Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With some hindsight, I'd take Mason over Nuno. Only issue is that Winks would be the first name on the team sheet.
You gotta feel eventually even Mason, with a lump from his head missing, will realise that Winks isn't a PL footballer. Nuno has had 6 games and seem to be surprised when the games kick off, but even he's stopped putting him on the bench already,

It's a long time ago. Can't say I remember the Anfield thing.

Liked his time in charge though. Wasn't perfect. Things never are, but don't remember it being terrible at all. Used to enjoy the football we played and overall it wasn't bad at all. He got unfair stick in my opinion and still does.
It was like having Nigel Farage as manager is how I remember it

With some hindsight, I'd take Mason over Nuno. Only issue is that Winks would be the first name on the team sheet.
Mason did a very decent job given the circumstances. I think he spoke really well as a Spurs manager too. The football was entertaining, we scored goals and the team looked happier, especially Bale.
I'm not sure about keeping him on though. He's still young and not sure if he'd be ready, plus the Tottenham support is pretty uncompromising at the moment, so might well have savaged him the moment it wasn't going perfectly. Keep an eye on... maybe in the future.

If we got him it would be exciting at least. Because you can guarantee he wouldn't join without the promise that he would receiving backing and plenty of control over transfers. It's what he wants at every club. He'd probably demand even more after seeing the mess we're in this season.

Think the ship has sailed though, and Levy would look utterly ridiculous backtracking now.

Yep and they weren’t all wanked on short term old duffers with no residual value a la Mourino
Correct.
19/20
In (euros)
Lukaku 65m (sold for excess of 100m euros)
Lazaro 22m
Politano 20m
Radu 12m
Eriksen 20m
Few smaller signings

Out
Icardi 50m
Barbosa 17m
Few others coming to further 35m ish

Went from 4th to 2nd

20/21

In
Hakimi 40m (sold for more)
Barella 25m
Sebsu 20n
Few smaller signings

Out 26ish million worth

Went from 2nd to 1st

Not sure why people think Conte spent Inter into trouble. He spent what now looks like sensible money on players that won them the title for the first time in a decade on players who have made them a profit since.

If we got him it would be exciting at least. Because you can guarantee he wouldn't join without the promise that he would receiving backing and plenty of control over transfers. It's what he wants at every club. He'd probably demand even more after seeing the mess we're in this season.

Think the ship has sailed though, and Levy would look utterly ridiculous backtracking now.

GOOD! He should crawl back on his hands and knees with a cheque book in his mouth and promise Conte everything with a legally binding contract to make sure he follows through with it.

Really?
Here's our 25 man squad

Lloris - won't rate keeper for now
Doherty - 1/10
Reguilon 3/10
Romero - Can't get a game, still managed 2 or 3 yellows already
PEH - 3/10 and knackered
Sanchez - 1/10
Son - 6/10 average - 8/10 on a day when there's a team to play with
Winks - 0/10
Kane - Not a Spurs player anymore
Gil - no one fucking knows
Royal - Prince Andrew Royal
Rodon - tall. 3/10
Dier 1/10
Lo Celso - 4/10 complete enigma.
Sess- Forgot he existed
Dele - 2/10
Golini - Hart/Gazza/Vorm level backup
Bergwjin - 2/10
Tanganga 3/10 for effort
Moura 2/10 - another few months post Ajax and it'll be a 1/10
Ndombele 0
Skipp - stop relying on a kid
Davies 0/10
Clarke 0/10

Where's the 11?
That is a bottom 6 squad
Lloris, Emerson, Tangana, Romero, Reg, Skipp, Ndom, Gil, Son, Berg, Kane

Lloris, Emerson, Tangana, Romero, Reg, Skipp, Ndom, Gil, Son, Berg, Kane

I have my doubts on Emerson, Tanganga, Romero and Skipp. IE, they have done nothing at Spurs yet to show they are "good"
I know for sure Reguilon has gone backwards. Ndombele is never going to be pivotal, Bergwjin misses everything and Kane is done at Spurs.
Gil looks exciting but no idea if he'll become a player who plays every week.

Put it into perspective - every team in every league with a full squad has a "best 11"
It doesn't mean they're 11 good players.

I have my doubts on Emerson, Tanganga, Romero and Skipp. IE, they have done nothing at Spurs yet to show they are "good"
I know for sure Reguilon has gone backwards. Ndombele is never going to be pivotal, Bergwjin misses everything and Kane is done at Spurs.
Gil looks exciting but no idea if he'll become a player who plays every week.

Put it into perspective - every team in every league with a full squad has a "best 11"
It doesn't mean they're 11 good players.
Seen enough to know they are better than shit like PEH, Lucas, Sanchez etc. Will that 11 get us to top 4? Prob not. Will it be a better side than last year / this year? I think so, yeah

Seen enough to know they are better than shit like PEH, Lucas, Sanchez etc. Will that 11 get us to top 4? Prob not. Will it be a better side than last year / this year? I think so, yeah
Won't get top half, but that isn't your 11's fault, that's 5 years of buying players from the D list's fault

I think we have a decent 7-8:

Lloris, Tanganga, Romero, Reguilon, PEH/Skipp, GLC, Kane, Son

Missing a CB, AM, RW in the starting 11 and that is with me being kind including Tanganga at RB which is far from ideal and GLC in the MF as I think we don't play him in the right role. PEH and Skipp should not play in the same MF together unless for injuries, later in games when we are up or the occassional City/Chelsea game when we are parking the bus.

I really think it would finish top 6, that’s a good side with a balance of youth, experience, flair and pace

I think over 38 games we're behind the established top 4, everton, leicester. west ham, Woolwich, villa, leeds, and possibly even palace.
I would even throw Wolves in who were the oposite of us earlier on, where they lost games but played superb football and were bad misses away from thrashing teams. Including us.

I think over 38 games we're behind the established top 4, everton, leicester. west ham, Woolwich, villa, leeds, and possibly even palace.
I would even throw Wolves in who were the oposite of us earlier on, where they lost games but played superb football and were bad misses away from thrashing teams. Including us.
I honestly think we’ve been handicapped by some championship level wankers like PEH, Lucas, Winks, Dier, Sanchez etc. These shitters have killed us

We are where we are because Poch wasnt backed when he needed to be and players that needed to be moved on weren't because the chairman wanted stupid money for them. This is on Levy

I honestly think we’ve been handicapped by some championship level wankers like PEH, Lucas, Winks, Dier, Sanchez etc. These shitters have killed us

I don't think the other options are more than 10% better and many are nowhere near as experienced.
Most of the players you've replaced others with are not internationals and haven't played much PL football at all.

I think we have a decent 7-8:

Lloris, Tanganga, Romero, Reguilon, PEH/Skipp, GLC, Kane, Son

Missing a CB, AM, RW in the starting 11 and that is with me being kind including Tanganga at RB which is far from ideal and GLC in the MF as I think we don't play him in the right role. PEH and Skipp should not play in the same MF together unless for injuries, later in games when we are up or the occassional City/Chelsea game when we are parking the bus.
Reguilon is dreadful mate

Agree with others

Back
Top Bottom