Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have watched the press conference and I haven't got a problem with anything he said. He even said Romero is not a complete player until he controls himself. A world cup winner who is not a top defender....there you go, it can be done. !! Richi is similar, shoots his mouth off with no justification. Another one who can't control himself.

I read between the lines....if Spurs can't match Contes ambition and stop making mistakes in the market....he won't be signing a new contract.
The club may decide he is poison and try to salvage something. I think Conte is intelligent and capable of winning things with good players......players we haven't got enough of.

Just because Conte gets sacked it doesn't mean the naysayers and the club are right. It's just starting the process all over again, kicking the can down the road.
I don’t understand. Have you not seen any of our games this year? It has been turgid shit even when we win. His first line in his statement about bringing on Sanchez is exactly the problem “I had to keep the team balanced”. It’s not a fucking Christmas tree! At that stage in the game we needed mayhem!

Potter is atrocious for a big team. but likely that's exactly your point

and it's PARATICI
I think so just saying a coach who can build a team based on good coaching, youth development, good transfer purchases on unknown players and then add some top quality ourchases who are gane changers. Added to some of existing quality players we have.

I don’t understand. Have you not seen any of our games this year? It has been turgid shit even when we win. His first line in his statement about bringing on Sanchez is exactly the problem “I had to keep the team balanced”. It’s not a fucking Christmas tree! At that stage in the game we needed mayhem!
Exactly! I watched the presser as well and he rambled on about the situation. What is exatctktntje situation. His “thoughts” as well where they? He kept going on about it. But what is it.
He never explained how a top 4 team with a strong line could not lay a glove on a 2nd string champo team. If anyone defends that they are not a spurs fan. You don’t need to build anything to win that game. Anyway his been here 15 months had 3 transfer windows what has he built? We certainly not very good at defending and we barely create chances good ones. We can’t carve teams apart, control ganes even at home, there is no style or tactical innovation. I really don’t get people defending him when his on£15M year and his added no value. When can he improve things?

Not exactly a hot take but nigh on certain it will be his last game today. There will be empty seats and the only way there isnt a lot of anger is if we get a couple of early goals and play well. Given we havent done that all season and we're currently a dispirited, knackered side with everyone out of form it doesnt seem likely. Levy completely neglegent to let this continue.

I think so just saying a coach who can build a team based on good coaching, youth development, good transfer purchases on unknown players and then add some top quality ourchases who are gane changers. Added to some of existing quality players we have.
but the problem are the results.
I would have liked to read the comments on Potter if he had made 8 defeats, 3 draws and 2 wins in two months like he did at Chelsea.
with the difference they made a transfer session of 350 M in January to save their season. tottenham could never do something like that.

it's not simple to hire a project manager, because at the end of the day, without results all coaches are wrong even if their philosophy is wonderful. with the results all coaches are good.
conte last year obtained the results, in this season no and he does not deserve a renewal

but the problem are the results.
I would have liked to read the comments on Potter if he had made 8 defeats, 3 draws and 2 wins in two months like he did at Chelsea.
with the difference they made a transfer session of 350 M in January to save their season. tottenham could never do something like that.

it's not simple to hire a project manager, because at the end of the day, without results all coaches are wrong even if their philosophy is wonderful. with the results all coaches are good.
conte last year obtained the results, in this season no and he does not deserve a renewal
I agree obvs results count but also need to see some evolution , Strategy going forward and a plan of where are going. None of which we will get with cunte as his not bothered to actually have to do some work as an elite coach. He can only work with top quality players in every position and in on way.

I agree obvs results count but also need to see some evolution , Strategy going forward and a plan of where are going. None of which we will get with cunte as his not bothered to actually have to do some work as an elite coach. He can only work with top quality players in every position and in on way.
last year the evolution seemed clear. because unexpected results arrived.
this year there is no evolution because the results have not arrived.
the results change the judgment, not the strategy and not even the philosophy

arteta now is a genius. why? because of the results. with a 6th place in EPL everyone would have considered him a failure. it's very simple

Not exactly a hot take but nigh on certain it will be his last game today. There will be empty seats and the only way there isnt a lot of anger is if we get a couple of early goals and play well. Given we havent done that all season and we're currently a dispirited, knackered side with everyone out of form it doesnt seem likely. Levy completely neglegent to let this continue.
There will be empty seats today. I don't think it will be that obvious though given the layout.
Also, it wont make a difference to Levy. All the seats will have been paid for already. What is needed is some good old fashioned bitching, (If Conte continues on his turgid program of anti football). This is where the combined efforts of the Shelfside and South Stand vocal support will be key.

I have some sympathy for Conte. Its not been the best 6 months for him, (personally).
Having said that, there are £15 Million reasons why he should have kept it professional. Football isn't everything, even if you think it is. He should have done the right thing for him and the club.
Instead it's turning into yet another soap opera.
The only people who will benefit from this are the media and rival fans. Levy needs to break the cycle and start using the stadium income more wisely, pay off some of the unusable deadwood and employ a manager that can put his arm around the players that do give a fuck.

Truth?

That a poor Milan & Sheff United B-team are too much for a piddly club like Tottenham and that thinking otherwise is just our fans lacking patience........ 1 & 1/2 seasons deep and it's unreasonable to expect that Conte might have laid enough "foundations" to not limp out of 2 cups like pussies in a week? (....Add in going out of the LC in the exact same fashion.)

...............That's the "truth"? .....Really?

Talking about "winning trophies" is just a smokescreen........ People aren't pissed at him cos we didn't WIN the FA cup or CL.... Fuck me; we never even got close to that dangling carrot!

I see him mention "money" in his little 'pity me' performance too.....

AC Millan
22/23 = €35m net (€32m of which was DeKetalaire) + lost Kessie on a free.
21/22 = €88m net (most expensive player Tomorie €31m)
20/22 = -€20m net (LOL imagine the tears if Spurs did that!)
19/20 = €65m (again, most expensive player €32m Kessie)

Spurs
22/23 = €138m net + €80m for PORRO & KULU to still be paid for!!!
21/22 = €61m net
20/21 = €97m net
19/20 = €86m net

......Who's out-gunned by who here exactly?????

....................Or was he comparing us to the mighty wealth of Sheffield United?
This says so much about how small Conte is as a person.

There will be empty seats today. I don't think it will be that obvious though given the layout.
Also, it wont make a difference to Levy. All the seats will have been paid for already. What is needed is some good old fashioned bitching, (If Conte continues on his turgid program of anti football). This is where the combined efforts of the Shelfside and South Stand vocal support will be key.

I have some sympathy for Conte. Its not been the best 6 months for him, (personally).
Having said that, there are £15 Million reasons why he should have kept it professional. Football isn't everything, even if you think it is. He should have done the right thing for him and the club.
Instead it's turning into yet another soap opera.
The only people who will benefit from this are the media and rival fans. Levy needs to break the cycle and start using the stadium income more wisely, pay off some of the unusable deadwood and employ a manager that can put his arm around the players that do give a fuck.
I honestly have no sympathy for him at all. I understand that he's gone through a lot lately, but he's been like this since the day he arrived. Whether it's the constant shitting on the club or playing favourites with players. Let's not forget he chased Bergwijn out too, only for us to go and spend £60m on Richarlison and end up in the exact same position again.

Mate give me a break with this “poor Milan side”. They are worse in the league this season but it’s not like they are midtable or in a relegation fight. Their players looked more comfortable on the ball than Sours players.

Sheff Utd I agree we should have won. But disasters like this have happened before.

What’s the point of comparing net spent...... you can spend less if you spend it wise and sell big. We aren’t doing that though, are we?
They're terrible. Utterly terrible. Had to stick fucking Krunic in midfield, and he's worse than Winks. Tomori has been a disaster this season, and the cunt won MoTM against us because we put him under 0 pressure. They were playing with Messias as a WB. Last season's Milan would wipe the floor with this season's, and they still beat us comfortably. Cunts probably were stunned as to how comfortable they were.

The Dealer . Another great post. Well done mate for standing up to the baying mob yesterday. Nearly every poster attacking you yesterday will have been screaming for Pochs head, Jose's head, just as they're screaming for Conte's head now and the next managers head in another 18 months or so.
Herd mentality at its finest.

I'd prefer to back a manager with a history of winning and who wants the club to change it's losing mentality and learn from past mistakes.... than a chairman with a history of losing, cementing our banter club status, and telling us how winning is so hard...

Such a predictable turn of events

Anyway. Long drive in front of us.

Come on Antonio and the boys!!!!!

SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs ,I'm hopefully gonna be there around 1-30 🍻

I am pretty sure Conte's days are numbered whether it be no new contract or before then. The baying mob flock will get their wish, rinse and repeat .

Potter is atrocious for a big team. but likely that's exactly your point

and it's PARATICI
Potter has been manager of a big team (with a ludicrous amount of players) for 20 minutes - if he gets hounded out early then that's shit.

Similar stuff was said about Arteta early doors and he seems to be doing ok now.

Conte is now seemingly ready for to die for us until the end of the season. That’s a bit like the Captain of the Titanic saying he had the rest of the route to New York planned out after hitting the iceberg.

He doesn’t even have the decency to resign and duck off.

I am pretty sure Conte's days are numbered whether it be no new contract or before then. The baying mob flock will get their wish, rinse and repeat .

Just because people want Conte to go, it does not mean they aren’t blaming ENIC.

Conte has to go because he has downed tools, he wants to get sacked, he is too stubborn to change tactics or players, he has lost the dressing room, he is giving digs about the status of the club & the fans.

If there is a baying mob then it’s gathering against ENIC.

Back
Top Bottom