Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah... it's not great at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if those exact words in that exact order have been written several times already this year alone!!

Thinking ESL, sacking Jose before a cup final and then taking 4 months to find a new manager...

Yes and no. Somebody (anybody, not you) would have said it about any one of those things with others supporting the same action.
Whereas this, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone with blood flowing through their brains that thought Nuno was a good appointment, that the search was a shambles or that not tearing up the playbook now is the only way to fix the rot.

Yeah... it's not great at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if those exact words in that exact order have been written several times already this year alone!!

Thinking ESL, sacking Jose before a cup final and then taking 4 months to find a new manager...
Sacking Timmy

:sherwoodwtf:

That was far worse than this. People need to remember times like that before getting too worried about this...
Yes you’re right although it was made clear that Timmy was only a caretaker manager from within the club like Mason so Levy could save a few quid

Last edited:
Yes you’re right although it was made clear that Timmy was only a caretaker manager from within the club like Mason do Levy could save a few quid
I meant his sacking btw! I liked Spurs under Timmy. If things don't work out under Nuno, they should give Timmy a call again. Not enough gilets at matches these days...

Is this some sort of sick joke? I couldn’t think of a worse choice, other than Campbell
Haha. I loved Timmy and we can leave that other guy out of it. I had to remind myself who came in after Timmy.... I mean fair enough, the replacement went OK, but Timmy was doing well at the time. Never got a fair crack and then got the sack... We played better football under him than Mou.

Haha. I loved Timmy and we can leave that other guy out of it. I had to remind myself who came in after Timmy.... I mean fair enough, the replacement went OK, but Timmy was doing well at the time. Never got a fair crack and then got the sack... We played better football under him than Mou.

There was no rhyme or reason to anything he did (Lennon @ #10, Sigurdson @ #6 FFS!); his crash and burn was inevitable... Half the team (most of the good players; Jan etc.) hated him too.

......Then imagine him being the one to conduct a cul of that squad in the summer; he'd have only kept all the 'pwoppa' lads.

Remember him hiding in the stands when we were getting slaughtered at Anfield?

There was no rhyme or reason to anything he did (Lennon @ #10, Sigurdson @ #6 FFS!); his crash and burn was inevitable... Half the team (most of the good players; Jan etc.) hated him too.

......Then imagine him being the one to conduct a cul of that squad in the summer; he'd have only kept all the 'pwoppa' lads.

Remember him hiding in the stands when we were getting slaughtered at Anfield?
It's a long time ago. Can't say I remember the Anfield thing.

Liked his time in charge though. Wasn't perfect. Things never are, but don't remember it being terrible at all. Used to enjoy the football we played and overall it wasn't bad at all. He got unfair stick in my opinion and still does.

He needs to admit he fucked up once again, get rid of Nuno and do everything in his power to get Conte on board. Conte is currently still available With no club. A complete shambles how he was not given this opportunity and Nuno was the guy.
Wasn't it Conte that eventually walked away from us? Levy hasn't changed. Can't see this being a goer at all. Sadly,as i think now like i did then he would be the hand grenade we need.

It's a long time ago. Can't say I remember the Anfield thing.

Liked his time in charge though. Wasn't perfect. Things never are, but don't remember it being terrible at all. Used to enjoy the football we played and overall it wasn't bad at all. He got unfair stick in my opinion and still does.

There was a dark humour to it all... I'll give you that.

It was like watching a football version of The Office.

Wasn't it Conte that eventually walked away from us? Levy hasn't changed. Can't see this being a goer at all. Sadly,as i think now like i did then he would be the hand grenade we need.

Well Conte wouldn’t of walked away if we met his demands. He’s one of the best managers in Europe so needs the backing. Our wanker of a chairman failed to offer that, so went for a yes man in Nuno instead

He's ballsed up a lot, but this feels genuinely different.
Feels exactly the same to me. SSDD baby. Unless we lose the next four. Levy will stick to the plan. Minimal investment on playing side maximum acquisition of tangible assets. We are in no way different to Sparta Prague were to Enic, there's zero emotional investment er go zero "pressure". Sorry lads but after twenty years of this you should really get how it works.

Back
Top Bottom