Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was 'over the moon' (to use an old school cliche) when we got Conte, and other clubs' supporters were s****ing themselves, because they thought he would make us successful.
I could just about stomach turgid football if we were winning 1-0 every week, but we're playing a defensive formation and can't keep a clean sheet!
I know he's had a tough time of it lately from a personal point of view, but think he should have just taken a "sickie" until the end of the season and then cited that he was homesick /wanted to be with his family, which is fair enough. However, he should forfeit his salary and accept statutory sick pay, I'm sure his earnings to date will ensure he won't starve!
Just take the next plane to Italy and let us try to recover as best we can.

Levy sacks Mourinho before a final but doesn’t sack Conte after he has clearly given up.
Is Levy having some kind of King of Rohan/Grima Wormtongue moment right now? Doped out of his mind on opiates, deep in depression, and being led by the nose by a bunch of criminal caretakers blowing absolute smoke up his arse? What the actual fuck is going on over there?

Levy sacks Mourinho before a final but doesn’t sack Conte after he has clearly given up.
Is Levy having some kind of King of Rohan/Grima Wormtongue moment right now? Doped out of his mind on opiates, deep in depression, and being led by the nose by a bunch of criminal caretakers blowing absolute smoke up his arse? What the actual fuck is going on over there?

Got me thinking.....

As recently as CP & Fulham away our fans were chanting Conte's name and signing "Levy Out"..... Then he got ill..... It's been a horror week, but why would Levy have sacked Conte before now?

.......Fans are sick of shit football? .......Signing his name is one hell of a mixed signal. Completely the opposite vibe.

I wanted him gone before but now I just hate him.

He’s acting like we are demanding perfection but I think we‘d be happy with being competitive, have a team we could be proud of, and see progression.

The reality is that we have regressed in almost every aspect as a team and the club in general. Royal is the only player that I think we can actually point to as having had any substantial development this season and that’s only very recent and not sure how much Conte can be attributed to that.

Nobody gives a fuck about the history of Milan when the whistle blows. It‘s all about the players, the coaching, and the tactics and what they put out was an embarrassing and gutless display. I’ve never wanted a Spurs coach fired so badly and promptly as I do right now.

Got me thinking.....

As recently as CP & Fulham away our fans were chanting Conte's name and signing "Levy Out"..... Then he got ill..... It's been a horror week, but why would Levy have sacked Conte before now?

.......Fans are sick of shit football? .......Signing his name is one hell of a mixed signal. Completely the opposite vibe.
I don't know who these fans are singing Conte's name lately, but they need help.

Got me thinking.....

I think it was more of an anti-Levy sentiment than a really strong endorsement of Conte from what I’ve heard, almost like it’s a binary decision. For me, they can both fuck off.

I think it was more of an anti-Levy sentiment than a really strong endorsement of Conte from what I’ve heard, almost like it’s a binary decision.

Yeh, but if you're in Levy's postition listening to that; what else are you meant to think other than not to sack Conte?

Yeh, but if you're in Levy's postition listening to that; what else are you meant to think other than not to sack Conte?
You’re right but they were also singing “we want Levy out” right after as well so I don’t think he cares too much just as long as they still come to the games and spend money.

Ultimately he needs to make the right decisions for the club and everyone could see weeks ago that things were going south. There were very real discussions about whether or not he was going to make it through January let alone until now.

You’re right but they were also singing “we want Levy out” right after as well so I don’t think he cares too much just as long as they still come to the games and spend money.

You're missing the core of my point... It's the combined message sent:

Conte in / Levy out.

Back in that Palace away time-frame; If Levy is gonna stay (obv is!) then he'll want the fans happy and thus not be thinking of sacking Conte if the fans are singning his name.

Ultimately he needs to make the right decisions for the club and everyone could see weeks ago that things were going south.

A few weeks ago we were in relatively good form and for 2 of these subsequent losses he wasn't even in the country! ........Even if the undercurrent was different to the vocal element on those terraces during the games in question; the complexion of things has changed massively in the last 2 weeks.

There were very real discussions about whether or not he was going to make it through January let alone until now.

There were? All sorts of crap gets speculated upon here, but in the "real" world; once he made it to the world cup break he was always gonna rach January... It was literally 1 game (boxing day).

ugly piece of shit! fucking caveman with a hair transplant. fuck off back to italy. its on the floor just like you you fucking scumbag.

if that ugly cunt was in a museum discovering fire i wouldn't bat an eye.

Pun Leroy Patterson GIF by The Human Tackboard

My first post here and sadly it is to say that Conte's position is now untenable. When a player like Richarlison throws a grenade like that in public then it is clear that the manager has lost the dressing room.

If I was a betting man I'd say that Pochettino will be manager by the weekend.

Considering where the team was at when he arrived I feel we owe Conte respect for stabilizing the situation. But as fans of a team you want to see a manager demonstrate a commitment to the team and its traditions. This whole, one foot in and one foot out attitude has worn thin. I think he's a good coach and a good man, but this just hasn't worked out.

Considering where the team was at when he arrived I feel we owe Conte respect for stabilizing the situation.
But as fans of a team you want to see a manager demonstrate a commitment to the team and its traditions. This whole, one foot in and one foot out attitude has worn thin.

Depends what you call "stabilizing".....

.........He stabilized us only to de-stabilize the whole show again within his first full season with the things you subsequently described.

I think he's a good coach and a good man, but this just hasn't worked out.

I would have perhaps been as philosophical as you here... Until tonight.

I think he's shown a disgusting lack of regard for the fans with his performance and post-match comments.

Back
Top Bottom