Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"When you start a process you need time and patience. If we understand this time and patience, everybody is ok, otherwise we can lose the passion, the enthusiasm. I don't see another way to the way we are doing. I can't promise in this moment to win trophies for our fans because in this moment we are far to do it. Then if it happens, it will be a plus. I continue to ask for time and patience because we are far from other teams that are used to winning and have a squad strong to win."

Be fucking patient you cunts. The man himself has said it numerous times before, it’s not like he’s using that as an excuse. Both Klopp and Pep have managed their clubs for years, even that cunt Arteta has been given more time than we have with Conte, so be patient. The man will put us back on the map.
Ok, that all sounds pretty.

And none of it is stopping him from NOT STARTING EMERSON.

That's nonsense, all fans have a sense of self entitlement and our support has been questioned, we are no different although I take your point about Liverpool fans who seem to have a togetherness and rally in support of their team, same for Everton, must be something in the water up there.
What I saw yesterday was nothing short of a disgrace. Factoring in this injury crisis and our position both domestically and in Europe there just is no words for it. I get performances aren't the greatest at better but there are some many factors attributing to this.

Klopp in 9th in the league, United being spanked 3-1 and yet we're booing the team at half time because we're losing to Liverpool? Which btw was player errors! The cost of our 3 back CB's was 12 million. Liverpool speant 90 on Van Dyke alone!

Conte is playing a system which is getting the most out of players and when our forward players are in form creates a lot of opportunities to them which is shown with our scoring record in the last year!

People demanding a high press system must clearly not be watching Kane / Son who just wouldn't be capable of it anymore. We'd be ripped a part much worse than we are at present.

Conte knows more than anyone on this forum about elite level football! And the best bit about it is that he seems to TRULY care about competing at the highest level. He has so much evidence pointing to this guy being an elite manager yet people would have him out is just madness.

At the very least sceptics should back him even if it is just to allow him to die on his own sword. At present all he's done is absolutely turn around last season from the utter shit it was.

We all need to be united together and not at each others throats. That starts with the coach!

Why do we tend to be the worst supports when it comes to supporting their club? Look at other fans in the league. Liverpool fans always getting behind their team - even to the extent of over blowing their players ability. United getting behind whoever's in charge because they know the problem is above manager level. Even Burnley gave unwavering support to Shaun Dyche!

This man has shown us in his short time what he can do. He just needs backing and support! He's the first person who see's what we need! He's got an entire squad to look after tho - it isn't FIFA!

The absolutely best thing we could do as supporters is belt his name out as loud as possible during our next game and show him our support. If you're not happy with the players you should be outside the training ground making it known to them or preferably Levy / Enic who are responsible for why no manager whoever it might be is ever properly backed for our own expectations.

The fans turning on Conte just 100% gives Enic a get out of jail free card instead of being held accountable for performances on the pitch!

BACK CONTE

Come off it, we are not the worst supporters for supporting our club. We turn up in numbers, we cheered the team on even at 2-0 down last night. The booing was very much restricted to half time when we were making it obvious that what we watched for 45 minutes wasn't up to par, and it better change in the second half.

As a fanbase, we're relatively docile if anything. No other "Top Six" fanbase would tolerate 14 years without a trophy, or 31 years with 3 trophies. If anything we're the least entitled group of fans out there but we do like being entertained. At the moment we're neither winning trophies nor are we entertaining to watch.

But anyway it doesn't matter. Conte's a big boy. He can take it, it just feels to me like it's just a deflection or an excuse to use in six months when he leaves. We chant his name in matches much more often than we boo, we sing his name nearly every single match sometimes repeatedly.

What I saw yesterday was nothing short of a disgrace. Factoring in this injury crisis and our position both domestically and in Europe there just is no words for it. I get performances aren't the greatest at better but there are some many factors attributing to this.

Klopp in 9th in the league, United being spanked 3-1 and yet we're booing the team at half time because we're losing to Liverpool? Which btw was player errors! The cost of our 3 back CB's was 12 million. Liverpool speant 90 on Van Dyke alone!

Conte is playing a system which is getting the most out of players and when our forward players are in form creates a lot of opportunities to them which is shown with our scoring record in the last year!

People demanding a high press system must clearly not be watching Kane / Son who just wouldn't be capable of it anymore. We'd be ripped a part much worse than we are at present.

Conte knows more than anyone on this forum about elite level football! And the best bit about it is that he seems to TRULY care about competing at the highest level. He has so much evidence pointing to this guy being an elite manager yet people would have him out is just madness.

At the very least sceptics should back him even if it is just to allow him to die on his own sword. At present all he's done is absolutely turn around last season from the utter shit it was.

We all need to be united together and not at each others throats. That starts with the coach!

You can debate how well Conte is doing but I think you are spot on about Kane and Son. Kane is an immensely brilliant player but he rightly plays within himself physically. Son is pretty useless defending from the front and does best with room in behind.

No one does. Literally everyone who watches Spurs knows that Emerson is not good enough at RWB. It's just right now, he is the most in-form RWB we have.
If we don't resolve the RWB issue in January, I'll be very disappointed.
Because he keeps getting a spot in the starting XI for doing feck all ..thus Doherty or Spence don't even get a chance

Conte's stubbornness is really disappointing.

Royal is going to start vs forest as well..you can see the script

Morris had us playing 3CBs during the much fabled 16/17 season.
wtf-christian-bale.gif

16/17 is also our best ever season in Premier League, isn’t it? Poch switched to back 3 around November/December iirc and we were blowing teams away. Rose and Walker were key to this system, and we had a proper midfield base with Dembele and Wanyama...

When Davies replaced Rose, it wasn’t as dynamic and we noticeably struggled to create chances. Just proves how important dyamite wingbacks are to this system.

Sess @ WB / Perisic @ Lfwd made perfect sense given the injury situ.

Not starting Doherty: madness.

I would hope that Doherty is still being managed. He had a run of starts (and did well) during Emerson’s suspension but he has been held back since then. Probably overloaded him a bit.

If Doherty is fully fit and ready to play and still being overlooked then that would really worry me. We saw straight away the impact that Doherty had simply by not being a wimp and getting involved in the attack.

Conte appears to be giving priority to players who can defend over players whose strengths lay in attacking the opposition. That is why Royal gets the nod over Doherty and Spence in my opinion. Safety first. It is also why Son spends more time tracking back now than looking to get forward.

I could wear this against teams who are genuinely much better than Spurs but these tactics are prevailing against every team we play. Something has to give and it doesn't look as though it will be Conte any time soon.

wtf-christian-bale.gif

16/17 is also our best ever season in Premier League, isn’t it? Poch switched to back 3 around November/December iirc and we were blowing teams away. Rose and Walker were key to this system, and we had a proper midfield base with Dembele and Wanyama...

When Davies replaced Rose, it wasn’t as dynamic and we noticeably struggled to create chances. Just proves how important dyamite wingbacks are to this system.

I think you missed my point..... i.e. That 3CBs doesn't automatically equate to defensive football.

FWIW; we were happily ripping teams up and/or scoring lots even with Davies at LWB too.....

4-0 v Stoke
3-2 v Everton
3-1 v Swansea
4-0 v Watford
4-0 v B'muff
6-1 v Lester
7-1 v Hull

We had super Jan, Toby, Wanyama and Dembele protecting Hugo in those days. Hugo only had to make saves then. Once Sissoko and Winks rocked up Toby and Jan were exposed. Once they bailed out Hugo was found out again and looked like his AVB persona.

He's an elite manager but he shouldn't be going into big games with small team mentality. Look at Woolwich, they're fearless and that bravery sort of put their opponent of guard. We on the other hand set out not to lose and that makes us the underdogs. These things play in the players' mimd.

Last edited:
He's an elite manager but he shouldn't be going into big games with small team mentality. Look at Woolwich, they're fearless and that bravery sort of put their opponent of guard. We on the other hand set out not to lose and that makes us the underdogs. These things play in the players' mimd.

When Conte get to spend £350m after 3 years let's compare ourselves to them then shall we.

And I'm not even taking anything away from Arteta here, he's done very very well with that squad which he's built but the point is that he's had time and money to spend.

We've just done our 1 year anniversary with Conte and he keeps pleading for time and patience, it's obvious to everyone that this isn't how he wants us to play and this isn't his end game.

We don't know what the orders the players are getting are though.
What we know, for sure, is a lot of these players have done the same thing for 4 consecutive coaches.
Call me simple, but the problem doesn't seem to be the coaches.

Back
Top Bottom