Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

slaven bilic
6DSO9nT.gif

We want Paratici and by all accounts he wants to be here, and yet the contract has not been finalized. These are big and intricate negotiations, and with the window closed and players prepping for the Euros or on vacation there's not a lot of urgency to have it all done right now other than to satisfy a bunch of forum posters with nothing better to do (guilty).

Will we hire Conte? Maybe. Will we not? Maybe. Will it matter in September that we didn't have a manager on June 8th? No, even if we hadn't sacked Mourinho he wouldn't be at Hotspur Way right now.
Utter twaddle, sorry.

If we want to be scrabbling around at the back end of the transfer window for a manager and players we are going to have a shit season (because the start will be so disrupted). Been proven time and again.

Last edited:
This obsession with having a manager in place early and signing players and having a "full preseason" is really bizarre. Particularly in an off-season with major international tournaments that mean most players will do fuck all until early August at the soonest anyway.

We've had that in the past and done fuck all with it. Clubs have signed key players near deadline day and won trophies.

We don't fail to win trophies in April and May because we didn't have the full squad doing keepies in Enfield in July. "Get them in early and have a full preseason" is just one of those vague bullshit lines parroted by talking heads and supporters. If you appointed Guardiola and signed Mbappe, Haaland, and VVD on August 31st, I think you'd still win a fucking trophy.
No idea why you're taking this position, it's either incredibly dumb, ill informed or both.

Last edited:
This obsession with having a manager in place early and signing players and having a "full preseason" is really bizarre. Particularly in an off-season with major international tournaments that mean most players will do fuck all until early August at the soonest anyway.

We've had that in the past and done fuck all with it. Clubs have signed key players near deadline day and won trophies.

We don't fail to win trophies in April and May because we didn't have the full squad doing keepies in Enfield in July. "Get them in early and have a full preseason" is just one of those vague bullshit lines parroted by talking heads and supporters. If you appointed Guardiola and signed Mbappe, Haaland, and VVD on August 31st, I think you'd still win a fucking trophy.
Wrong.

It's not just the players though,it's their family,should they have one.It gives them that extra bit of time,to find a house,gettheir kids into school etc.
I appreciate that the latter part of that wont effect a single player,but the former still would.

Couldn’t disagree more, the earlier we get players signed the better. Not only will they have more time on the training pitch with their coach and teammates but they also have more time to learn about the club, the language, move house, sort out their car, kids, dogs, etc.

Of course a good player is still a good player whether they are signed on the first day or the last day, but look at how a player like Lo Celso has been affected by missing pre-season two summers in a row. He has been unable to stay fit or make a big contribution to the team. A disrupted start should be avoided at all costs.

Couldn’t disagree more, the earlier we get players signed the better. Not only will they have more time on the training pitch with their coach and teammates but they also have more time to learn about the club, the language, move house, sort out their car, kids, dogs, etc.

Of course a good player is still a good player whether they are signed on the first day or the last day, but look at how a player like Lo Celso has been affected by missing pre-season two summers in a row. He has been unable to stay fit or make a big contribution to the team. A disrupted start should be avoided at all costs.
I think you have totally misread his post. Right now all the good players are with their national teams and after the tournos they will be wanting a holiday.
Also most of the people who run the football clubs are on holiday as well.

EPL done deals so far-zero.

I think you have totally misread his post. Right now all the good players are with their national teams and after the tournos they will be wanting a holiday.

The transfer window only opened today

But how long ago did we sack Jose?
the fact we still don’t have manager is either because they are all turning us down , or
The plan all along was to get Southgate or martinez after the Euros , and if this was the case then why sack Jose before the cup final? Everyone hated his cunting football but as much as we hate to admit it we had a better chance to win it with him over mason!
There is also my wild card theory that levy would get back poch if the chance came along.

But how long ago did we sack Jose?
the fact we still don’t have manager is either because they are all turning us down , or
The plan all along was to get Southgate or martinez after the Euros , and if this was the case then why sack Jose before the cup final? Everyone hated his cunting football but as much as we hate to admit it we had a better chance to win it with him over mason!
There is also my wild card theory that levy would get back poch if the chance came along.

I’ve agreed with your post but I don’t want Poch back

I still cant blame any club chairman/owner for not simply giving someone like Conte everything they want.

Managers are temporary, always will be - the club needs certain stability to succeed - so if Conte was looking to sack off half the club staff for his own men I can understand that being a sticking point.

Similarly if he was demanding huge budgets, or say over finances - same again. You cant give people the power to damage the club.

Now I dont know what exactly Conte was asking for, but I also dont know things didnt work out just because Levy is a tight cunt (yawn).

I still cant blame any club chairman/owner for not simply giving someone like Conte everything they want.

Managers are temporary, always will be - the club needs certain stability to succeed - so if Conte was looking to sack off half the club staff for his own men I can understand that being a sticking point.

Similarly if he was demanding huge budgets, or say over finances - same again. You cant give people the power to damage the club.

Now I dont know what exactly Conte was asking for, but I also dont know things didnt work out just because Levy is a tight cunt (yawn).
I'd like to see the list of players Conte was asking for.

Hopefully it will leaked to a hack.

Then we'll have a better idea of Loco Conte's masterplan for winning the PL with the famous Spurs....

When you are as poorly run as us and a top manager with success at multiple stops wants to bring in his guys you need to listen and think about the fact that he has had success and we have not.

Plus where are any reports that he wanted to sack half the club staff? It seems like he wanted to bring in 7 of his people which is not a lot at all.

Again where are the reports that he wanted to have a huge budget?

Why are people inventing possibilities that not only aren't supported but also go against what is reported? What has Levy done to earn the benefit of the doubt to say he is the reasonable one in this case? What has Conte done to say that he is the one in the wrong?

Back
Top Bottom