Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the FA Cup was just ineptness, tonight though that loss feels deliberate almost. Did nothing really in the first half, some huff and puff second half, topped off with that last sub to have fucking six defensive players on at the end when you're losing.

Maybe now one game a week gets ConteBall firing on all cylinders, but that's a fucking smalltime way of operating and he's basically thrown the Champions League in order to get to that. He doesn't really deserve to get the chance to show he can power his way to the finishline on a minimal schedule once again. That's a bit of a fraud tbh.

Well, that’s a slightly unfair comment.

Those 6 signings are players most managers wouldn’t get much out of.
A mixture of cheap punts, overrated rubbish and players long past their sell by date.

I do think Conte has to go, but to paint a picture that it’s entirely his fault he hasn’t succeeded here is completely bogus.

Absolute nonsense. Starting CF for Brazil and one of the best CMs in the Prem a year or so ago for starters. Then Spence looked a great prospect and Danjuma's done well in La Liga and the CL. I'm tempted to give you Lenglet and Perisic but I'd probably argue that both were worth a punt, just haven't worked out.

Conte has managed to turn Bissouma from a world beater into a player who looks a shadow of himself, and the way Spence was treated has been criminal. Danjuma too will likely be rightly pissed off. You could argue that Richarlison hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip though I agree his return has been disappointing. You just can't make a serious argument that Brazil's no 1 pick at centre forward is not a good player though, even if they are going through a relatively lean spell in that position by their standards.

hahahahahahahaahhahaahahhahaahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

yes of course mate most managers wouldn't get much out of bissouma and richarlison.

watch how they perform when a new manager comes in.
They might slightly improve, but are either players ever going to be good enough to start for a Champions League club? (Or an aspiring Champions League club in our case) I highly doubt it.

How many managers has Richarlison played under in the PL? Has he ever looked like a 60 million player?

It's quite clear that the signings in the Summer were Levy signings. I highly doubt Conte wanted Richarlison, Bissouma, Spence and Lenglet.

The club didn't even bother putting a bid in for Conte's number 1 target (Bastoni).

Back
Top Bottom