Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank fuck his barnet is fake, based on his post game comments he might otherwise lose it before he gets his own players in.
I was saying to my friend, he'll be tearing it out if we keep playing like that - she didn't believe me when I told her it was a syrup/weave/transplant! I told her to look up some photos of him when he played.

I loved what he said after the game about it being good for the players to win by suffering. This team loses heart too quickly when something goes wrong, just because we conceded a dumb goal from a corner doesn't mean we should lose control of the game at 3-1 up.

Even Mourinho said something similar when he first rolled up (his first match also ended 3-2 to us after we were 3-0 at West Ham), about how nothing that happens in a game should affect our confidence. If the team is well prepared and believes in itself, we should be able to keep playing through anything. Conte will need a lot of time to work on the physical condition of our players which is clearly very poor, but he should be able to improve their attitude and confidence very quickly. All they have to do is listen to him and do what he says. The more they believe in the team the less often these stupid things will happen.

Sometimes as a manager, you need some lucky breaks, think this is one of them. It's certainly a group of players that he can spend time with during the International break and put a decent team out following the break (Nuno got no such luck for example, not that I think it would have made the slightest difference).

You know what I love about Conte; he has absolutely zero insecurity. Everything he does is with complete confidence that with the right tools he’ll get us winning.

Compare that to Nuno, who looked a fragile individual from the off worried about how Levy, Paratici, the players and fans all thought of him.

Or Jose, who would divert attention away from his limitations in any way he could because he’s so insecure.

Conte really doesn’t give a fuck how he’s perceived. If we sack him at the end of this season, he’ll get a new job at a top club. Every decision he makes on personnel, transfers and tactics is about winning, it’ll have zero to do with protecting his position

I really believe in this guy. Perhaps more than any Spurs manager in my lifetime.

Reguilon is one player that especially needs some sense beaten into him. He gives the ball away so cheaply it's painful.
Yeah he does, was watching last night and some of his passes are so casual, it's actually endemic with a lot of our players, not just him it's just so fucking sloppy which means no one has been calling it out and it's generally accepted

Until now...:contepoint:

Good.

Glad to see Conte will have almost half the First Team players (9 or 10) to train over the international break including :

Dier
Tanganga
Reguillon
Ndombele
Winks
Dele
Moura
Bergwijn
Gill
and possibly Sessegnon returning from injury

That assumes the following 11 international call ups :

Davies - Wales
Rodon - Wales
Romero - Argentina
Sanchez - Columbia
Doherty - Ireland
Royal - Brazil
Skipp - England u21's
Hojbjerg - Denmark
Lo Celso - Argentina
Son - South Korea
Kane - England

I was saying to my friend, he'll be tearing it out if we keep playing like that - she didn't believe me when I told her it was a syrup/weave/transplant! I told her to look up some photos of him when he played.

conte-syrup.png

Good.

Glad to see Conte will have almost half the First Team players (9 or 10) to train over the international break including :

Dier
Tanganga
Reguillon
Ndombele
Winks
Dele
Moura
Bergwijn
Gill

Davies - Wales
Rodon - Wales
Romero - Argentina
Sanchez - Columbia
Doherty - Ireland
Royal - Brazil
Skipp - England u21's
Hojbjerg - Denmark
Lo Celso - Argentina
Son - South Korea
Kane - England
I guess that will feed into the Leeds game (dependent on how Everton goes).

But good chance for Winks and Ndombele to stake a claim. Dele is still a mystery.

Tanganga could also be another winner.

Good.

Dier
Tanganga
Reguillon
Ndombele
Winks
Dele
Moura
Bergwijn
Gill

Davies - Wales
Rodon - Wales
Romero - Argentina
Sanchez - Columbia
Doherty - Ireland
Royal - Brazil
Skipp - England u21's
Hojbjerg - Denmark
Lo Celso - Argentina
Son - South Korea
Kane - England
I found it interesting that Southgate said he's left people out of his squad because they haven't been playing at the top level lately. On that basis, how the hell did he select Kane?

Give him better players and we get better. Much better. Down to Levy/Paratici and the others to do their stuff now.

Levy: Get the money rolling in then back the fuck up.

Fab/Hitch: Massive scouting overhaul needed in time for the summer; particularly on the domestic/HG front.

Fab/Tony: Da hit-list/offers they can't refuse.

Back
Top Bottom