Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think anyone is going to be surprised as to how this will end. In Conté’s defense, his hands are somewhat tied by injuries and players out of form but his language and listlessness are basically asking for dissolution of the arrangement

Considering where the team was at when he arrived I feel we owe Conte respect for stabilizing the situation. But as fans of a team you want to see a manager demonstrate a commitment to the team and its traditions. This whole, one foot in and one foot out attitude has worn thin. I think he's a good coach and a good man, but this just hasn't worked out.

Yeah, I think I know where you are coming from.
I have been in the Conte-in camp from the get go.

Today, it feels different. Watching Conte ball is bearable so long as we compete. We never looked like winning today, and to send in Sanchez at the expense of an attacking option was borderline negligent.

Richy didnt hold back, and am glad he did speak out. Add to that, the comments ( be they historically correct or not ), by Conte about the status of our Club compared to Milan was abhorrent.

Im not excusing Levy and co from criticism for our predicament, however todays result is on the Manager.

It's fair to ask at this point if Conte has been better for us than Jose
Throughout his tenure he hasn't. Jose got us to a Cup final with a much worse squad than Conte's. And Jose unlocked Kane and Son to their maximum potential. Apart from that, Jose was always committed. For a manager to have won as much as he did, he never felt or spoke like he was above the club, breaking lockdown rules just so he could coach Ndombele being the best case of them all.

The issue with Jose was that we always went ahead and then somehow we managed to concede in the last 10 minutes. We lost around 20 points that season only by conceding towards the end of the game.

If he's still taking training in the morning then he's not going.

I struggle to care at this point. I'm not even sure that I'm going to watch us play Forest if he's still in charge. Watching Spurs at this point feels like a chore.

People have short memories.

Conte
Why do we keep playing Son when he is out of form?
Why does he persist with 3-5-3 when it is not working?
Calling out the club for not investing
Why is he refusing to play our backup strikers Richy and Danjuma?

Poch
Why do we keep playing Eriksen when he is out of form?
Why does he persist with 4-2-3-1 when it is not working?
Why is he refusing to play our backup strikers Llorente and Jannsen?

Conte

Poch

More or less the same dirge played from Poch to Jose to Conte. The common tonality is the players aren't good enough.

All three world class managers, all three felt they were playing their best team, all three said they were undermanned. All three failed to deliver premium results with mediocre investment.

Conte

Poch
Seems like you have a short memory here.

We weren't tired of the 4-2-3-1 under Poch, we were tired of the fucking diamond.
Eriksen and Son have a lot of similarities, as in we both have better options off the bench than them (in Eriksen's case, Lo Celso was a lot better than him when Poch was starting to leave).
Nobody was calling out Poch for not playing Janssen and Llorente, hell, I think we sold them both before he even left.

As I've said, Conte isn't the problem, but he's a problem, and his behaviour tonight was disgraceful.

It's openly clear that Conte will do anything for himself, including throwing the players and fans under the bus along the way if it suits his agenda. He has no right to be in this position for next game and dare speak on behalf of this club. Whatever sympathy credit he had with the owners is well used up.

Get the vain prick out now!

Away fans... The most loyal of the loyal...... Arguably those that matter the most.
True. Maybe they were trying to get behind Conte and the team which of course is a good thing. I doubt that everyone would have been singing his name though because he has divided the fan base for some time

Conte

Poch
You can’t compare the Poch reign with Conte’s. Poch gave us the best football we have seen at the Lane for decades. I know we didn’t win anything but we were very unfortunate at times. The wheels fell off at the end because Dembele had gone, Walker left, the Belgian barrier was beginning to age, Ali was declining and Eriksen had downed tools. Poch was certainly not perfect but the team was coming to an end and needed rebuilding like Ferguson was financially backed to do at United. Poch also seems to love Spurs.
Conte on the other hand has made baffling decision after decision that you wouldn’t expect from a novice let alone an elite manager. The football overall has been eye bleedingly boring. Certainly doesn’t seem like a Spurs man either

Cannot watch this club anymore. Mismanaged at board level and mismanaged on the pitch. Will take a break until these things change as I support THFC and not a multi sports area that these owners prioritise over the football success. If they cannot see the problems over the years they are done. Please just fuck off and let someone who knows about running the football side take over.

There is no point in sacking him now, wait until the summer, review the situation, then appoint a new manager if it's decided he should leave.

No. He has to go right now. The club and fanbase need a lift. Fourth is still realistic, even with Mason in charge.

Conte doesn't deserve to be managing these players a day longer. The fans don't deserve to put up with his shocking football a day longer. Levy must man up and get rid.

You can’t compare the Poch reign with Conte’s. Poch gave us the best football we have seen at the Lane for decades. I know we didn’t win anything but we were very unfortunate at times. The wheels fell off at the end because Dembele had gone, Walker left, the Belgian barrier was beginning to age, Ali was declining and Eriksen had downed tools. Poch was certainly not perfect but the team was coming to an end and needed rebuilding like Ferguson was financially backed to do at United. Poch also seems to love Spurs.
Conte on the other hand has made baffling decision after decision that you wouldn’t expect from a novice let alone an elite manager. The football overall has been eye bleedingly boring. Certainly doesn’t seem like a Spurs man either

Doesn't look like he's comparing their reigns.

Looks to me like he's comparing similar criticisms from a fickle fanbase.

There is no point in sacking him now, wait until the summer, review the situation, then appoint a new manager if it's decided he should leave.
Hes lost the players and the fans .the season is over and the fucking clocks havnt changed yet..
Hes going through the motions and even the idea of him signing a new contract is out there with the fairies.

He should have fallen on his sword immediately after the game last night and said im off?.

Back
Top Bottom