Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He will build a strong foundation, win a couple of Trophies and then fall out with Levy like they all do. Then Poch comes back to dominate world football.
Wouldn't Poch's style of football and Conte's clash rather stylistically and logistically?

Like, I think that a return to pure Poch ball from a run under Conte could require quite the change in personell. It is probably better to have one more manager between them to make it more of a gradual shift. Otherwise we are just doing one hefty rebuild after another.

Wouldn't Poch's style of football and Conte's clash rather stylistically and logistically?

Like, I think that a return to pure Poch ball from a run under Conte could require quite the change in personell. It is probably better to have one more manager between them to make it more of a gradual shift. Otherwise we are just doing one hefty rebuild after another.

That could well coincide with the tail end of Hugo, Kane, Son, Doherty, Lucas, Davies; so maybe not the upheaval it might first suggest.

That could well coincide with the tail end of Hugo, Kane, Son, Doherty, Lucas, Davies; so maybe not the upheaval it might first suggest.
Fair enough. I was not taking players aging out of it into account.
Conte tends to lean on veteran players and get the most out of them so I wasn't even considering it.

Fair point. Though the spine of the team is there from posh days, Hugo, Dier Son Kane.

Fair enough. I was not taking players aging out of it into account.
Conte tends to lean on veteran players and get the most out of them so I wasn't even considering it.

What bodes well with either manager is the willingness to graft hard.

Defense:

- Romero & potentially Torres would get on just fine in a Poch Team.
- Dier's been there and done that.
- Quality WBs ought to be transferable.

Attack:

See above - Revamp likely required anyway.

Midfield:

I guess a more possession orientated MF would be the big change.

Fair point. Though the spine of the team is there from posh days, Hugo, Dier Son Kane.
My personal stance is that when Poch comes back it should be a completely clean slate when it comes to the squad. The less players left from his first stint the better.

Give the man a clean slate to draw up a new team instead of relying on players he used previously who are X amount of years older and may not be able to press like he tends to want us to anymore (our forwards in particular).

But that's more a discussion for the Poch thread I think. Here's to having Antonio for as long as we possibly can and him getting the most out of his players.

........Can't back your OG comment up with anything of substance then?

Still a chance to redeem yourself though..... I ask again:

Who in the last 15 year left due to a falling out with Levy?
All of them.

Do you believe all these coaches just went from good to bad? That Poch just went from two title charges and a champions league final to bottom half coach?

The results dipped because the coaches wanted to leave.

They don't resign because they don't get paid. They want the sack for their payoffs.

This is common practice everywhere.

You don't have to have an argument or hate your boss to fall out. You just need to have a difference of opinion on how you should do your job.
Once that happens, the working relationship is over.

But we all know you're either an Enic apologist or just an argumentative dick. Or both.

Edit; the only permanent coaches that were actually shit were Ramos and AVB.

Last edited:
All of them.

Do you believe all these coaches just went from good to bad? That Poch just went from two title charges and a champions league final to bottom half coach?

The results dipped because the coaches wanted to leave.

They don't resign because they don't get paid. They want the sack for their payoffs.

This is common practice everywhere.

You don't have to have an argument or hate your boss to fall out. You just need to have a difference of opinion on how you should do your job.
Once that happens, the working relationship is over.

....No tangible examples?

.......And a poor grasp of the common definition of "falling out".

As I said to the other guy; contradict this if you're able:

Nuno - Results
Mason - Temp
Jose - Lost dressing room.
Poch - 14th / Lost dressing room (Poch himself has sad they left on good terms and is assumed to want to come back)
Timmy - Temp
AVB - Results
Harry - Uncommitted.
Ramos - Bottom of table.

But we all know you're either an Enic apologist

No.... Only myopic, blinkered, obsessive "dickheads" think this.

Levy has made errors of operation and judgement; that's not been disputed her or anywhere else; by me or anyone else.

Now shoo; back to your Abramovic-appreciation you go, Mr "Close The Academy".

Last edited:
They do?

.......Nothing to do with either results or losing the dressing room?

Nuno - Results
Mason - Temp
Jose - Lost dressing room.
Poch - 14th / Lost dressing room
Timmy - Temp
AVB - Results
Harry - Uncommitted.
Ramos - Bottom of table.

Granted, Jol was appalling, but Conolli was against him from the start and was only too happy to pull the trigger...... By all means explain the Levy-factor in that though.
That's all well and good, but he appointed them all...

He won't leave because of where we finish.
He'll leave because Levy will promise him diamonds but give him broken glass.
That’s not the narrative that’s been painted though, a lot of of people have said that ‘we need CL for Conte to stay’ - I’m certain that eventually Levy and Conte will have a big fight and conte will walk, I just can’t see any scenario where that happens at the end of the season.

That’s not the narrative that’s been painted though, a lot of of people have said that ‘we need CL for Conte to stay’ - I’m certain that eventually Levy and Conte will have a big fight and conte will walk, I just can’t see any scenario where that happens at the end of the season.
He may not leave at the end of the season, but he may walk before the new season, if Levy does what Levy does.

If I am not mistaken, Conte left Juventus during pre season, and he extended his contract not long prior. Morata joined Juventus the first time to work with Conte that summer, only for Conte to leave before the two could truly work together. All because Conte felt Juventus were fulfilling their promise to get his enough the transfer target he requested.

Conte pretty much said that next season he wants to have us challenge for trophies. That is a big ask from our current squad quality depth.

Last edited:
That Poch just went from two title charges and a champions league final to bottom half coach?
Poch and the team were mentally burnt out. He'd reached the end of his project and it hadn't yielded that incredible prize he'd envisaged winning a few years previously. I don't know if he realised as much at the time, but he needed (and frankly deserved) time-out to refresh and Levy later admitted he hadn't backed him while all the stadium build was going on.

We have what should be quite a summer ahead where Levy and ENIC's real intentions will be laid bare. Not long to wait now. Pitchforks or back pats at the ready, for we are football fans with our passion and fickelness...

He may not leave at the end of the season, but he may walk before the new season, if Levy does what Levy does.

If I am not mistaken, Conte left Juventus during pre season, and he extended his contract not long prior. Morata joined Juventus the first time to work with Conte that summer, only for Conte to leave before the two could truly work together. All because Conte felt Juventus were fulfilling their promise to get his enough the transfer target he requested.

Conte pretty much said that next season he wants to have us challenge for trophies. That is a big ask from our current squad quality depth.

I don't think it is, look how consistent we have been in 2022 with this squad and a load of key injuries we can go up serious levels if he's backed with the right players.

He's a notorious quick fixer so his teams don't take a long time to adapt and nor does his players, a full pre season with a settled team and we are going places.

That's never been my view.
He wants the tools to win things and I can't see him being given them

Poch and the team were mentally burnt out. He'd reached the end of his project and it hadn't yielded that incredible prize he'd envisaged winning a few years previously. I don't know if he realised as much at the time, but he needed (and frankly deserved) time-out to refresh and Levy later admitted he hadn't backed him while all the stadium build was going on.

We have what should be quite a summer ahead where Levy and ENIC's real intentions will be laid bare. Not long to wait now. Pitchforks or back pats at the ready, for we are football fans with our passion and fickelness...

He may well have won something if he'd been backed.

Nothing that has happened at PSG suggests Poch is an elite coach. He’s a top bloke who gave us some fun but far too emotional to handle the big games. In the last couple of weeks we’ve seen the gulf between Conte and Arteta, we’re lucky to have him
I mean, he won the title, something they didn't do last season.
But you'd hope they didn't even need a coach with those players.

The problem with Poch, and the reason he isn't a good fit to come back to us now, is that he probably can't coach senior players. The likes of Kane (and Messi, Neymar etc) know their bodies and know they're not going to be able to hound opposition players down like they're 22 years old.

Back
Top Bottom