against Spurs interests, for long spells this season, with dour football, rotating team selections, failing tactics, badly timed, late and innapropriate substitutions that have produced consistently poor results and performances.

I blame Levy for hiring this guy.

Levy was forced to turn to this mercenary due to his own shortcomings as THFC chairman.

It now seems obvious that Conte's 15 million salary, for 18 months, was always going to be taken from the incoming fees paid for Kane and Son.

Juande Ramos entered into a similar arrangement with Levy when he was employed to oversee the destruction of Martin Jol's team.

Berbatov was sold to United, Defoe to Portsmouth and Keane to Liverpool.

Conte has been employed to help create an illusion of ambition and has been compensated accordingly.

ENIC are all about reducing the wage bill and supporter expectations.

By the time they roll the dice on a new, young, cheap THFC team most will be glad to just watch football that doesn't send them to sleep.

That’s some next level mental gymnastics.
Cheers.

I keep trying.

There have always been patterns regarding what happens at Spurs under ENIC.

When Ramos came in Europa or Champion's League, through the league position, was already looking a bit tricky. Spurs won the League Cup which secured ENIC's minimum requirement. The league form went off a cliff though; especially the performances.

You never knew what you were going to get in terms of tactics, team selection and results.

Individual players were dug out or ignored in the same way Bissouma and Spence have been this season.

Tom Huddlestone was the main victim under the Ramos regime.

Levy loves crashing the train.

Last edited:
I think sacking Mourinho and then hiring nuno & conte is pointless move to begin with
It's like you are changing your clothes from T-shirt to another T-shirt . If We end up getting rid of players who Mourinho didn't improve or rates and then spending over 250m for their replacement then why didn't we just gave the money to Mourinho himself ?

The idea of getting rid of mourinho back then was so the new manager can work with what he has , coach the players and integrate youth , not spending even more money right ?

Levy to mourinho be like "you were right with your assessment to our current squad and what needs to be done to improve but i just don't like you so fck off"

Same can be said to some fans btw

Last edited:
Cheers.

I keep trying.

There have always been patterns regarding what happens at Spurs under ENIC.

When Ramos came in Europa or Champion's League, through the league position, was already looking a bit tricky. Spurs won the League Cup which secured ENIC's minimum requirement. The league form went off a cliff though; especially the performances.

You never knew what you were going to get in terms of tactics, team selection and results.

Individual players were dug out or ignored in the same way Bissouma and Spence have been this season.

Tom Huddlestone was the main victim under the Ramos regime.

Levy loves crashing the train.
We won the league cup and (remember Defoe had already gone in January) then sold Berba and Keane that summer which left us with Bent, Campbell and Pav up front. Disgraceful from Levy.

Remember the Inter away, Bale hatrick game when Gomes got sent off? Harry took off Modric instead of Tom Hud to bring on a keeper - silly cunt was clueless, trusted Tim and Les to assess Suarez when anyone with eyes could see he was special.

Agree on Bis, I don't on Spence.

Back
Top Bottom