Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tiers:

Conte, Poch, Jol, Redknapp (improved the results/the club’s status, mostly enjoyable football)

AVB, Ramos*, Hoddle (False Dawns but did no long term damage to the club)

Sherwood, Santini, Mourinho, Nuno (crap football/ bad for my mental health, or actively harmed the status of the club).
I'm not trying to be facetious but, have you ever heard of Bill Nicholson, Arthur Rowe, Keith Burkinshaw or Terry Venables?

Cracking news......

Could have done without the disruption so early in the season.... The lads need him out there on the frontline (esp. the newbies).

Must admit though, I thought that a red was an automatic one match ban...... Piss-weak deterrent otherwise innit?

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be facetious but, have you ever heard of Bill Nicholson, Arthur Rowe, Keith Burkinshaw or Terry Venables?
Strictly ranking Levy/ENIC era appointees. Hence no mention of those guys and even if I wanted to, I couldn’t because it wouldn’t be an honest judgement.

For a spurs fan to make an honest judgement over every club in our history, they’d have to be about 150 years old…

And Tuchel was already on a yellow card IIRC. Still baffles me that he wasn't given a second one for running that far out of his technical area.

It's also a fucking stupid move to do that at 2-1 in the 78th minute. You ain't won the game with that long to go, son.
:contetellmemore:
He knew he made a cunt of himself, then at full time he did it again and again during the press conference....because...well, he's a cunt isn't he...

Strictly ranking Levy/ENIC era appointees. Hence no mention of those guys and even if I wanted to, I couldn’t because it wouldn’t be an honest judgement.

For a spurs fan to make an honest judgement over every club in our history, they’d have to be about 150 years old…
Fair enough, but you never stated this, hence my question. Plus, the person you were replying to had asked "Wonder where he [Nuno] would rate in the grand scheme of things", which I took to be, considering everything, all managers.

I disagree with you about judging managers from the past that you have never seen. Unlike players, they are judged purely on results, trophies won, league positions. And in most cases you can read about them, get other people opinions, a lot of them from contemporaries.

Anyway, enough waffling from me. Three and half hours to kick off, time to get ready. COYS!

Stuff like this goes a long way with me..... it's not a lot to ask of a manager to do this for each age group a couple of times a season given how much they're paid.

Those wee lads would have gone out there feeling 10ft tall which helps spur them on their journey no end.

Not so much of a cunt, but definitely dealing with a bunch of insecurities.

Fair to assume he's not as safe as he was now he's under new ownership...... No one knows what Boely's m.o. is..... If he spends big and doesn't like what he's seeing he could easily reach for the trigger.

Wouldn't be surprised if TT was feeling the pinch a bit..... Esp. After a shitty pre-season, a half built squad and a couple of iffy performances/results so far.

Curious to see how they look this weekend...... Maybe we flattered them a bit last week?

Back
Top Bottom