Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“The people deserve much more than this”

giphy.gif

I think that two losses in a shit cup while coping with significant injuries has led Spurs fans in the media to indulge in a ridiculously negative narrative that they're trying to make into a thing. Conte will leave if a club doesn't meet his expectations. He's not some temperamental child who will quit on a whim. He knew the situation, agreed to do a rebuild, and knows that takes time. He also knows he needs to get rid of guys as much as get people in.

This self-imposed narrative that we're all doomed, the wheels have come off, and he's leaving is utter silliness. I have no doubts he's unhappy with the overall quality of the squad. We all are. He knows that some of the players are good (Kane, Son, Lucas, and Lloris). Some of the players are coachable and impressing him (interestingly that seems to be Winks, Sessegnon, Skipp, Dier, and Davies). And some need to go right now. He can't coach his way out of the problem players, and being someone involved in football for 30 goddamn years knows how transfers work. But for some reason Spurs beat journalists need to ask him if he's quitting after not trying as hard as possible to win the League Cup before a key NLD.

I think he would quit in the summer if he cannot get the kind of support he wants. And I wouldn't blame him. But trying to put words in his mouth for the sake of bad article writing really does take the fucking biscuit...

Anyone else get the ITK whatsApp message that he is going next month? Levy renegaded on a promised 150 Million for transfers, so he is off.

Complete bollo in my opinion.
No way would Levy promise 150 million...

Anyone else get the ITK whatsApp message that he is going next month? Levy renegaded on a promised 150 Million for transfers, so he is off.

Complete bollo in my opinion.
No way would Levy promise 150 million...
Well wether he did or didn’t 150million is what Tottenham are looking at just to be able to compete.

Conte has a great gig at Spurs. If he turns us around he's a genius. If he fails...well so did Jose and all the others.
In the meantime if a "better" club comes in for him his compo is relatively small.
I'm confident that his passion is genuine and his professional pride wants him to achieve great things here.

Conte has a great gig at Spurs. If he turns us around he's a genius. If he fails...well so did Jose and all the others.
In the meantime if a "better" club comes in for him his compo is relatively small.
I'm confident that his passion is genuine and his professional pride wants him to achieve great things here.
We can he realistically achieve here

Top 4 this season. With a bit of luck a good FA Cup run.
If we get a decent CB and MF and Traore this window and a good summer window to follow..sky's the limit.
Well it's good to dream mate but I think Conte wants to be at a club where he expects to challenge for cups and trophies not hope for a bit of luck in a cup run.

Back
Top Bottom