Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dont you get it..the season is over..finshed,ended, kaput,finito,..the vast majority of support now accept it after the debacle of the last week....the idea of bringing someone in now is to ready the club and build in regard for next season instead of going through the motions and wasting months going backwards .
ENIC doesn't care what the majority of the support think, as long as we're competing for a CL place, they won't be pulling the plug unless they have got someone like Tuchal lined up.

After last night I will not be disappointed to see Conte leave.

End of last season there was alot of promise, fans singing his name in the stands and now it's all gone pear shaped. He can say as a club we haven't supported him but at the same time he really hasn't helped himself.

His lack of flexibility is baffling. I get not playing a back four but why not ever change to 3-5-2 or SOMETHING that might make abit of a difference. We have become far too predictable.

Last nights performance was a disgrace. Went out on such a limp in such a big match. The subs towards the end were baffling and bringing Sanchez on when we needed a goal is just taking the piss.

One thing I will say for Conte is that he appears to have had the opportunity to miss another month of the season recovering from his operation, but chose to return as quickly as possible.

He may be a miserable manager with boring rigid tactics, but at least seems to have some sense of duty.

However, Antonio, if you are reading this... feel free to take some more recovery time mate.

Hercules has just confirmed it's going to be Poch.

Screenshot-2023-03-09-at-07-45-16.png

Hercules has just confirmed it's going to be Poch.

Screenshot-2023-03-09-at-07-45-16.png

I remember getting a text from my brother in law who I knew was meeting Levy that day, saying "Redknapp is being sacked" and it was before anyone in the media had the story.

I posted it on Glory Glory as confirmed ITK info and literally everyone ignored it. The bastards. The horrible ungrateful bastards. I spit on them all and curse their mothers.

I'm not bitter though.

Unsure what point you're trying to make here?

Many fans are calling for Conte out / Poch in. Point is that many of the complaints we have about Conte we also had about Poch.

Stubborn, sticks to a system; even when it is not working. Has the same players starting every week regardless of form. Doesn't give opportunities to new signings. Unable to get consistent performances.

Mostly agree, but not on the best football for decades bit. Our best performances under Redknapp were probably better than under Poch in terms of team cohesion and attractive football - with significantly worse players (in general).

Worth summarising that when Redknapp took over we were bottom of the table. He took us to two 4th place finishes, a 5th place and a cup final loss on pens. We only started to collapse when he was being linked with (and failing to deny) the England manager job.
Redknapp did a good job as well but don’t think much can beat 2016/17 for quality of football we played. We were fantastic to watch and battered teams consistently

Many fans are calling for Conte out / Poch in. Point is that many of the complaints we have about Conte we also had about Poch.

Stubborn, sticks to a system; even when it is not working. Has the same players starting every week regardless of form. Doesn't give opportunities to new signings. Unable to get consistent performances.

But Conte has better players to resort to off the bench that he could bring on, Poch never had that.

How can we trust levy again to make the right choice????????

As for Cunte I can just imagine other teams waiting to play us during the week - so it's spurs then, what does you think they will do to surprise us - followed by uncontrollable laughter.....

Conte is at the club because of the disastrous appointment of Nuno, if ENIC had got that initial appointment right he wouldn't be here.

It's time to part ways. He's not up for it and his tactics are too rigid. He doesn't give our attack any creative freedom. A strict defence works if you give your attackers creative freedom to problem solve on their own. But he just wants them to be robots.

Back
Top Bottom