Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man got us to a CL final. Spurs. We won a semi final with Sissoko/Wanyama in midfield and Lucas/Dele (post decline..) up top vs a side who had humbled Real Madrid & Juventus. Not to mention knocking out a City side who hit 98 points that season and a really good Dortmund team too. We also had bloody Barca & Inter in the group stages.

Not to mention the incredible teams we had, with special mention to the team who challenged Conte's Chelsea. Easily the best, most dominant Spurs side I've seen. But he gets shit on by some 'fans' for gambling on Kane and losing a final vs a Liverpool side who beat Barca 4-0 and had 97 points in the PL. It's a fucking joke.
If Leicester and Chelsea had European football very good chance Poch wins 2 league titles. Said it before title challenging teams always play in Europe bar our near misses

The disrespect .. honestly man that’s something a gooner would say, quite embarrassing

Fuck off and be embarrassed somewhere else

Truth hurts????

He’s a loser and no way do I want him back

Completely bottled it in the CL final

He built that team and revolutionized us. Always welcome back imo. Had no stadium and no money for 18 months to spend on players. Disrespectful imo about poch. He was a great manager for us. Conte has done marvellous for us though.

A great manager like Billy Nic and SAF win things

He didn’t

Last edited:
I’m so pleased about what Conte is doing for Spurs and hope he stays beyond his contract, but Poch was great for us and some fans have very short memories.

That previous comment from Bazali was embarrassing, and the fact so many agreed makes me really question the members on this forum.

Poch literally transformed Spurs with a shoestring budget, man worked miracles and deserves more respect.

So what he didn’t win the Carabao Cup? He built the most exciting Spurs team I’ve ever seen, made us a regular top 4 side, and got us to a Champions League final.

If you really question the members on this forum because they disagree with you then leave it

Fuck off and be embarrassed somewhere else

Truth hurts????

He’s a loser and no way do I want him back

Completely bottled it in the CL final

Imagine getting a declining team in to a CL final by beating the likes of Inter, City, Dortmund & Ajax and then being called a 'bottler' because you lost 2-0 vs Liverpool whose keeper was MOTM on the day. Football fans are a special breed.

Last edited:
Pochettino the second coming when other options are exhausted and certainly not NOT at the expense of Conte even Levy wouldn’t be that stupid..

A proven winner unlike Poch
I think your being a bit harsh on poch. Did you have the sage criticism of him while went unbeaten at home all season. Handing wallopings to Chavs dippers and manure? Yes we didn’t win anything but we’ve won f all in over 30 years so it’s not as if we are trophy machine. Poch made us competitive and good to watch at the same time. Only harry comes near that in last few decades. Surely you would accept those times under poch were exciting and we want that back again. Hopefully conte can give us both and win things. But diss poch for what he achieved.

Fucking hell let the Poch thing go

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think your being a bit harsh on poch. Did you have the sage criticism of him while went unbeaten at home all season. Handing wallopings to Chavs dippers and manure? Yes we didn’t win anything but we’ve won f all in over 30 years so it’s not as if we are trophy machine. Poch made us competitive and good to watch at the same time. Only harry comes near that in last few decades. Surely you would accept those times under poch were exciting and we want that back again. Hopefully conte can give us both and win things. But diss poch for what he achieved.

I’ve never said Poch wasn’t good in most of his tenure with us or that we weren’t good to watch but that doesn’t win you trophies and we never came close if you’re honest
So if you like watching good football without winning anything Poch is the manager for you but I want more

You were scathing about Jose but at least he’s a proven winner as evidenced again at Roma and had he been given a chance he would have done so with us but got sacked just before a cup final in the most bizarre fashion

I would accept that the football served during that period wasn’t great but he deserved another season imv

Imagine getting a declining team in to a CL final by beating the likes of Inter, City, Dortmund & Ajax and then being called a 'bottler' because you lost 2-0 vs Liverpool whose keeper was MOTM on the day. Football fans are a special breed.

You’re conveniently forgetting that he threatened to resign just before the final thus destabilising his side

It’s called ‘bottling it’ imv

Back
Top Bottom