Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the same at every club though!! Preseason is brutal, always has been (apart from a Mourinho one). Today the players that were dropping were those who haven't had the past week at Hotspur Way, so effectively this was their first session, so not really a surprise that they suffered, whilst not really a surprise that those who didn't drop have got a week's worth of training in their legs already.

Many a pre-season I've done with an amateur and semi-pro involved this type of running. Sessions are sometimes 3hrs long or doing double sessions (morning + evening).

I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Only one making a fuss here is you with the dissertation homie, I wasn't being serious... :thumbup:

I tend to get the feeling you don’t complain with Conte. You learn to love the pain or you fuck off.
It is his way of building the group: sacrifice, strict rules, group in front of individuals. Either you are with him or you can go away.
The club must become everyone's goal otherwise you are a foreign body.

I don't know how you will do the next championship but in Italy for the first time there is a great curiosity towards Tottenham. Especially since the purchasing campaign and the preparation are finally coordinated.

Next to the usual Manchester City and Liverpool this time you are there.

Here is a 2016 interview with De Rossi about Italy that with really mediocre players (Giaccherini, Pelle ', Zaza, etc.)was eliminated by Germany only on penalties.

Run a lot, score in the final race. Is the condition optimal?

De Rossi: Yes, we are physically well, we have raced more than anyone and that is the most relevant data. The fact that he scored so many goals in the final leaves the time he finds because so many teams have done the same in this European Championship. It can be a coincidence but not 100%. It can certainly mean something because if a team physically collapses after 60-70 minutes, then it is very difficult for them to score in the 90th minute.

What is special about Antonio Conte?

De Rossi: Conte is a special coach. Very special, different from many coaches I've had. He is someone who asks you a lot and repays you with honesty. You always know that the choices he makes - whether you like it or not - will be dictated by what he thinks is best for the team. Many coaches say one thing and then do another. Many evaluate external conditioning, printing, the importance of the name. On the other hand, we all feel the same here because the coach is like that. It is extreme from this point of view. As for me, he makes me feel good. Even if the choices should penalize me.

Not sure what the big deal is - I personally love to see it. Running 42 lengths is what... 4.2 km? Yeah it's probably a pain whilst actually doing the laps but honestly, I bet they're feeling just a tad bit fitter then the day before and glad they did it. And it's sort of a team bonding experience - everyone including our star players are going through the same thing. No special treatment. It's just a process and probably a much needed one. This is what the pre-season is for. We need to start the season with a bang

I'm off to see my tattoo guy tomorrow.......

Using this as an inspiration.

MV5BYzhhYmRiM2ItZTU3Yi00MTIzLWJkZmQtNGEzYzFlODQ1ZDg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgyMzEyNDY@._V1_.jpg

That's just dividing his salary by wins and draws. Hopefully next year it will be just £250K for each win, meaning we will have won all 60 of our matches. :D

Yeh.... I'm all for performance related pay; but sadly this ain't it.

That's just dividing his salary by wins and draws. Hopefully next year it will be just £250K for each win, meaning we will have won all 60 of our matches. :D
I look forward to the ENIC out brigade frothing at the mouth at the fact Levy is paying Conte 562k less for each win. You call that ambition you bald cunt? You got complacent just when we could have taken that final step.

I look forward to the ENIC out brigade frothing at the mouth at the fact Levy is paying Conte 562k less for each win. You call that ambition you bald cunt? You got complacent just when we could have taken that final step.

It's kinda weird how when there's finally a sense of optimism and togetherness about the place........ The Levy fanatics feel the need to create some kind of parallel world where the bickering and back stabbing resumes to satisfy some depraved urge inside of them.

Trying to create discord where none exists.

:contetellmemore:

Maybe you should just chill out like the rest of us and contemplate the absurd childishness of your post

:dierpochhug:

It's kinda weird how when there's finally a sense of optimism and togetherness about the place........ The Levy fanatics feel the need to create some kind of parallel world where the bickering and back stabbing resumes to satisfy some depraved urge inside of them.

Maybe you should just chill out like the rest of us and contemplate the absurd childishness of your post

Thanks Joan. Your contribution in the transgender thread would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to create discord where none exists? You're the ones still yammering about Levy, how he did fuck all in the past, that you don't believe he had a change of heart, that Conte bullied him into spending (I mean, seriously...), etc. etc.

How about you all admit that you had it wrong all along and can now see that there was a logical and necessary process to get to this point? That would then be the end of it. But you don't admit that and still second guess every move the club makes, which then opens you up to these types of comments.

Last edited:

Sounds like a Remoaner to me

Back
Top Bottom