Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I really love how he expresses himself. If we fuck it it up with him then I will be close to done with Spurs, at least in the terms that I have understood it over the past 40 years.

Thanks Bill Madrid Bill Madrid Madrid for sharing.

Fuck me.

Question " will you see out your contract ? ".

" You seem subdued on the sidelines ".

The disrespect shown to us is amazing. Imagine Klopp / Pep et al being asked after a few months in their jobs, without a transfer window having closed, still in a battle for CL with games in hand, those questions.

Oh and your sentiment re backing this bloke, Im 100% in your camp. Back him or you will be left with a beautiful stadia watching NFL and concerts.

Times up on the board for me.

I wouldn’t say our tactics under conte are exactly free glowing attacking football. I’d say they are even more defensive than Dino and Nuno. I mean we play 5 defenders plus two holders and sometimes we’ve had winks skip and PEH on.
Ok he may not have his players but it will be the sane tactics but with his preferred players. At the moment you could say trans like villa palace Brighton Leicester wolves all play better football than we do. That surely isn’t all down to the players either they have or we have.
Hes here 2 months 😅😅

Hes here 2 months 😅😅
That may be true and sure it takes time. However apart changing and stick to this 5 defenders and 2 holders in front you can tell we have not really progressed as a team in possession. The soton Watford and morecombe games highlight this very well. Let’s see how we play next season. Must add that Gerard at villa seems to have got villa playing with great attacking intent and creating chances.!his only been there a few weeks. Let conte get his players and see how we play.

19bb4e678ceb1ba2c2bccad5bbeac246.jpeg

That may be true and sure it takes time. However apart changing and stick to this 5 defenders and 2 holders in front you can tell we have not really progressed as a team in possession. The soton Watford and morecombe games highlight this very well. Let’s see how we play next season. Must add that Gerard at villa seems to have got villa playing with great attacking intent and creating chances.!his only been there a few weeks. Let conte get his players and see how we play.

Gerrard'a lost 5 matches out of 9 you absolute nutcase lol

Unless you want Conte to implement a style away from his philosophy which makes us more open and puts us at risk at losing matches which is completely pointless.

Conte is trying to get us into that top 4 so we need to win matches, fuck the style of play for the time being, your not going to get expansive football out of this lot if you tried.

And he's building for next season so he's getting our players used to playing his way the cohesion, the patterns of play so come next season the players are well versed and ready to play in this system.

Chill out.

Last edited:
Gerrard'a lost 5 mashes out of 9 you absolute nut case lol

Unless you want Conte to implement a style away from his philosophy which makes us more open and puts us at risk at losing matches which is completely pointless.

Conte is trying to get us into that top 4 so we need to win matches, fuck the style of play for the time being, your not going to get expansive football out of this lot if you tried.

And he's building for next season so he's getting our players used to playing his way the cohesion, the patterns of play so come next season the players are well versed and ready to play in this system.

Chill out.
Looking at like that does it give a different perspective. Let’s hope winning games leads to improved style of play next season. Get the top 4 this season and move on.
One thing I am a little suprised is conte May be introducing the Italian style of the dark arts. If the players arnt really up to playing great football I’d like to see them show a bit more of the other side of the game. We have always been too soft. Look at citeh they do those “clever fouls” which breaks up the oppo attack. I think we missed a trick v soton by not targeting kwp in 2 nd half when we played Doh LWB which basically meant kwp had no defending to do.

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte, whose contract runs until the end of next season, has refused to give assurances over his future and says he is focused on the present. (Guardian)

Jesus christ are we the only club that this type of shit gets wrote about

We are the only club that would bring in an elite manager in their prime and then not give them any money to spend, so yeah. We deserve it.

Conte wants to win. To compete for titles and win trophies. We all know that isn’t going to happen with this squad, their ceiling is top 4 at the very best, top 6 more realistic. I believe Conte is happy to work with a squad less stellar than City and Chelsea, but it has to have quality in the key positions. It has to have the potential to compete.

If the squad doesn’t even have the potential to compete, why should he stay here? He wants to win. He expects to win. If he leaves early it will be because Levy doesn’t want to win.

We are the only club that would bring in an elite manager in their prime and then not give them any money to spend, so yeah. We deserve it.

Conte wants to win. To compete for titles and win trophies. We all know that isn’t going to happen with this squad, their ceiling is top 4 at the very best, top 6 more realistic. I believe Conte is happy to work with a squad less stellar than City and Chelsea, but it has to have quality in the key positions. It has to have the potential to compete.

If the squad doesn’t even have the potential to compete, why should he stay here? He wants to win. He expects to win. If he leaves early it will be because Levy doesn’t want to win.
Yes but the press didnt ask klopp was he leaving after his 1st 2 months when his results werent exactly great and the fans werent happy with what the board were doing either

It should come as no surprise that there will be speculation about Conte .He has signed for 18 months at least to start with but nobody thinks he will stay for long he is used to working with real top end players and we are unlikely to offer him many if any of those .We saw during the last week or so how far we are from that for me i want to see us winning things not being thrilled to bag fourth spot ahead of a rival .After all this time the record of ENIC is clear for us to know that things will stay more or less the same while they are in charge .

And? 2 years in and nothing won and nowhere near winning he still wasnt been questioned.

Why would they question him, after 2 years they were clearly moving in the right direction after years of failure.

Conte is being asked about his future because:

1. He has a short contract
2. He is clearly not very happy with recent performances
3. There has been zero action in the market with half of the window gone
4. Managers of Conte’s stature do not normally work for less prestigious clubs like ours

It’s perfectly understandable. You play as badly as we did against Watford, Chelsea and Morecambe and any manager would be concerned about the future. This team needs more quality. Our expensive players can’t even hurt a league one team.

Back
Top Bottom