Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nobody is going to question that the club needs to back Conte, it’s the definition of what actually means. If he says: “I want Mbappe, Rice and Foden or I’m off” then he’s being unrealistic. If on the other hand he’s given Saha and Nelsen he has every right to be disappointed.

The point is there has to be realistic compromise, his preferred players must be the type of player that wants to play for us and suit our needs.

Surely Levy understands it’s now or never and no stone must be left unturned.

Nobody is going to question that the club needs to back Conte, it’s the definition of what actually means. If he says: “I want Mbappe, Rice and Foden or I’m off” then he’s being unrealistic. If on the other hand he’s given Saha and Nelsen he has every right to be disappointed.

The point is there has to be realistic compromise, his preferred players must be the type of player that wants to play for us and suit our needs.

Surely Levy understands it’s now or never and no stone must be left unturned.

I also think it is unrealistic to think it can all be done in one window.

I also think it is unrealistic to think it can all be done in one window.

Yes, we are definitely not going to be replacing 1/2 the squad in one window.

1. Try and get rid of some of our dead wood
2. Finalise the actual signings of the loan with option to buy players (Kulu etc)
3. Get in a few players in the most important positions for Conte's system (i.e wingbacks etc)

Won't stop some fans throwing their toys out the pram though because their definition of being 'backed' is very different to what Conte and the clubs actually want.
My definition of 'backing Conte' is not fucking about when it comes to getting the deals done. If Conte wants a player, and we can afford him, then get the deal down sharpish, and not drag it out for fucking weeks. Other clubs can do this, so we should bloody be able to.

My definition of 'backing Conte' is not fucking about when it comes to getting the deals done. If Conte wants a player, and we can afford him, then get the deal down sharpish, and not drag it out for fucking weeks. Other clubs can do this, so we should bloody be able to.

Completely fair although you should know that we aren't the only club to drags deals out which tells you it's not just down to the club as to why some deals take long , I think as long as he gets in his players or at least his key ones before pre season then he'll be good.

Ammased 12 clean sheets (3 under Nuno) with Dier, Romero, Sanchez and Davies, Emerson, Sess, Reg, Doc at the back, that has matched our record (15) when we had prime Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Rose when we conceded 26 goals

Levels.
Very encouraging isn't it? And Sir Archibald Crooks Sir Archibald Crooks also posted good stats re goals conceded

I'll highlight total points. If (Yes, I know, big if). If we beat Norwich next weekend we'll be on 71 pts, which over the course of a full season = 76 pts.

We've only beaten that ONCE EVER. No surprise, it's the 2016-17 when that squad were at their peak, Walker and Rose on fire, impossible to defend against even on the small WHL pitch. We got a stonking 86 then, but never before or since near 76.

If we lose this guy because of Levy dawdling and haggling over the price of some cones then it'll be absolutely scandalous. With this guy in charge, and backed, we can compete for the PL. No question.

I'm even more confident that if (fingers crossed) we're in CL, then under Conte we could actually win the thing. Conte's best results for us are against the best teams. Not lost to City or Dippers. Which really should have been the final if City hadn't had some habitual bad luck and Real somehow scrambling a result like we did at Ajax.

I'm hoping that Kane is thinking much the same and will be happy to stay.

More evidence.
0-3 home loss to United. 10 games and 15 points with a -7 GD. 1.5 PPG.
Since then, 27 games 53 points 1.96ppg - GD up to +24 which is now comfortably the 4th best in the league.
Woolwich - 1.88ppg since Conte
Chelsea 1.73ppg
Only City and Liverpool have taken more than us. Admittedly, it's a fair bit more but they took a grand total of 2 points from us from a possible 9 and we didn't lose a game to either all season.

We just need too sort our shit out against poxy Chelsea. We could start to see a swing in the right direction on that next season if we back the man!
I'm predicting a Chelsea downturn next season to coincide nicely with Rudiger and Cristensen leaving and Kante fading rapidly. Could see a slow start and Tuchel gone by Christmas.

That's mainly why I think we'll finish third.

I'm predicting a Chelsea downturn next season to coincide nicely with Rudiger and Cristensen leaving and Kante fading rapidly. Could see a slow start and Tuchel gone by Christmas.

That's mainly why I think we'll finish third.

I doubt they'll be as trigger happy now RA is on the out.....

Of course their squad issues may still prove detrimental though.

Yes, people expecting 10 in and 10 out are deluded. Paratici’s biggest task is getting rid of those we don’t want or need.
As of when Paratici came in I think the critical players to shift were broadly the following:

- Dele
- Winks
- Sissoko
- Aurier
-Ndombele
- GLC

All but Winks were shifted over his first two windows (yes we still need permanent solutions for NBelly and Gio).

Combined within that group were all the bad apples within the squad.

Of the players we should consider selling now (Rodon, Sanchez, Emerson/Doherty, Reg etc.) I don't get the impression they cause issues behind the scenes. All reports around the club seem to suggest Conte is really happy with the group.

So we're now just looking at upgrading quality rather than restoring dressing room harmony, which is a much easier task.

I think 5/6 in and 5 out is more realistic. I trust Paratici to find us more Bentancur/Kulusevski type deals to get the numbers in that fit Conte's system without spending silly money.

Back
Top Bottom