Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this true?! If so, means he is unhappy at transfer policies at the club...

Read the whole interview rather than taking a single quote which might mislead you.

He also says he knows the club's policy is to recruit younger players (which any manager would find out at the first interview)

So far club have recruited Perisic aged 33 (Conte no doubt likes) having played with him at Inter) but also Spence (who Conte says he likes, perhaps as a prospect) but all the others are established international players average age circa 24, so experienced.

No manager always gets their way with players, Klopp for example admits the recruitment boss twisted his arm behind his back to get Salah signed. Klopp said afterwards he was grateful.
All you've posted is clickbait to generate attention/clicks

Conte in the 13 months he’s here has got Bentancur, Kulusevski, Lenglet, Perisic, Richarlison, Bissouma and Romero signed full time. A few other fringe players as well. That’s more backing in the transfer market than any manager has ever got during the rule of ENOC. Maybe Conte should have prioritised a few other positions on the field they needed more urgent upgrading for ‘his system’.

Conte in the 13 months he’s here has got Bentancur, Kulusevski, Lenglet, Perisic, Richarlison, Bissouma and Romero signed full time. A few other fringe players as well. That’s more backing in the transfer market than any manager has ever got during the rule of ENOC. Maybe Conte should have prioritised a few other positions on the field they needed more urgent upgrading for ‘his system’.
Or perhaps he could actually coach the team so that we're not chasing every day.

How we can dominate teams when we're 2-0 down, but can't at 0-0 is all down to Conte.

Top post! Unfortunately he only has one system which seems place emphasis on defenders more than creativity so transfer policy is skewed that way.
It amazes me we are players like rabiot and the Moroccan when already have enough of those types of players. Why didn’t we go for the Brazilian toon got?
We don’t need any more of those types we need a Maddison not only fit his passing and goal scoring but his set pieces.

Or perhaps he could actually coach the team so that we're not chasing every day.

How we can dominate teams when we're 2-0 down, but can't at 0-0 is all down to Conte.
Yes exactly especially when his on £15M / yr. surely his got have coached team to play better than what we see. How many more games are we gonna sleep walk for 60 mins letting the oppo come at us without any sort of engagement? Has done nothing this season to change this pattern. He needs to improve what he has at his disposal.
Also for a defensive minded coach we arnt even hard to break down and look totally unorganised. Teams with far less quality are better organised.

It seems the posters are split on whether they want Conte to stay or not. Paratici/Levy will have similar doubts and not know how far they should back him. Conte said he was not ready to go into another job in the summer of 2021. Levy took the flack for not backing him. When Nuno was sacked being midseason, there were not a lot of options with Managers out of a job or prepared to move mid season. Conte was backed by a large number of our fans and I believe was the best choice at the time.
Not going well at present but do we stick or get rid? I am in favour of sticking and hope he can quickly get back to the performances of the end of last season. The players coming in which there will need to be at least 2 need to be players that can go straight in the team and hopefully will be wanted by whoever is in charge next season.

Man, that interview is meek. Conte sounds defeated. Can’t see him sticking around. Has ambitions that levy and Enic won’t prioritize. Sad but once again we will be “rebuilding” sooner then later. I’m gradually becoming a little more frustrated with our ownership than I ever have before

Man, that interview is meek. Conte sounds defeated. Can’t see him sticking around. Has ambitions that levy and Enic won’t prioritize. Sad but once again we will be “rebuilding” sooner then later. I’m gradually becoming a little more frustrated with our ownership than I ever have before
I will be delighted to see us rebuild, especially if we replace functional cloggers like we have currently with dynamic, exciting players.

Besides, regardless if Conte stays or not, we will more than likely have to rebuild around a new figurehead as Kane will be away.

He's just not into us. Bored of this dance he needs to sign to give us the stability to get targets. He can always resign if he thinks levy fucks him over with spending promises down the road.. This trying to use his leverage to secure more funds is now underming the progress of the club. He is never going to sign anyway. Its time we realised it he just doesn't fancy us.

I rate him as a manager but every decent manager has fallen in love with this club. Because we are special. We are a brillant club time he either joins us on a special journey or admits He's never going to sign and both parties move on.

Of course if he turns out to be tottenham most successful manager since Billy Nick. I have every right to withdraw this opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either Levy spends £150m+ and revamps this squad, or he sacks Conte and finds a manager who can get more out of the fringe players like Spence etc. The current formula will not work.

What’s our ‘elite level’ ‘serial winner’ £15 million a year manager got up his sleeve to turn this one around.

Back
Top Bottom