Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

didnt realise how bad conte's teams have been in the champions league. that needs to change this year and im sure it will. got to have a real go at it, take advantage of the weakened states of madrid, barca and bayern.

Andrea Pirlo knows his stuff.....

Pirlo on players complaining about hard training sessions: “I don’t give a f**k if they complain, if only they knew what we had to do under Conte they would have killed themselves, people were lying on the ground.”​

He looks really happy Conte doesn’t he? Really happy with our transfers. Maybe unrealistic with his previous, but i want Conte here long term. I want him to build something special and shut those gooner “warra trophy “ cunts up for good. I want Conte here for 6/7 years.

lol This is probably why he ha lasts only a few years at clubs, eventually players get fed up with this sort of military training, let's just hope ours don't.

Poch’s were pretty grim too

Has Ndombelly still downed tools?

Last edited:
Poch’s we’re pretty grim too

Has Ndombelly still downed tools?
I would have taken him on the tour just for the training sessions. Run him till he collapses, then pick him up and run him some more. Given the amount we pay him, he's probably very happy to be back here, jogging around and doing some light stretches etc which is all we'll have him and the other outcasts doing.

Andrea Pirlo knows his stuff.....

Pirlo on players complaining about hard training sessions: “I don’t give a f**k if they complain, if only they knew what we had to do under Conte they would have killed themselves, people were lying on the ground.”​

Pirlo has always said (even in his book) that if he decided to become a coach and only after having worked with Conte.

Conte told of his great admiration for Pirlo.

When he arrived at Juventus Conte had to build the team and Pirlo was decisive. His training was very hard but considering that Pirlo wasn’t complaining then no other player dared to complain. And from there Juventus returned to growth.

Pirlo has always said (even in his book) that if he decided to become a coach and only after having worked with Conte.

Conte told of his great admiration for Pirlo.

When he arrived at Juventus Conte had to build the team and Pirlo was decisive. His training was very hard but considering that Pirlo wasn’t complaining then no other player dared to complain. And from there Juventus returned to growth.

I tend to get the feeling you don’t complain with Conte. You learn to love the pain or you fuck off.

lol This is probably why he ha lasts only a few years at clubs, eventually players get fed up with this sort of military training, let's just hope ours don't.

This is the same at every club though!! Preseason is brutal, always has been (apart from a Mourinho one). Today the players that were dropping were those who haven't had the past week at Hotspur Way, so effectively this was their first session, so not really a surprise that they suffered, whilst not really a surprise that those who didn't drop have got a week's worth of training in their legs already.

Many a pre-season I've done with an amateur and semi-pro involved this type of running. Sessions are sometimes 3hrs long or doing double sessions (morning + evening).

I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Back
Top Bottom